Hi everyone! Today I’ll be sharing a few techniques for face massage that you can include in your skin care routine. A face massage has amazing benefits for the skin. It boosts micro-circulation which means more oxygen and better delivery of nutrients to the skin. It can also help firm up sagging facial muscles and improve the elasticity of the skin. While regular facials at the parlor is a luxury that few of us can afford, its easy to do a facial or a simple massage at home on a weekly or fortnightly basis. Have a look at my face massage techniques video below to know more.
A few pointers to keep in mind :
- Always start with clean hands and a cleansed face.
- Use light pressure when working around the delicate eye area.
- Make sure to use a good quality cream/lotion/oil for your massage. Something which feels nourishing is good but if it contains nutritious ingredients that help add a glow to the skin, even better! My pick – Forest Essentials Soundarya Radiance Cream. This is a powerful combination of 24 Karat Gold Bhasma, effective herb infusions, unprocessed oils, pure cow’s ghee and nourishing roots; that are stored and simmered over a slow fire in copper vessels that impart their own potent properties to these.
- Use a floral face water or thermal spring water mist to aid the massage. The skin tends to absorb the cream after a while so its helpful to use a mist to add some slip to the skin.
- Avoid excessive rubbing on areas where you may have broken/irritated skin or active acne.