1. Protection from the sun : Sun rays can damage your hair as UV rays make your tresses brittle. Avoid stepping out in the sun during the peak hours. Whenever you go out, make sure that your hair is protected with a scarf or a headgear.
2. A massage a day to keep the hair fall away : Now this is a tip to borrow from your grandmother! Regular oil massage keeps your hair healthy. It increases blood circulation and prevents hair loss. Massage your hair regularly for a few minutes with different hair oils like coconut oil, almond oil or olive oil for shiny and strong hair.
3. Nutrition check : Your hair is what you eat goes the saying. Deficiency of nutrients like Vitamin E and B can lead to hair fall. Make sure you include plenty of protein rich foods in your diet.
4. Avoid tight ponytails : Tight ponytails look smart but stress out your hair and scalp! Try to loosen up your ponytail to ease the tension on your hair. Avoid plastic bands and switch to fabric bands for regular use. Keep your hair braided to reduce the hair fall.
5. Trim your hair every few weeks to get rid of split-ends. Split-ends prevent the growth of your hair and can make your hair look dull.
These tips are an essential part of your hair fall treatment that can be done at home easily. But, certain home remedies are also constructive for prevention of hair fall.
Here are a few remedies to strengthen your hair :
1. Gooseberries and lemon juice : Gooseberries known as Amla play an important role in controlling hair fall. Loaded with Vitamin C and antioxidants, they help in repairing of hair. Make a paste of gooseberries with a few drops of lemon and apply it to your hair weekly.
2. Coconut milk : Coconut contains minerals and proteins which are good for hair. Coconut milk can be an excellent conditioner for dull hair. Apply coconut milk on your scalp and leave it on for a night. Wash off with cold water in the morning.
3. Flax seeds : Popularly known as alasi, flax seeds are a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids which are essentials for strong and healthy hair. These fatty acids are not produced by the body and need to be consumed/applies externally for healthy skin and hair. Apply flax seed powder to your hair to strengthen hair and prevent breakage.
4. Green Tea: Green tea stimulates hair follicles and increases the hair growth. Massage green tea water over your scalp for a few minutes for hair fall control.
I hope you found these tips and remedies helpful! Find more useful hair care tips at www.rewardme.in.