A few weeks back, Revlon asked bloggers to create a look to match their dream travel destination. Here’s my entry for this contest and I’ve created 2 holiday looks to match with my dream destination – Greece! With the rich history and culture of Athens to pristine sandy beaches and brilliant blue waters of Mykonos and Santorini – Greece is the ideal vacation destination to soak up the Mediterranean sun and the rich Greek culture! Check out my day and night looks + products that would go in my travel bag below ~
Day time Look
Day time is reserved for sight seeing and relaxing by the beach/pool so my day time look is fresh and simple.
– I’ve evened out my skin with a light base and for this look, a concealer comes in real handy so that you can skip foundation and just cover up spots/pigmentation with concealer. I love the Revlon Colorstay Concealer as it good on the coverage, easy to blend, natural looking and long lasting.
– To add a little glow to my face, I used the Revlon Photoready Skinlights Bare Light which gives the most beautiful soft, natural glow to the skin.
– Greece is quite warm so I have also used the Revlon Photoready Primer as it helps my makeup last longer in hot weather and gives good oil control.
– To add a little color to my face, I used the Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner Glazed Green and paired it with a fresh coral pink lip.
– I used some of my favorite Revlon lip products for this look – the Colorburst Lipstick Soft Rose with Colorburst lip gloss Papaya!
Night Time Look
While I’ve kept my day time look relaxed, fresh and minimal, I’m going to glam up for the evening. A warm smokey eye, bronzed glowing skin and a killer red lip gives me the perfect glamorous look for a romantic dinner with my husband! The warm colors also work great when you’ve acquired a tan with all the sun bathing and beach hopping!
– I’ve once again used my favorite Revlon products for the base : Photoready Primer, Photoready Skinlights (mixed with foundation to get a gorgeous all over glow) and Colorstay concealer.
– For the eyes, I’ve used the beautiful sultry shades from the Revlon Custom Eyes eye shadow palette Naturally Glamorous. The bronze eye shadow in this palette is absolutely stunning!
– For the lips, I used my much loved Revlon Matte Lipstick Really Red which is a tomato red that really pops on my complexion and doesn’t wear off through a meal.
And for my nails, I’m going with the Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel Coastal Surf. This beautiful vibrant blue is a super fun color and matches perfectly with the brilliant blue waters of the Mediterranean!
What Revlon products are going in my travel bag ~
1. Revlon Photoready Color Correcting Primer : My favorite hot weather primer! Keeps oil at bay, makes the foundation go on smoother and prevents makeup meltdowns in the heat. Must-have!
2. Revlon Photoready Skinlights Illuminator Bare Light : This illuminator can be mixed with foundation or dabbed directly on the high points for a beautiful, natural looking glow. Just can’t go wrong with this one! Works perfectly for day as well as evening.
3. Revlon Photoready Concealer : A good concealer is an essential while traveling. This one gives medium coverage, looks natural, doesn’t cake up and stays long. Works for the under eye as well as blemishes. Very handy!
4. Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner Glazed Green : Colored liner adds a little fun and color to a simple look. This one is smooth, creamy, pigmented and goes on easily. Love the jewel toned color on my complexion!
5. Revlon Custom Eyes Palette Naturally Glamorous : This palette contains an assortment of 5 beautiful neutrals that cover you for day as well as evening looks. The slim packaging makes it perfect for travel. Love the taupe for day time and the bronze + burgundy for the night time. The lightest shade works well as highlighter and the darkest can be used along lash lines instead of liner.
6. Revlon Colorstay Long wear Nail Enamel Coastal Surf : This brilliant vibrant blue is the perfect shade for a beach vacation. The formula is great as well – rich creamy color that applies fully opaque in 2 coats, dries fairly quick and stays really long!
7. Revlon Colorburst Lipstick Soft Rose : Possibly my favorite pink lipstick! The warm rosy shade lifts up my complexion without being too loud – gives a laid back yet fresh look to the face that is just what I need on vacation. The creamy formula feels comfortable and hydrating as well.
8. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Sorbet : I love these lip butters as they add just the right dose of color with ample glossy hydration to the lips. I have plenty of these but my pick for my Greek vacation has to be Sorbet – an easy to wear watermelon pink that brightens up my face.
9. Revlon Matte Lipstick Really Red : A rich tomato red that’ll help me glam up for an evening out! I love the formula – its very pigmented and doesn’t parch out the lips despite being matte. The color is great for the Indian complexion.
10. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Sweetheart : My pick for when I head to the beach/pool because it stays and stays! This combines the color and longevity of a stain with the hydration of a balm to deliver vibrant long lasting color to the lips. Sweetheart is the perfect pop of fuchsia for a little fun in the sun!
11. Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss Papaya : I love corals and this is one of my favorites. Is a cult favorite and for good reason – the pinky coral color is easy to wear and the formula feels super comfortable and nourishing!
[note color=”#FFE4C4″]Hope you enjoyed reading this post! I had so much fun putting this post together for the Revlon contest. I’d love to know your dream holiday destination and what products you’d carry in your travel bag? Share your comments below! [/note]
Disclaimer : I do not own all the images used in this post. Only the watermarked images belong to me.