Fresh Makeup Look for College/Work

Hope you are having a good weekend! Today is Day 13 of the September Daily Look Challenge and today was the first day I didn’t feel like doing makeup in this challenge. But I went ahead anyway and did a soft fresh look that would be great for work or college. I’d asked everyone for ideas for this challenge and many of you requested looks for college/work. Hope you like this one!

Fresh Makeup Look for College, Work

I only used concealer for this look but you can also use a BB or CC cream to get some light coverage. I prefer using a concealer to target pigmented areas (under eyes, around the nose, mouth and jawline) and setting it with powder for a clean, low maintenance look. For the cheeks and lips, I chose a fresh peachy pink shade that would brighten up the face and give a natural, youthful glow.

And for the eyes, I defined them well with eye pencils with a little pop of turquoise on the waterline to add a fun element to the look. Finished the look by curling the lashes and applying mascara. I did not fuss around with eye shadow and other products – just kept the look simple and easy!

Products used for this look

1. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer : Honey (Buy online at Amazon)

2. MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder (I couldn’t locate my other powders. You can use Rimmel Stay Matte Powder or Maybelline Dream Matte Compact Powder)

3. Maybelline Colossal Kajal : Black and Turquoise

4. Revlon Matte Blush : Pink Souffle

5. Maybelline The Falsies Mascara (Buy online at Amazon)

6. Maybelline Lip Polish : Glam 13 (Buy Online at Amazon)

Fresh Makeup Look for College, Work

[note color=”#FFE4C4″]What do you think of this look? What is your go-to look for college or work? Share your comments below! [/note]

1. September 13, 2014 / 7:18 pm

YOu have mastered the art of clicking pics Ankita and not to forget the makeup is always fresh and Gd!
    Loved the cool look!

2. September 13, 2014 / 7:31 pm

I like this look of yours.. You look cute even with the specs ..so apt for college going girls..

3. September 13, 2014 / 7:39 pm

Heehee geek! Love it.

4. mukund.mar
    September 13, 2014 / 9:02 pm

Hii Ankita..long time reader, commenting first time though. I am loving all the looks of this challenge Great job! Love this look abd especially liked the colored eyeliner twist. Your cheecks are so glowly without the highlighter?! You are one beautiful girl!!

• September 13, 2014 / 9:11 pm

Thanks! I used the concealer all the way till the cheekbones, it has some subtle shimmer since its a brightening highlighter 🙂

5. September 13, 2014 / 9:33 pm

Loved the look.. Especially with the glasses on…

6. September 13, 2014 / 9:41 pm

omg..you look super cute in those glasses ankita 😀 loved it 😀

7. rashmi
    September 13, 2014 / 9:52 pm

Love your videos really helpful for indian skin tone…Just wondering how do you get dewy look on your face without highlighter ….

September 13, 2014 / 10:13 pm

I really liked this look.. Well its a perfect look which I can apply without any fear ( my bf doesn't like my doing makeup) this look is almost a no makeup look… U look so cute with specs…

September 13, 2014 / 10:15 pm

Sry but ur hairs r looking bit frizzy here.. Try the last month envy box Kama hair oil sample.. U ll love it …

• September 13, 2014 / 10:32 pm

I have quite frizzy hair. I tried the Kama Ayurveda sample, makes the hair soft but doesn't solve the frizz issue!

• Joo
        September 13, 2014 / 11:41 pm

you too hv same issues like me ,, even i also hv dry, frizzy & wavy hairs ..
        earlier had very curly hairs but after straightening my hairs hv become better,,

• Joo
        September 13, 2014 / 11:44 pm

well do you really liked the Kama Ayurveda Bringadi intensive hair treatment oil??? i hv also got the standard size bottle.. even after skipping Organic Harvest cleansing milk nw i hv switched to Kama Ayurveda Mridul soap free cleanser,, after trying the sample i hv bought the bigger packaging..

• September 14, 2014 / 1:24 pm

Hi Joo, the oil hasn't done anything special to my hair. Makes them a bit softer than regular simple coconut oil but nothing spectacular. I am now using an oil by Iraya. Lets see how that fares. I haven't yet tried the Mridul cleanser sample from My Envy Box, will give it a try today.

10. September 13, 2014 / 10:38 pm

You look really cute with glasses 🙂

11. aliyajamshed7
    September 13, 2014 / 10:44 pm

You look cute in specs …loved the makeup and you used products which are easily available thanks…please do gold smokey eye in September challenge I wil b really grateful..I havent seen you wearing gold smokey eye ,,I have seen other you tube tutorials for gold smokey eyes but would love u see your technique .thanx

12. Koli
    September 13, 2014 / 10:56 pm

will the maybelline kajal stay for up to 7-8 hours?? my office timing is 10 to 5… I have oily skin and the kajal does not stay that long i guess..

13. September 13, 2014 / 11:03 pm

Loved it!!

14. Anita Arumugam
    September 14, 2014 / 11:13 am

You look cute with the glasses Ankita…
    Can you try doing tutorials on how to use Blue, green and yellow eye shadows…Also, if you can give some input on which eye shadows look good on dark skin 🙂

15. apeksha
    September 14, 2014 / 12:01 pm

You look very cute with those specs!

16. Anusha
    September 14, 2014 / 12:19 pm

Agree with shivi love your pictures

17. Tapsy
    September 14, 2014 / 12:25 pm

Simply adorable look. You look so cutie w/ the glasses. I’m loving you, Ankita. Hahaa… :p You’re my favorite & # 1. 🙂

18. September 14, 2014 / 1:16 pm

Nice one…..the specs look good on you

19. Vidhi
    September 14, 2014 / 8:08 pm

My glasses are turquoise in color so I won't wear the turqouise kohl. They would clash with each other. Also, I like to wear matte lip colors for everyday makeup.
    But you look great here! You look like Lucy Hale. Hehe. 😀

20. September 15, 2014 / 11:45 am

i am seriously thinking to buy this concealer now but would that hide dark acne spots???

21. September 15, 2014 / 8:23 pm

AW!! you look like a kid here. Loved the look.

22. September 15, 2014 / 9:56 pm

hi ankita I have a query , u said for this look u use d concler on jawline, area around mouth and around the nose , my question here is that , dream touch lumi conclere har subtle highlighting effect , doesn’t it look tacky to use it on the area mention above ? as it my highlight those area too …

• September 15, 2014 / 10:09 pm

Hi Priya, the highlighting effect is very subtle and it just brightens up the face, don't see any large shimmer or anything.

• September 17, 2014 / 12:28 am

ok ankita tnk you ,, m going to buy this conceler 🙂

23. September 15, 2014 / 10:02 pm

haha really looking lke a school going cute gal 😉 love the look , gonna work for me 🙂

24. hets
    September 16, 2014 / 10:50 am

Hey hi gorgeous. .. I am also suffering from fizzy hair prob… plz suggest me if I get to know any effective product for dis…
    By the way without foundation this look.?? :O :O.. Amazing.. plz plz give us video tutorial. ..

25. Shifaa
    September 17, 2014 / 1:39 am

such a cute look! loved it
    !