I love the look of false lashes and it has taken me a long time to master false eye lash application! In this video, I’ve done a step by step demo of how I apply and remove false eye lashes. There are loads of tips and tricks in this video and this was a highly requested video – hope you find it useful!
Read on further for extra tips on false lash application ~
Products used this video :
1. Decorative Eyelash Playcute #8 Lashes
2. DUO Lash Adhesive (Dark Tone)
3. A pair of tweezers
4. Cotton ear buds
5. Bourjois Mega Liner
Tips for Applying False Lashes :
1. Choose good quality lashes that suit the shape of your eye. If the lashes are too long for you, you can trim them slightly using a pair of scissors to fit your eye. I recommend Ardell lashes (Available at jabong.com).
2. Use good quality glue. I recommend the DUO lash adhesive (also available online at jabong.com in India).
3. Apply a thin layer of glue along the band of the lashes, apply a little extra at the ends to ensure the lashes adhere well at the ends.
4. Let the glue get slightly sticky/tacky. It takes about 40-50 seconds to get so and you can see the color of the glue changing as it begins to dry. This is a super important step!
5. When the glue has begun to dry a little, place the lash using a pair of tweezers (or your fingers, whichever you prefer) on the center of the eye. Keep it as close to your natural lash line as possible.
6. Using the tweezers or your fingers, position the ends of the lash to match with the natural curve of your eye.
7. Use a cotton bud to gently press down on the false lash to make sure it is aligned properly along the natural curve of your eye. There should be no gaps between the false eye lash and your natural lash line. Be gentle with the cotton bud as the glue hasn’t fully dried yet.
8. Once the false lash is positioned properly, let the glue dry fully – it will take at least 2-3 minutes to dry completely.
9. Once the glue is completely dry, use a liquid liner to fill in any uneven areas along the lash band and to cover up any thick blobs of glue peeking through.
10. To remove the lashes – use eye makeup remover soaked on a cotton bud or cotton pad to loosen up the glue. Once most of the glue is loosened up, use your fingers to gently peel off the lashes.
To reuse the lashes again :
Clean the band of the used lashes with makeup remover to fully remove any bits of glue sticking to the lashes. Store them in the original packaging to retain the shape.
[note color=”#FFE4C4″]Hope this tutorial was useful! Thanks for watching! If you have any requests for future videos, please drop me a comment below! [/note]