My Khoobsurat Moment : Reader Love!

The best thing about blogging is the constant feedback and interaction with your readers. Its like having a little internet family! I really enjoy doing different kind of makeup looks and when a particular look is loved by the readers, it makes me really happy! Recently I did a sultry, slightly Gothic look using plum and burgundy tones and I received so many great comments from everyone!

Vampy Burgundy Makeup - Smoky Eyes with Dark Lips

Vampy Burgundy Makeup – Smoky Eyes with Dark Lips

For my look, I created a smoky eye using a plummy burgundy pigment and paired it with a dark rich burgundy matte lip. I wore green lenses for the look which looked great against the contrasting plum tones. What really tied the look together was my hair! I colored my hair using the L’Oreal Paris Casting Creme Gloss in Plum few weeks back and after a couple of washes, the color has really begun to show! I love the dark brown color with a subtle plum tone – I think it really flatters my complexion and it went really well with my sultry look. It brought out the green in my eyes and coordinated beautifully with my eye shadow and lipstick adding a nice harmony to the whole look! My hair was not styled – just brushed with a hair brush but they still looked rich and glossy with a natural looking shine. I love how the Casting Creme Gloss hair color adds a soft glimmer and shine to the hair!

Read all about my hair coloring experience + step wise tutorial on how to color hair at home HERE. You can also check out Get The Look for all the latest trends in hairstyles and color.

Vampy Burgundy Makeup - Smoky Eyes with Dark Lips

Vampy Burgundy Makeup – Smoky Eyes with Dark Lips

Vampy Burgundy Makeup - Smoky Eyes with Dark Lips

Vampy Burgundy Makeup – Smoky Eyes with Dark Lips

Vampy Burgundy Makeup - Smoky Eyes with Dark Lips

Vampy Burgundy Makeup – Smoky Eyes with Dark Lips

This Sultry Plum and Burgundy Look brought me so much reader love! I got loads of comments on the blog post, Likes and comments on Facebook and some readers even said that this is the best look I’ve ever done! I experience a Khoobsurat Moment every time I read through the comments!

[note color=”#FFE4C4″]Do share your Khoobsurat Moment experiences in the comments below! [/note]

This post is written as part of the Say Yes to Color Campaign sponsored by L’Oreal Paris India.

September 18, 2014 / 7:51 am

Hi good morning ankita… I really love to read ur articles .. Well the look u created vampy burgundy makeup is amazing … I really like unique looks…

Even the yesterdays look navy blue eyes with nude pink lips is also favorite…

2. September 18, 2014 / 8:02 am

BEAUTIFUL! A khoobsurat girls khoobsurat moment..hehe

3. apeksha
    September 18, 2014 / 8:43 am

One of my favorite looks of yours! You look divine!

4. aliyajamshed7
    September 18, 2014 / 8:45 am

Yeah..your hairs make the look complete..loved it

5. September 18, 2014 / 9:14 am

I am loving the plum look…..will try and recreate it and let you know how it turned out 😀

6. September 18, 2014 / 10:10 am

And I was one of the people who fell in love with that vampy makeup look! Keep it up!

7. Gagan
    September 18, 2014 / 10:44 am

You deserve all the compliments Ankita. You do work hard and diligently to create wearable, gorgeous looks and you have a natural flair with your makeup brushes. Not many beauty bloggers are so creative and smart.

This one is truly a look that stands out amongst others. I have to say that I learnt a LOT of makeup application from your tutorials! Good luck for everything!
    How about having a parallel blog which shows how to use SAFE( non-drugstore brands) organic, mineral makeup! I am quite positive that it is an unexplored field and a much needed one. The drugstore brands are harmful in the long run, and with daily application, one can easily put on YEARS on their face and damage their skin. I have seen girls in 20s having the skin of 30’s and it is quite sad! Regularly using drug store lipsticks seem to also darken the lips!

8. ruchi.gupta.718
    September 18, 2014 / 10:47 am

The more i see it the more i like it .
    Please share the lenses worn by you in this look and where can i get it in India . Also please do video for this look

• September 18, 2014 / 11:07 am

Hi Ruchi, the lenses are 3 tone green lenses from Aryan. Available at Gangar Eye nation.

9. Koli
    September 18, 2014 / 12:19 pm

Really its one of ur best look…and we are thankful that u think of us like ur family…. 🙂

10. September 18, 2014 / 12:19 pm

this had to be favourite of many readers..you looks so beautiful here..perfect lip and eye combo i believe :*

11. Koli
    September 18, 2014 / 12:26 pm

By the way, what is your original eye color??

12. Ruchi Kukreja
    September 18, 2014 / 2:17 pm

Oh !!! I stay at delhi and they dont have any branch here :((
    waise have you tried Marks and spencer foundation.
    Will love to have your take on them.Please do if possible

13. September 18, 2014 / 4:12 pm

This is so far the most glamorous look I have seen created by you. So beautiful!

14. September 18, 2014 / 4:13 pm

Hei Ankita its really great to know that you love reading our comments and we much we love to read your posts and comments. And this look of yours..Even though its Vampish but it is something that no one can ignore 🙂

15. Blush
    September 18, 2014 / 4:26 pm

Your neck piece is beautiful and suits with this mesmerizing look.

16. Mehek
    September 18, 2014 / 5:09 pm

you look gorgeous ankita…

17. farhat.sultana.35
    September 18, 2014 / 6:10 pm

Hey ankita ur khoobsurat. ..no doubt in that.

18. Arpita
    September 20, 2014 / 12:53 am

Looking very pretty.. Superb look ankita

19. September 24, 2014 / 4:18 pm

Truly your best look to date.

20. Samata
    October 1, 2014 / 12:29 am

Hey Ankita,
    Could you id the brand and shade of the lipstick you are wearing? It is so plush and gorgeous on you. Been looking for this shade of burgundy/plum since quite some time.
    Keep up the good work and wishing you a HAPPY married life!

21. Ashena
    January 6, 2017 / 11:55 pm

Hii.. I’ve just recently started reading ur reviews and I must say it’s simple and presented well.. I live the shade of lipstick I have used in this vampy burgundy look. Could u specify the lipstick and shade pls?
    Also could u do a comparison on L’oreal Casting Cremé gloss shades iced chocolate and Sonam’s dark chocolate hair colors. I’d really appreciate it.

• Ankita Srivastava
      January 7, 2017 / 7:53 pm

Hi, I’m wearing NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in shade Copenhagen here.