Summer is here and while it is an incredibly fun time of the year, its also taxing on our skin. The soaring temperatures and hot winds of this season can result in skin damage, making it rough and dull. It is important to take care of our skin throughout the season.
Here are 10 home remedies for glowing skin in summer.
- Water therapy – One of the most commonly spoken about remedies, but not as often followed, water therapy can be a highly effective procedure for getting a glowing skin this summer. Drinking plenty of water not only keeps your body hydrated, but also rids the body of toxins.
- Cucumber and yogurt face pack – This combination makes for a highly useful face pack for glowing skin in summer. Mix half a cucumber and one tablespoon yogurt in a blender and apply the paste on your face. Leave the paste on for 15 minutes and then rinse off with water.
- Rosewater – This is a simple but effective tip. Wash your face with rose water daily. The natural properties of rosewater make it act as a toner and make your skin glow.
- Milk and banana – Another popular combination for the summer is banana and milk. Applying a paste made of a mixture of banana and milk for around 15-20 minutes will give result in glowing and soft skin. To boost this effect, moisturize with an appropriate lotion like the Olay Total EffectsL ighweight Anti-Ageing Cream for soft, supple skin.
- Lemon juice and honey – Applying the combination of lemon juice and honey works like a charm to give you glowing skin in summer, thanks to the natural bleaching properties of both the ingredients. Always use lemon in combination with a soothing ingredient like honey, oats or curd otherwise it can be too acidic and harsh, especially on sensitive skin.
- Coconut water – Massaging your face daily in the summers with coconut water makes it smoother and gives it a natural glow.
- Milk massage – Another natural remedy for glowing skin in the summer can be a cold milk massage. It helps in removing dead skin and moisturizes the skin to give it a charming glow. Milk is best suited for people with dry skin. Ladies with oilier skin can opt for fresh curd instead.
- Papaya – Applying fresh papaya pulp on your skin helps exfoliate the skin and removes tanning.
- Cucumber and watermelon juice – A mixture of cucumber juice and watermelon juice has a soothing and gentle brightening effect on tanned summer skin.
Now that you know how to use ingredients from your kitchen to get glowing, soft skin during summer, also learn these essential summer skin care tips at Reward Me. You can check out more amazing beauty hacks and tips and many more lifestyle tricks at www.rewardme.in.
*Sponsored post with rewardme.in.