1. Cranberry (frost finish reddish pink with bluish undertone)
This was my first MAC eyeshadow along with Amber lights. A very versatile pink shade, more on the dramatic side, can be used for a variety of looks. I’ve worn it paired with purple HERE, with MAC siahi HERE and HERE
2. Plum dressing (true purple-plum shade with veluxe pearl finish)
3. Twinks (deep plum brown shade- darker than sable, with veluxe pearl finish)
4. Amber lights (peachy golden-bronze)
Very flattering golden/bronze shade. Have worn it with brown in the crease HERE.
5. Sable (medium plum brown with taupe undertone with frost finish)
My coastal scents 88 original palette arrived finally and here is a quick look I did today.
This a parrot green smokey eye look paired with dusty pink lipstick and bronzer on the cheeks.
On a well moisturized face, apply light foundation , set it with compact and apply a little bronzer on the cheeks. For the eyes, prime the lids and apply MAC Smolder and smudge, apply parrot green eye shadow on outer 2/3rd of lid, lime green on inner 1/3rd and blend at crease with dark brown eye shadow. Apply black liner on upper lash line and finish off with a coat of mascara. Apply dusty pink or peach lipstick on the lips.
Today I’m reviewing Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick in shade “Hooked on Pink”.
Price: Rs 299
Quantity : 4.2 g
Maybelline color sensational lipsticks are one of the best lipsticks among the drugstore brands available today. Ever since they launched, they’ve been a popular pick for young girls and women alike because of their wide variety of shades and decent quality and an affordable price.
The shade I have is #65 Hooked on Pink which is a warm fuchsia shade definitely on the brighter side but a more wearable fuchsia for Indian skin tones because of a warm undertone. It is one the shades that I reach out for the most these days. It brightens up my face and I can wear it without foundation and eye makeup too. One of my must-have shades for the summer!
The GOOD about Maybelline Colorsensational lipsticks –
1. Sturdy and chic packaging- I like carrying it with me and doing touch ups cos of this reason 😛 Easy to spot the shade due to colored sticker at the end of the lipstick.
2. Decent moisturization though not as much as Chambor lipsticks.
3. Reasonable staying power of 2-3 hours . Leaves behind tint on fading. Lasts longer if no meals taken in that time.
4. Very affordable pricing and 4.2 g product at Rs 299 . This is one of the biggest pro of this lipstick and one of the reasons why it is so popular especially among young girls.
5. Wide variety of 48 shades to choose from (especially nude shades)
The NOT-SO-GOOD about Maybelline Colorsensational lipsticks-
1. Some of the frosty shades are drying and the shimmer settles in the fine lines and is difficult to take off.
2. Darker shades of wine, plum, brown etc not available in this range as in the Moisture extreme range.
3. Not suitable for dry lips.
Would I repurchase : Yes! Though I won’t need to. Would definitely try out more shades especially nudes since there are lots of them in this range.
Final Verdict : One of the best drugstore brand lipsticks available, it offers smooth texture, decent moisturization and staying power, packaged in a chic and attractive packaging – all for Rs 299 and comes in 45 shades. A must range to explore if you like nude shades. The shade reviewed is a must-have bright pink for me and a must-try for those looking for a wearable bright pink shade but do not buy without trying it on as its not a universal shade and may not be your kind of fuchsia.
Rating : 4/5
Have you tried Maybelline Colorsensational lipsticks? Which is your favorite shade? Let me know your comments by replying below.