Fun Saturdays Vol.64 : 5 Random Things

Fun Saturdays

Fun Saturdays

1. What are up to this weekend?

I read a book last night (after a long time) and it was really good. The novel is called Marching to Zion, its a tragic love story of a Black man and a white Jewish woman set in the early 1900s in America. The story spans the lives of the many characters across a few years, through some troubling times of riots, depression, floods and its very well written (I finished it in one sitting!). Recommended!

2. A beauty brand you would like to try next?

Makeup Geek!! I have heard so much about their products and been thinking of trying it since ages! Must place an order soon. Have any of you tried their products? I am eyeing the eye shadows and pigments, any recommendations?

3. If you had to give up one color for life, which one would you give up?

We are talking strictly clothes here. Even so, it is difficult to choose! I think I would go with green. Its the color I wear the least and I only like a certain tone of green. I almost said brown but then I wouldn’t want to give up tan, beige and the whole family of neutrals!

4. What is your first thought when you wake up?

My first thought when I wake up is what time is it?!

5. What is the meaning of your name?

Ankita is derived from Ankit which means marked or engraved. There are different ways to interpret names. I remember my mother giving me a very nice explanation of my name when I was younger – someone who leaves a imprint of her personality on everyone she meets!

[note color=”#FFEACA”] I tag all of you to answer the questions in this post :

1. What are up to this weekend?

2. A beauty brand you would like to try next?

3. If you had to give up one color for life, which one would you give up?

4. What is your first thought when you wake up?

5. What is the meaning of your name?

You need not answer all 5, answer as many as you like! I look forward to reading your replies.

Have a great weekend everyone! 🙂 [/note]

1. September 13, 2014 / 4:03 pm

1. I will probably sleep
    2.YSL
    3. Deep Purple
    4. Of course “time”
    5. Surbhi means ‘fragrance’

September 13, 2014 / 4:52 pm

I really enjoy answering these fun Saturday questions…
    1. This weekend today i hv just came back from work taken lunch & nw taking sleep for an hour… & tomorrow m planning to go to my frnd to try a new home made soap brand Gaia Aroomas recently they hv launched & products are available at eBay.in.. I ll buy the range from her directly…

2.I prefer what u highly recommend in the I hv made a mistake … For me guerlain or chanel or may b iraya.. Currently checking out Kama Ayurveda..

3.Red may be, this is color rarely wear
    4. 1st thing in my mind ,, nt again I hv to go for work .. I wish there would be 2 Sundays in a week

5. Well as my name is jyoti … Jyoti is the light of lamp.. M very bad in explaining anything …

September 13, 2014 / 4:53 pm

Well u hv a perfect name ur name has imprinted ur personality on ur followers…

4. aliyajamshed7
    September 13, 2014 / 5:07 pm

1.Go for shopping 2.NYX n Sleek 3.i would give up caramel muddy sort of colors because I thnk they make me dull 4.same as u "time" 5.it means one on the top,
    thanx Ankita interesting questions

5. September 13, 2014 / 5:12 pm

1. Well I will be travelling to Agra tomorrow.
    2. NARS
    3. Blue for me
    4. Another day, another start
    5. ANUPAMA means uncomparable or beyond comparison with someone else 🙂

Ankita loved reading your answers as always 🙂

6. Yoshita Kapoor
    September 13, 2014 / 6:09 pm

Hi Ankita ! 🙂 🙂 It’s long since I wanted to write to you………..Just didn’t find the time….Or say i’m very lazy actually.:) 😉 So i’m starting today……:D I hope i’ll continue to write to you & would love interacting with you.I’ve been following your blog since long & yes to mention,I absolutely love your blog & you are too very pretty…………….:) 🙂 Ok so,the answers…………..:)

1. I’m reading “The Krishna Key” by “Ashwin Sanghi” & it’s really very amazing…….And yes,i’m pre-booking two books online this weekend……..”Half-Girlfriend” by “Chetan Bhagat” & “Sachin Tendulkar’s Autobiography.”

2.NARS

3.Me too green………….It looks good only on plants.:) 😀 but not Mint………….I can never give on the teal & mint shades………….

4.Has everybody else woken up…..?? 😀 😀

5.Yoshita is a Sanskrit word which means “A lady” according to one dictionary & “A beautiful women” according to the other. 😀
    Never mind………Whatever it means…….I love my name & I love myself too..:) 🙂

Oh & yes……loads of love to you too as well..Tc…..bye.Keep up with your amazing work.God Bless……………..:) :*

7. September 13, 2014 / 7:01 pm

1. What are up to this weekend?
    lazy weekend at home!
    2. A beauty brand you would like to try next?
    guerlain
    3. If you had to give up one color for life, which one would you give up?
    um…not so fond of lemon yellow
    4. What is your first thought when you wake up?
    i got late yet again!!!
    5. What is the meaning of your name?
    hahah….a little secret it is!

8. Ami
    September 13, 2014 / 9:14 pm

1. Organizing and gardening
    2. Tarte
    3. Yellow
    4. I look at what time it is when i wake up
    5. Friend

9. Piu
    September 14, 2014 / 9:08 am

1. What are up to this weekend? Complete reading the book “girl with the dragon tattoo”

2. A beauty brand you would like to try next? Benefit and Urban Decay

3. If you had to give up one color for life, which one would you give up? Green

4. What is your first thought when you wake up?
    Drink amla juice with warm water and run to gym

5. What is the meaning of your name? Sweet voice of nightingale

10. Gargi
    September 14, 2014 / 9:45 am

1. What are up to this weekend?
    Study Plans 😛

2. A beauty brand you would like to try next?
    I want to try Benefit!

3. If you had to give up one color for life, which one would you give up?
    That’s be yellow! I NEVER wear yellow, be it on my nails, clothes or shoes. Though I use the secondary colors derived from Yellow and I wouldn’t give up on them 😛

4. What is your first thought when you wake up?
    What time and what day it is 😀

5. What is the meaning of your name?
    Gargi was an ancient woman philospher. So it means ‘a learned woman’ because it is named on her. (Though I don’t know why she was named Gargi 😛 )

11. September 14, 2014 / 10:29 am

1. What are up to this weekend?
    I’m travelling to Bangalore for work!

2. A beauty brand you would like to try next?
    Bobbi Brown

3. If you had to give up one color for life, which one would you give up?
    Pink

4. What is your first thought when you wake up?
    “What is the time?”

5. What is the meaning of your name?
    My name is Rima. It means Goddess Durga or the gazelle (an animal like a deer) – take your pick! I personally lean towards both depending on my mood! (These meanings are unsubstantiated. I found them online. My mother named me so because she had always loved the sound of those four letters together!)

12. Madhur
    September 14, 2014 / 2:06 pm

1. What are up to this weekend?
    I am thinking about buying a new phone and researching about mobiles. 🙂 Lol it’s a geek trait in me. If I want to buy something then I do a thorough research over it.

2. A beauty brand you would like to try next?
    I want to try Rimmel London’s product. I was going through blogs and saw they have beautiful coloured kohls in budget. I want to give them a try. Have you used them?

3. If you had to give up one color for life, which one would you give up?
    I guess white. I hardly own or wear anything in white.

4. What is your first thought when you wake up?
    I want to sleep more. How can it be morning already?

5. What is the meaning of your name?
    My name means ‘Sweet ‘. I did google search over my name and it shows that my name also means ‘Gentle ‘.

13. medha
    September 14, 2014 / 3:41 pm

1. What are up to this weekend?
    2. A beauty brand you would like to try next?
    3. If you had to give up one color for life, which one would you give up?
    4. What is your first thought when you wake up?
    5. What is the meaning of your name?

1. i am reading love in the time of cholera, and i hope to finish it by tonight.
    2. definitely ysl!
    3. i would say green too, though i love the colour, but it doesn’t love me if you know what i mean!
    4.” after i brush my teeth i could i go back to bed again?!”
    5. my name is medhasree, and it’s an amalgamation of two words “medha” meaning intellect and “shree” meaning beauty 😀

14. Vidhi
    September 14, 2014 / 8:04 pm

1. I absolutely didn't do anything at all. 😀
    2. YSL!
    3. This is very difficult. I love all the colors!
    4. "I don't want to wake up!"
    5. My name is Vidhipssa which is a Sanskrit word, meaning God's desire. ( Brahma ki ichcha) 😀

15. September 15, 2014 / 11:54 am

1.What are up to this weekend?- Relaxing and busy with chores
    2. A beauty brand you would like to try next?- MAC
    3. If you had to give up one color for life, which one would you give up?- Peach (strictly for clothes), they dont suit me
    4. What is your first thought when you wake up?- was mentally reviewing my To-do list.
    5. What is the meaning of your name?- Clouds saturated with water…about to pour- Megha. As per my parents, i rained their life with luck and prosperity 🙂

16. September 15, 2014 / 3:44 pm

Ankita, if you really wish to try makeup geek cosmetics, you musn’t miss their liquid gold pigment..Its the craziest pigmented pigment ever..I am totally in love with that..and maybe Utopia as well…That too is amazing 🙂

17. CravingCoralsNPrettyPinks
    September 16, 2014 / 12:57 am

So its way past Saturday but still… I love answering to this post… its such fun!!

1. What are up to this weekend?
    Most lazying around… Was actually a bit sick… so no Puja shopping for me 🙁

2. A beauty brand you would like to try next?
    Nyx… especially their eye shadows and blushes

3. If you had to give up one color for life, which one would you give up?
    Purple… coz it seems soo boring at times to me… I am mostly about pinks, corals, oranges, even yellow, red and white… I would have said black coz I hardly wear black nowadays but then its a classic and one can never give up on a classic 😉

4. What is your first thought when you wake up?
    on Weekdays – Shoot, Am late!! 🙁
    on Weekends – Don’t wanna wake up yet… 😀

18. Priyanka Rao
    September 17, 2014 / 1:16 am

1) study
    2) NYX… i haven laid my hands on it yet
    3) Lilacs
    4) Is it really time 2 wake up? *duh* *sob*
    5) Priyanka- u get the meaning when u split it up as priya + ankh…my granny says ‘priy’ refers to a peacock n ‘ankh’ means eyes…so summing it up, it means a gal whose eye resembles a peacock’s 😛

19. Shrutika
    September 18, 2014 / 8:51 pm

1.study because im having my exams !!
    2. Benefit , without a doubt !! 🙂
    3.Yellow !!
    4.No i don’t wanna go to school again !!! arghh
    5. Shrutika , i recently found out multiple meanings for my names , first it means a person whose talks fascinate you and other one is goddess shaarda’s incarnation . My mom used to say My name means Famous when i was younger 😀