You’re probably thinking that oatmeal is a pretty random ingredient to use while making a face scrub. After all, isn’t this an ingredient that’s more at home in your kitchen than on your dressing table? Well, oatmeal has a ton of skin care benefits such as reducing dry skin and soothing itchy skin. Moreover, its grainy texture really helps when you use it as an exfoliator as you can then remove all dead skin and impurities easily. Instead of risking the chemical burn of branded exfoliators, try any of these DIY oatmeal scrubs that you can make at home. These scrubs when used with homemade peel off masks will result in clearer, dirt-free, glowing skin!
1. The plain Jane scrub
- One of the best things about an oatmeal scrub is that you don’t even have to add more ingredients to it. It’s the perfect lazy girl recipe!
- Mix some oatmeal with hot water and let it sit until it becomes soft.
- Rub the oats in a circular motion all over your face to exfoliate.
2. The oatmeal and milk scrub
- This oats scrub can be used to moisturize your skin slightly while you exfoliate.
- Just add some warm milk to the oats until they become soft.
- This should take 5-10 minutes. Rub it all over your face in a circular motion.
- If you don’t feel like using milk, you can always use a substitute in the form of a mild moisturizer like Olay Moisturizing Lotion.
3. The baking powder and oatmeal scrub
- Baking powder is, on its own, used as a natural exfoliator.
- Combining it with oatmeal creates a scrub that’s got a dynamic duo ready to fight all impurities in a jiffy.
- When creating the paste, mix the baking powder and oats in equal parts.
- Add some water to bind them together.
4. The cucumber paste and oatmeal scrub
- Cucumber paste is a great ingredient for skin that is easily irritated and requires soothing.
- Blend a cucumber in a blender and add it to the oats.
- Use the paste to soothe and exfoliate your skin.
5. The honey and oatmeal scrub
- Honey, when used in an oatmeal face scrub, not only exfoliates your skin but also lightens and moisturizes it at the same time.
- Add a few drops of lemon to the mixture as well in order to prevent and reduce acne.
Remember to first soak the oats in warm water in order to soften them. One of the best ways to use a scrub is to always moisten your face with warm water before you do so. This is because this will help open up your pores, which makes it easier to remove all the impurities. If you don’t want to use the oats on your face with your hands, you can always use cotton pads or buds in order to apply them.
Find more easy to follow skin care tips to be your best beautiful daily at www.rewardme.in.