How to get Radiant, Glowing Skin!

Everybody loves glowing, radiant skin and the key to achieving naturally beautiful skin is good lifestyle and skincare choices. I’ve shared some of my tips below along with some skincare that I’ve been using since the past few months to achieve even and healthy looking skin.

How to get Radiant, Glowing Skin!

How to get Radiant, Glowing Skin!

Diet & Exercise

Diet : Three words – Fluids, Fibre and Fats! My skin is at its best when I drink 2.5-3 liters of water daily and make sure to include a fair amount of fruit and salad servings in my daily intake. Water and fibre together help in flushing out toxins from the body which reflects on the skin. And lastly, healthy sources of fat like nuts, olive oil, sunflower oil and seeds and avocados provide essential fatty acids which are required by the skin to maintain a healthy skin barrier and glow.

Exercise : This one is a no-brainer and we all know that regular exercise is the key to a healthy body and that includes the skin as well! Exercise boosts circulation, leads to better delivery of nutrients around the body and I’m sure you’ve noticed the healthy flush your skin acquires after a good workout session! So start including a brisk walk or a quick jog in your daily routine to get naturally, glowing skin.

Olay White Radiance Skincare Range

Olay White Radiance Skincare Range

Skincare Routine

While diet takes care of the internal workings of the body and skin, skincare products help in taking care of the skin from the surface. The power of good skincare cannot be underestimated and I have seen first-hand the remarkable difference a good skincare routine can make! To maintain healthy, glowing skin, it’s important to include products that provide the right dose of moisture to the skin and work actively to reduce dark spots and dullness.

• Start with a cleanser that cleanses effectively and helps remove all traces of dirt and impurities from the skin. A mild exfoliation twice a week helps in getting rid of dead skin cells. It’s important to cleanse well because if your skin is clogged, any serum or moisturizer you apply would never reach the cells and your skin would appear dull and lifeless.
  • Include a serum in your routine that boosts the skin at a cellular level. While texture, consistency and aesthetics are important, its important to look at the ingredient list to make a smart decision about skincare. In serums, look for ingredients like Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), which is a potent cell-communicating ingredient that not only helps get rid of skin discoloration but also helps repair the skin barrier function (so that it doesn’t lose moisture easily) and boosts skin elasticity. Its truly one of the most powerful and useful ingredients and it should be listed in the first few ingredients on the label. The ingredients are generally listed in the order of the proportion they are present in so if certain ingredients are present at the bottom of the list, you know they are only present in trace amounts and may not be sufficient to give any significant results.

Olay White Radiance Skincare Range

Olay White Radiance Skincare Range

• The Olay White Radiance Serum lists Niacinamide as the second ingredient which means there is ample quantity of this ingredient to work its magic on the skin. And that explains why this serum works so well in improving uneven skin tone. In addition, it also contains several forms of Vitamin C (derived from Ascorbic Acid) which is known to be very effective against dark spots and pigmentation. This combination of ingredients boosts the metabolic rate of the skin and penetrates deep within the layers to give a radiant, glow to the skin.
  • Follow up the serum with a the right moisturizer for your skin. Look for ingredients like Glycerin, which is a humectant which means that it attracts moisture from the air around to your skin, helping it retain moisture – basic but very effective. Loss of moisture is the first step causing dullness so just by keeping your hydration levels balanced, you can help your skin achieve it’s natural glow. In the day time, opt for a moisturizer that offer UVA + UVB filters to protect the skin from further UV induced spots and damage. Since I really liked the White Radiance Serum, I gave the Brightening Lotion Moisturizer from the same range a try and it worked quite well. The fluid texture feels light and absorbs well, providing much needed moisture to my dehydration-prone skin in a non-greasy lotion form. And while I love the texture and consistency, I always like to check the ingredient list and I was happy to see Glycerin, Ethyhexyl Salicylate (gives UV protection, used in sunscreens) and Niacinamide topping the list.

Olay White Radiance Brightening Intensive Serum

Olay White Radiance Brightening Intensive Serum

• It’s a good idea to separate moisturizers for the day and night time as the needs of our skin are very different during the day and night. While lightweight fluid lotions with UV filters are the best pick for the day, we can indulge in more emollient creams at night time. The body does its recovery and regeneration at night time so it’s important to use a night treatment that is very nourishing and provides the skin with all that it needs to repair and regenerate.
  • To get the maximum benefit from the White Radiance range, I’ve been using the Brightening Night Essence Moisturizer that works in synergy with the Serum to help the skin rejuvenate overnight. The cream has a luxurious, rich consistency which feels very nourishing but not too oily and in addition to Glycerin and Niacinamide, it also contains natural leaf and flower extracts that provide anti-oxidant benefits.
  • So by following a simple routine of cleansing, moisturizing and protecting the skin, you can achieve a lovely, radiant glow. The most important thing though is consistency so make sure you follow the routine religiously twice a day for lasting results.

Olay White Radiance Day and Night moisturizers

Olay White Radiance Day and Night moisturizers

I hope you found this post helpful!

Share your routine for healthy, radiant skin below!

*Sponsored Post.

1. July 22, 2016 / 4:33 pm

Hi Ankita, few months back I could spot few acne/pimples on your face. But I have seen that recently your face is completely cleared up. I am sure the above mentioned steps arnt the only ones you followed. Would you mind mentioning if you took any treatment for this? I am in my late 20’s and currently battling with occasional acne.

• Ankita Srivastava
      August 6, 2016 / 12:39 am

Hi Sushma, didn’t take any treatment. Just regular skincare and plenty of water. For the active acne, I used the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo and Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion from The Body Shop which helped in drying up the spots. And then the serum and day lotion from the Olay range mentioned above helped get rid of the marks and add a glow.

• August 6, 2016 / 3:45 pm

Thank you! I have ordered La Roche Poshay combo based on your review and also the positive reviews generated globally for this product. Hope this really works for me.

2. July 22, 2016 / 5:02 pm

i will try to follow the points you mentioned..although i dont do a lot of exercise or walk but i think i have to include it in my routine.

3. ritika
    July 22, 2016 / 5:43 pm

Hi, Does these Secrum and Moisturizer work on oily skin too??

4. July 22, 2016 / 5:46 pm

Diet n exercising is so important..I never looked for ingredients before..but now I certainly will…very informative post… 🙂 🙂

5. July 22, 2016 / 6:10 pm

Great pointers, Ankita! I feel like anyone could take the advice given here and use it to tailor their own unique skin care regimen. 🙂

6. Nishi
    July 22, 2016 / 11:06 pm

Hie ankita I’m in my late 20’s my skin is dryrecntly I have started using lotus white glow night cream nd aroma magic eye cream and in the day time lotus alphamoist moisturizer with lotus matte spf40 sunscreen.please give me suggestion on my routine nd other products which I can include.

• Ankita Srivastava
      August 6, 2016 / 12:53 am

Hi Nishi, do you have specific skin concerns?

7. Nishi
    July 22, 2016 / 11:06 pm

Hie ankita I’m in my late 20’s my skin is dry recntly I have started using lotus white glow night cream nd aroma magic eye cream and in the day time lotus alphamoist moisturizer with lotus matte spf40 sunscreen.please give me suggestion on my routine nd other products which I can include.

July 23, 2016 / 10:40 am

Great.. skin is the image of our personality.. I really liked that how you take care of your skin..

July 23, 2016 / 10:42 am

Right food, right workout clears out the toxins from skin.

10. July 23, 2016 / 4:57 pm

Nice set of tips. Diet plays a very important role for getting glowing skin. Apart from that, we can also try homemade face packs.

11. Chitra B
    July 24, 2016 / 6:48 pm

Hi,

I saw an ad for some scammy skin lightening solution at the end of this page! Seems like id theft to me. Thought you should know. I have a screensht but not sure how to send it to you.

• Ankita Srivastava
      August 6, 2016 / 12:37 am

Hi Chitra, I’ve reported the ad. Hope its taken down soon.

12. July 26, 2016 / 3:20 am

Informative post! Olay white radiance day and night moisturizers were once an impeccable part of my skincare routine.

13. July 26, 2016 / 8:49 am

These are great tips Ankita. For me water, green vegetables and fruits along with proper cleansing of clogged pores do more work than any other chemical cosmetics. But surely a good serum and face cream give an extra boost to the skin.

14. July 26, 2016 / 11:28 am

Great tips Ankita! I can’t agree more on diet and exercise. These two are the key steps one and all should take towards a healthy, glowing and radiant skin.
    And for skincare, Olay has always been a part of my skincare regime too!
    Informative post <3

15. July 26, 2016 / 3:57 pm

Oh, I didn’t know that we have to use different day and night moisturizers. I’ve been using Nivea twice a day. Well, I guess I should keep it during night time and buy a different one for daytime. This is really helpful, Kudos to you, Ankita!

16. July 26, 2016 / 4:49 pm

U look so pretty… Ur skin glows

17. Gunjan
    August 3, 2016 / 6:24 pm

Great Tips Ankita. Loved your makeup & that rosy glow on cheeks. Would love to see a video for this look.

18. October 1, 2016 / 4:19 pm

hey would u lik to guide me what is good between the body shop oil of life or olay or Aviance … m lil bit confused m new to skin care m age 28.. my skin type is like yours oily to comb skin.. please guide me

• Ankita Srivastava
      October 5, 2016 / 7:50 pm

Hi, do you have any particular skin concerns like dullness, pigmentation, acne or lines etc.?

19. Neetu
    October 23, 2016 / 7:39 pm

Hi Ankita, I have badly pigmented skin and uneven tone on the face. Its looks dull and dark. Got a bit of acne of my cheek as well. I’m 23 years old. My skin is normal type. Please guide me. 🙂

20. Moumita Mukherjee
    December 26, 2016 / 1:25 pm

Hi Ankita, I’ve started following you few months ago & I really like your vlogs & blogs. I like everything about you actually. I need some suggestions from you. I have some serious skin issues. I have a very very dry skin, dark circles & dark patches around the mouth.I am 29 yrs old a new mom. Please help me to get rid of these problems. Thank you.

• Ankita Srivastava
      January 8, 2017 / 10:48 am

Hi, I’d recommend using a combination of a brightening serum (to target the pigmentation) and a good quality facial oil (to combat the dryness). Brands like Kiehls and Clarins have excellent skincare that can address both your concerns. On a slightly more affordable side of things, The Body Shop skincare is very good too. If you can let me know your budget and the brands that you are willing to buy, I can help suggest specific products.

21. Akanksha
    October 29, 2017 / 12:38 pm

I live in a humid weather and my skin gets easily tanned,i basically have a fair complexion.What creams should i use to keep my skin healthy and glowing?And what should i do to get rid of large pore on skin?

22. Akanksha
    October 29, 2017 / 12:39 pm

I also want to know about detanning home remedies i can use to detan my skin