Hi everyone! Today I’ll be reviewing the Clarins UV Plus Anti-Pollution SPF 50 Sunscreen which I’ve been using since last summer. This has become one of my favorite sunscreens over time, not only for its stellar UV protection, but for its luminous, glow-imparting formula as well. This comes in 3 variants – Translucent, Rosy Glow and Fairness.
- The small bottle packaging is simple and sturdy. The cap screws on tightly, making it safe for travel. The dispensing mechanism is pressure controlled, the product comes out only when the bottle is squeezed.
- The sunscreen is light weight, slightly runny in consistency and has a pleasant botanical scent.
- It is oil-free (contains silicones though), doesn’t leave a sticky feeling on the skin and spreads easily.
- It has a quick dry-down (as the alcohol in the formula evaporates) and it lasts through the day without getting greasy or melting off from my face.
- It’s not particularly matte or hydrating so should work for all skin types. I recommend using a moisturizer meant for your skin type under this.
- Rosy Glow contains a mild pinkish tint which brightens the skin and gives it a healthy, fresh glow. For no-makeup days, it is lovely as it improves the look of skin without having to add a layer of makeup.
- Fairness variant contains soft bluish tint which also brightens the skin but I prefer the look of Rosy glow. I think the Fairness variant is best suited for very pale skin.
- SPF 50 and PA+++ protection provides adequate cover from both UVB and UVA radiation.
- Active ingredients for UV protection are Titanium Dioxide, Ethyl Hexyl Methoxycinnamate.
- It also contains small amounts of anti–oxidants, mostly of plant origin – blackcurrant extract, cantaloupe melon extract, alpine sanicle extract, which help protect the skin from free radicals. Brownie points for the anti-ageing benefits!
- Downsides? Contains alcohol, high % of silicone, fragrance – which can be irritants on very sensitive skin.
- Priced at Rs 2750 for 50 ml. Available at Clarins counters in Shoppers Stop and Parcos stores.
Overall, a really good sunscreen that is light weight enough (though not matte) for Indian weather conditions, doesn’t make the skin greasy, provides adequate sun protection through the day, and further anti–oxidant and anti-ageing benefits. Recommended!! I personally love the Rosy Glow variant and can see myself repurchasing this.
Have you tried Clarins sunscreens? What’s your favorite sunscreen?
Share your comments below!