Hi everyone! Today I’m sharing the breakdown of this cranberry and dusty rose makeup look I tried a few days back. Unfortunately something went wrong with the video footage so I couldn’t upload the tutorial. But since so many of you loved this on when I posted it on Instagram, I thought I would do a blog post sharing the full product list with you!
Products used for the EYES :
- NYX Vivid Brights cream eye shadow – Bad Blood (wine red matte color – used it as a base all over lid)
- MAC Folie eye shadow (matte brown eye shadow – patted this over the NYX cream eye shadow to tone down the red and make it darker, browner. Used this along the lower lash line too)
- Miss Claire Baked eye shadow no.24 (stunning cranberry eye shadow in shimmer finish – patted this over the centre bit of the eye lid using a flat finish. Its not easy to find everywhere but if you find this in any beauty store, grab it! Its very affordable too, under Rs 200)
- MAC Feline Kohl – along waterlines
- Freedom Brow Pomade – Ash Brown (for filling the brows)
- MAC In Extreme Dimension Waterproof Mascara (gives lots of length and really nice volume, one of the best from MAC as far as mascaras go!)
- Random unbranded false eye lashes
Products used for the FACE :
- The Body Shop Instaglow CC Cream – Warm Glow (as base all over the face, makes the skin slightly bronzed and tanner. I used this because the foundation I used doesn’t have enough warmth in it so using a warm base underneath helps prevent the foundation looking ashy)
- L’Oreal Paris Lumi Cushion Foundation – N4 (blends effortlessly with a beautiful glowing finish, medium coverage, really liking it so far! Just wish they had more of golden undertone shades)
- Maybelline the master contour palette – Medium/Deep (for contouring cheekbones, jaw and nose), used the Highlighter shade from the same palette along top of the cheekbones, top of the nose and on the cupid’s bow.
- Makeup Revolution Luxury Banana Powder (really nice lightweight non-cakey loose powder)
- Milani Baked Blush – Dolce Pink (warm pink with very fine gold shimmer, LOVE this!)
- Makeup Revolution Pro Illuminate Setting Spray (only used it twice so far, need to use it a bit more before I can review it)
Products used for the LIPS :
- Lakme Absolute Luxe Matte Argan Lipstick – Mauveness (mauve-plum-rosey kind of color, I am obsessed with it, cannot get enough of it.
RecommendHighly recommend this everyone, especially for medium/wheatish/dusky skin)
- NYX Lip Lingerie – Cabaret Show (dusty nude-y rose color, needed to make the above less pink and more neutral so added this on top, the formula is non-drying, very long lasting and has a lovely soft matte finish).
My kurta is from BIBA, earrings – can’t remember where I got them from 🙁 My lenses are Aryan 2-tone Brown. Used to get them from lenskart.com but can’t find them there anymore sadly.
I hope you liked this look! Please let me know your comments below. I’ve been feeling uninspired about blogging these past few months so I would very much appreciate your comments and feedback below!
p.s – Since many of you have requested it, I will try and reshoot this video very soon before Navratri begins!