Wella Hair Color Experience with Jean-Claude Biguine Salon & Spa

A couple of days back, I got my hair done at Jean-Claude Biguine Salon & Spa at Lokhandwala, Andheri. I had been considering getting my hair colored and the invitation from JCB came just at the right time! I’ve been coloring my hair for a while now (using boxed colors) since I have premature greying but I’ve never tried a balayage or ombre and that was the look I wanted to try this time. This is how the look turned out –

Wella Hair Color Experience with Jean-Claude Biguine Salon & Spa

Wella Hair Color Experience with Jean-Claude Biguine Salon & Spa

JCB Salon & Spa has recently introduced Wella products in their salons and Juhi, the stylist, used the Wella Kolestom Perfect colors for my look. She used a combination of 3 colors to achieve the Balayage I had requested. I had shown her a couple of reference pictures on my phone before we started. I wanted a light honeyed ash color at the ends that would slowly blend into a natural dark brown.

For the ends, Juhi used the shades 9/37 and 7/37 to achieve the gradient. And for the roots, she mixed the shades 66/0 and 55/0 in the ratio 3:1, mixed with 6% developer. The whole process took about 5 hours since I had colored hair and the stylist said the colors needed more time to develop because of that. The staff at JCB is really nice and they make sure you have plenty to drink and eat while you wait for your service 🙂

Wella Hair Color Experience with Jean-Claude Biguine Salon & Spa

Wella Hair Color Experience with Jean-Claude Biguine Salon & Spa

Coming to the end result, I have mixed feelings about how the color turned out. Its different from what I’ve had before so I like the change. And it looks nice enough when I curl my hair. What I did not like was the orangey tones that the color developed. I had hoped for more of a caramel, honeyed ash tone and this is much too warm for my liking. It looks like I’ve overdosed on mehendi and I don’t like that look. The stylist said that is was because of my previous color which was a strong coppery brown. Also, since its permanent color, my hair feels a lot drier and rougher than it used to. Since my ends are straightened, the combination of rebonding + permanent color is finally taking a toll I guess.

Overall, I am not absolutely in love with my hair at the moment but I do like the change. And the color definitely looks a lot nicer on curler hair as opposed to straight hair. I’ve been getting a lot of nice comments from people on Instagram and Youtube, asking for details about my hair color so I guess its so bad after all!

Hope you found this post helpful!

Let me know your hair color experiences in the comments below!

1. rituvinrao
    October 24, 2015 / 1:55 am

Ankita this looks v nice from front.but from back they have overdone mehandi orangy color. It whould have been nicer if they could make it a little less of those colors.but change is defnitely nice comapre to always one straight black hairs. Thank you.

2. S
    October 24, 2015 / 2:19 am

Hey…hi…I liked ur new look…it's cool… in my case result came out differently than my thoughts….but your change is good…only u have to conciuosly use higher ends products(which u obviously do ☺️) which are good for dry and treated hair….after some time u will get used to your look…and they will become more manageable….by the way…different types of plaited hairstyles looks awesome in these type of colored hairs….👍🏻👍🏻

3. Deepthi
    October 24, 2015 / 2:35 am

Hi Ankita,

Firstly I got a lot of makeup tricks from you, so thanks a ton on your awesome videos. This hair color looks great on you, you may consider using a hair serum since that will help your hair gain back some moisture. You look great girl!!

4. ash
    October 24, 2015 / 2:57 am

Hi Ankita! thanks for sharing ur experience.

5. Anamika Sarkar
    October 24, 2015 / 5:08 am

How much did you have to spend on it?
    I am planning to do the same so I would love to know in details about the service..

6. October 24, 2015 / 8:36 am

i agree with you from front it looks great but from back they do like heena job gone bad…but girl u can rock anything…

7. October 24, 2015 / 9:25 am

It looks great on your curled hair but I agree on that orange-y part. However, I am pretty sure you’ll rock it at it’S best! 🙂 xx

8. Indu
    October 24, 2015 / 9:30 am

Hello Ankita….the hair color looks so good…..its not that bad 😊😊 in the front it looks so good..I think they have overdone at the back….but it suits you anyways…☺

9. October 24, 2015 / 11:29 am

The colour looks fiery and good!! Rock it till you like and then change it, thankfully it is not permanent!

10. October 24, 2015 / 1:11 pm

O my god…ankita please dont be in any doubt..this color looks super glamorous on you..just love your hair

11. sonia
    October 24, 2015 / 1:42 pm

hye ankita,

i’ve had similar experiences with the colour turning orange especially after a few washes. our indian hair naturally has red pigments in them and these get enhanced when we colour out hair.i suggest using a violet or purple toned shampoo and conditioner every second wash. it helps remove the brassiness as purple is on the opposite side of the colour wheel. i use ‘fudge’, but ‘joico’ is pretty good too. as is, john freida. hope this helps xx

12. October 24, 2015 / 1:53 pm

To be honest, I really love how they styled your hair but it’s not the best color job sadly. When I saw the back picture, I felt it was not done at such a big salon!!!! I have no experience with colors so I don’t know what would look good. either way a change is nice.

13. October 24, 2015 / 2:15 pm

I like how it looks at the front. Plus the curls looks nice on you. The back looks a bit more and might get rough soon. But you will rock it as usual 🙂

14. Ishita Ray
    October 24, 2015 / 2:21 pm

Hi, Ankita. I feel the color looking fantastic. I have a query… A few days before you rebonded your hair then coloring. Isn’t it too much for your hair? Do you experience hairfall? I have been thinking of coloring my hair since ages but chicken out at the end. 🙁

15. October 24, 2015 / 3:09 pm

I love how it look from the front….You look very pretty as always!!! But honestly, didn’t like it the way they did on the back of your hair…They could have done a better job….

16. Sana
    October 24, 2015 / 6:18 pm

It’s always nice to experiment! This look however has added a few years on your face. I guess its the mehendi look-alike colour.

17. Nandha
    October 24, 2015 / 6:29 pm

It looks fab with those voluminous curls Ankita: )

18. October 24, 2015 / 6:44 pm

This is absolutely gorgeous! The experiment definitely paid off, it’s a very professional look!

19. October 24, 2015 / 8:39 pm

Soft curls suit you a lot! But I guess, the shade will not suit on straight hair that much 😐

20. October 25, 2015 / 12:31 am

you look like a million bucks Ankita, day be day more and more gorgeous. this color suits you like meant for you 🙂

21. October 25, 2015 / 9:48 am

I will never be able to pull out this look… You look glam 🙂 I like dark chocolate subtle highlights… May be one day I will get it done 😀

22. October 25, 2015 / 9:24 pm

The color looks so good with the gold jewelry and the red lip! Very red carpet glam!

23. October 26, 2015 / 1:12 am

Curls look the best on you…..:) 🙂

24. October 26, 2015 / 12:53 pm

I’m totally loving your hair… please do a video on your hair care routine t 🙂

25. October 26, 2015 / 1:04 pm

Its looking really nice on you. I got my hair coloured but it has spoilt the texture if my hair. Its become so rough and dry now.

October 26, 2015 / 3:46 pm

messy girls suits you perfectly.. even ur natural wavy hairs used to look so good on you..

October 26, 2015 / 3:47 pm

hair color is giving you glamorous look..

28. October 26, 2015 / 4:20 pm

It’s looking great babe! Don’t worry too much, if you’re tired of the colour you can always change it. xx

29. October 26, 2015 / 6:21 pm

wow you look like you are enjoying autumn to the fullest.. with the berry lips and that hair… Perfect!