Acne and pimples can pop up when you least expect it, leaving you feeling distressed. Getting rid of acne does not have to be strenuous, it just needs some care for your skin as well as your overall health. Here are a few simple dos and don’ts to get rid of acne.
Skin care DOs for clear acne free skin
– Wash your hair regularly: This will reduce the chances of oil from your hair transferring to you skin and affecting it. Regularly washing your hair can help in preventing breakouts. Keeping the scalp free from dandruff is also important for acne free skin.
– Switch to a gel based cleanser: Cream based cleansers can aggravate the issue of excess oiliness. Acne is aggravated by excess oil and cream based products so switching to a gel cleanser helps in clearing the skin and reducing breakouts.
– Choose oil-free or non-comedogenic cosmetic products. Anything that clogs pores can lead to acne so look for the non-comedogenic label when buying cosmetics.
Skin care DONTs to prevent acne breakouts
– Skin Picking: Avoiding picking at your skin as popping a pimple can cause the acne causing bacteria to spread over further over the skin.
– Skipping Sunscreen: Your acne can be aggravated if it is exposed to sun rays. Not only will this protect your skin from tanning but it will also help the acne to heal quicker.
– Over-washing your face: Using harsh cleansers and washing your face excessively can cause overproduction of oil as the skin tries to balance itself out. Excess oil basically means more food for acne causing bacteria. Use gentle gel cleansers to prevent over-drying of the skin.
Your lifestyle choices and habits reflect on your skin. Sometimes a few tweaks in your lifestyle can go a long way in getting rid of acne and giving you healthy skin. Here are a few ways to get rid of acne:
- Maintain Clean Skin: When dirt and dead skins clog your pores, it leads to an acne breakout. So, to avoid this, use mild exfoliating scrubs to clear out the dead skin. It is also important to invest in a gentle, effective cleanser which can clear out the dirt and cater to your skin care needs.
- Eat Healthy: The food you eat reflects on the health of your skin. Certain food can increase your blood sugar level, which results in an insulin boost. When there is too much insulin, it can create pore clogging cells and this can result in an acne breakout. To avoid this it is recommended to try food such as whole grains, green vegetables, lean proteins etc. Over indulgence in foods with lots of added sugar is certain to reflect poorly on the skin.
- Stay Hydrated: Water is a natural cleanser. It helps to keep you hydrated, while it also helps to flush out any toxins present in your body.
If you are more interested in quick fix ways to get rid of acne, there are specialized acne treatments, which will do the trick. You might be wondering what these treatments are and how it helps. The treatments involve understanding the root causes of your acne breakouts with the help of an expert dermatologist. Once the root is found, the dermatologist will then use customized treatments to deal with your particular type of acne. Some of these remedies will include the use of customized advanced peels. These peels have natural organic acetic acid combination which not only helps to treat your acne but also other concerns related to it.
Kaya Skin Clinic is known to provide these customized acne treatments with the use of advanced peels. Kaya also provides the Kaya Purepore Clear Skin treatment, which targets the causes of oil and acne prone skin. This treatment targets and tackles the bacteria which are within the pores of your skin. This is an effective skincare process through which your skin is purified from toxins, conditioned and moisturized.