You’re probably thinking that oatmeal is a pretty random ingredient to use while making a face scrub. After all, isn’t this an ingredient that’s more at home in your kitchen than on your dressing table? Well, oatmeal has a ton of skin care benefits such as reducing dry skin and soothing itchy skin. Moreover, its grainy texture really helps when you use it as an exfoliator as you can then remove all dead skin and impurities easily. Instead of risking the chemical burn of branded exfoliators, try any of these DIY oatmeal scrubs that you can make at home. These scrubs when used with homemade peel off masks will result in clearer, dirt-free, glowing skin!
1. The plain Jane scrub
- One of the best things about an oatmeal scrub is that you don’t even have to add more ingredients to it. It’s the perfect lazy girl recipe!
- Mix some oatmeal with hot water and let it sit until it becomes soft.
- Rub the oats in a circular motion all over your face to exfoliate.
2. The oatmeal and milk scrub
- This oats scrub can be used to moisturize your skin slightly while you exfoliate.
- Just add some warm milk to the oats until they become soft.
- This should take 5-10 minutes. Rub it all over your face in a circular motion.
- If you don’t feel like using milk, you can always use a substitute in the form of a mild moisturizer like Olay Moisturizing Lotion.