Hi everyone! Today I’ll be reviewing 2 products from the L’Occitane Immortelle skin care line. The brand shared the Cleansing Foam and the SPF20 Day Cream with me for review some months back. I’ve tried bath/body care products and fragrances from the brand but this is the first time I’m trying out their skincare. The Immortelle range is meant for ageing skin and contains extracts of the Immortelle flower which is supposed to have firming properties on the skin.
- The Cleansing Foam comes in a blue and yellow pump packaging. I like the transparent packaging, one can easily see how much product is left.
- The pump dispenses the perfect amount of airy foam when you apply pressure on the pump head. One pump is sufficient for the face and neck.
- The wash has a mild earthy scent and feels pleasant to use.
- It cleans the skin well, removes excess oil and light makeup residue.
- It leaves the skin fresh and moist, the face doesn’t feel dry or uncomfortable after use.
- Suitable for all skin types, especially good for dry skin.
- Formulated without sulphates, parabens and phthalates.
- Priced at Rs 1890 for 150 ml. Available online at L’Occitane India.
Ingredients : Water, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Decyl Glucoside, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Juice, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Carum Petroselinum Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract,Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Levulinic Acid, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, Sodium Levulinate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Hexyl Cinnamal.
- The SPF 20 Day Cream has a rich, emollient texture and mild botanical fragrance.
- It comes in a blue heavy glass jar packaging which feels luxurious to use.
- This is a good day cream for ageing skin or dry skin in general. It has a number of emollients and oils which helps nourish the skin.
- Grapeseed Oil and Glycerin are listed quite high up in the ingredient list, which means they are present in a higher proportion as compared to ingredients listed lower down in the list. Glycerin hydrates by attracting water to the skin and the oils act as emollients.
- The cream gives a very nourished, soft and supple feeling to the skin.
- SPF 20 broad spectrum protection gives ample protection for regular day-to-day wear. If you have extended periods of sun exposure, I’d recommend a higher protection sunscreen.
- The natural oils present in the formula – evening primrose oil, sunflower seed oil, grape seed oil, borage oil – help smooth and firm up the skin. Skin feels healthier, more radiant and supple within a week of use.
- Priced at Rs 4200 for 50 ml. Available online at L’Occitane India.
I’ve been using the combination of the face wash and day cream for a couple of weeks now and my skin looks really fresh, bright and hydrated after the cleansing and moisturising ritual. The cream doesn’t perform any miracles but it does help the skin achieve a more moisturised, healthy and supple state. I would recommend this line for people with ageing skin or dry skin.
Ingredients : Water, Glycerin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Dimethicone, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Helichrysum Italicum Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sucrose Palmitate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Glyceryl Linoleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Octyldodecanol, Chlorphenesin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Glycolate, Trisodium NTA, Sodium Benziate, Sodium Formate, Potassium Sorbate, Hexyl Cinnmal, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha-Methyl Ionone, Linalool, Limonene, CitralM.
Have you tried L’Occitane skin care?
Share your comments below!