Fun Saturdays Vol.58 : 5 Random Things

1. What are you up to this weekend?

We’ve had a relaxing weekend so far. Watched a movie (After Earth, really liked it), watched the Argentina v/s Belgium football match last night (1 am Japan time!) and went for a long long walk! Need to catch up on household chores and blog work now!

After Earth Movie

After Earth Movie

2. Your favorite beauty product at the moment?

I rediscovered the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick compactΒ Bronze recently. I had switched to liquid highlighters for a while but came back to it and I’m loving it! I used it on my look post HERE.

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact Bronze

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact Bronze

3. Paper books or ebooks?

I love the feel of a real paper book. Though I do read more of ebooks now but it doesn’t quite give me the same feeling as a real book! Some of my fondest memories of childhood are of books, libraries and book stores. I still get a little thrill inside when I see a book store. (p.s – Does anyone know where I can find an English book store/library in Tokyo?)

Books

Books

4. What do you like to snack on?Β

Most days when I’m being good with my diet, I’d snack on roasted peanuts or dry fruits/nuts. When I want to indulge, I like salty, crispy snacks like flavored potato chips or tortilla chips!

Dry fruits and nuts

Dry fruits and nuts

5. Do you play any instruments?

Not really. I played a little bit of synthesizer (keyboard) when I was in school. But not that well. Then there was a 2 week stint with Guitar before I went to college 😐

Musical Insruments- Keyboard

Musical Insruments- Keyboard

Image credits : 1, 2, 3, 4

[note color=”#FFEACA”]Β I tag all of you to answer the questions in this post :

1. What are you up to this weekend?

2. Your favorite beauty product at the moment?

3. Paper books or ebooks?

4. What do you like to snack on?Β

5. Do you play any instruments?

Β

You need not answer all 5, answer as many as you like! I look forward to reading your replies.

Have a great weekend everyone!Β πŸ™‚ [/note]

1. Jinse
    July 6, 2014 / 2:11 pm

I am having a very Achy weekend to sum it up πŸ˜›
    1. Went for a trek to Lohagad Fort at Pune.
    2. I am digging the new member in my collection – Nyx Gloss shade Ballerina Pink
    3.I have a 50-50 affinity towards both Paperbacks and Ebooks πŸ™‚
    4. My all time safe/favorite snack would be mixed dry fruits/nuts just like you
    5.Again we have a similarity here, i got hooked to keyboards when I was in 8th grade, big thanks to my short attention span, I switched over to Guitar and lo! again left it half way πŸ˜›

2. July 6, 2014 / 2:20 pm

1. relaxing
    2. za true white ex day cream
    3.ebooks any day!
    4. maggi!
    5. yeah i used to learn classical singing as a kid, so i can play the harmonium..dont do it now though!

July 6, 2014 / 2:52 pm

I was waiting for our weekend questions…
    1. M just relaxing at home after a tiring week… 6 day working makes me very tired..

2. Currently I don't have any favorite beauty product.. But my current favorite is a brush, my inglot 25SS brush..

3.books,, no ebooks for me ,, my eyes start paining after sm time I avoid that..

4.home made gur & wheat breads .. They taste amazing … Well its a Punjabi home made snack..

5. Mouthorgan….

4. July 6, 2014 / 3:08 pm

It is Sunday HERE πŸ˜€
    1. What are you up to this weekend? Well exciting nothing really, if watching movies and football matches count then yes I am doing both πŸ™‚
    2. Your favorite beauty product at the moment? Givenchy Photo’Perfexion Foundation, I just used it twice but it is AWESOME!!
    3. Paper books or ebooks? Paper books,during my childhood-preetens,I was a huge book worm and use to wait for my visit to the book store
    4. What do you like to snack on? I mostly snack on potato chips (Lays cheese and onion)
    5. Do you play any instruments? Yes! I play guitar though I have not played it since last year but I have played it for like 4 years

5. July 6, 2014 / 3:28 pm

1. What are you up to this weekend?
    I am going to watch bobby jasoos!
    2. Your favorite beauty product at the moment?
    my Urban decay naked lipstick!
    3. Paper books or ebooks?
    paper books..books are meant to be dog-eared…not flat screened..
    4. What do you like to snack on?
    oat biscuits
    5. Do you play any instruments?
    with a heavy heart..no πŸ™

6. Vidhi
    July 6, 2014 / 3:33 pm

1. After a busy trip to Agra and Rajasthan with my family, I am looking forward to not doing anything this weekend!

2. Colorbar Perfect Match Primer!

3. I love books no matter what form they are in. I like reading paper books more than e-books but when I have to go somewhere I can carry my whole e-book library with me but I can't carry my whole paper library with me. πŸ˜›

By the way, have you read The Fault In Our Stars yet?

4. Bhel Puri.

5. I joined guitar classes after my 10th board exams but my guitar teacher was really bad so I left.

7. Madhur
    July 6, 2014 / 3:46 pm

1. What are you up to this weekend?
    Nothing. Having a lazy weekend but will go for a movie in couple of hours. πŸ˜€

2. Your favorite beauty product at the moment?
    Lakme absolute kohl. I totally loved it. It stayed on for very long time. Thank you for recommending it Ankita. πŸ™‚

3. Paper books or ebooks?
    Paper books always. I love the feel and smell of them.

4. What do you like to snack on?
    I usually crave for chips. But mostly I go for fruits and biscuit.

5. Do you play any instruments?
    Nope. I took music classes in school but never got interested in playing anything. After a year I dropped out of those classes. In class, I just used to sit there and listen to others play. πŸ˜€

8. roy
    July 6, 2014 / 4:08 pm

1. I had a wndrfl weeknd as it ws my bdy πŸ™‚
    2.lakme eyeconic kajal(blck)
    3.paper books for sure…
    3.haldiram's bhujia πŸ˜€
    4.played harmonium sum ages bck..bt fr now nthng πŸ™

9. July 6, 2014 / 4:18 pm

haha I remember I went guitar crazy 1st year in college πŸ˜€

10. Gargi
    July 6, 2014 / 5:25 pm

1. What are you up to this weekend? Tiring weekend, full of work πŸ™
    2. Your favorite beauty product at the moment? Nail Paints! Bought the new street wear chic packaging ones πŸ˜€
    3. Paper books or ebooks? Paper Books any day! I love the smell of it, and the feel of it <3 I can't read ebooks, I lose interest.
    4. What do you like to snack on? Fruits in summers!
    5. Do you play any instruments? Nope! Tried learning my bro's guitar but it was pain to my fingers literally πŸ˜›

11. July 6, 2014 / 5:39 pm

1. Its a lazy weekend. Doing some spring cleaning at the moment……

2. Olay Total effects night cream

3. Paper books any day though i do read the Harry Potter series in e-books

4. Roasted green peas and kala channa

5. None

12. July 6, 2014 / 6:52 pm

Its sunday here in India!
    1. What are you up to this weekend? I caught up on blogging
    2. Your favorite beauty product at the moment? Its the new Street Wear lipsticks that I purchased recently
    3. Paper books or ebooks? Any! I was like you earlier, but now I don’t mind either. Since I travel alot, ebooks are wayyy more convinient!
    4. What do you like to snack on? Hmm..toast I guess!
    5. Do you play any instruments? Ah, I used to play ‘harmonium’ back when I was learning singing, but now I don’t play anything

13. July 6, 2014 / 7:15 pm

It’s sale everywhere in Mumbai. So I am busy shopping.
    My favourite is the Revlon Photoready foundation I recently bought.
    Paper books. I love the feel of hard bound cover in my hand.
    I love to snack on munchies and all unhealthy stuff.
    Unfortunately none.

14. July 6, 2014 / 9:45 pm

1. What are you up to this weekend?
    Studying for my upcoming GRE exam.

2. Your favorite beauty product at the moment?
    Maybelline lip liner in a nude shade πŸ™‚

3. Paper books or ebooks?
    Paper books.. any day!

4. What do you like to snack on?
    Papaya, aamras, raisins or any sandwich.

5. Do you play any instruments?
    Yes, I play the keyboard fluently. I learnt to play it for about a decade :)))

Have a great week ahead Ankita!

15. Mek
    July 6, 2014 / 10:13 pm

1.This weekend? Caught up with my sleep and made an apple pie.
    2.Mac Studiosculpt foundation.My tube is almost over.
    3.Paper or ebooks?I’m not fussy. So long as its entertaining.
    4.Snacks? Anything sweet and not smothered in cream
    5.Unfortunately no talent for music.

You could try exchanging books on Bookmooch.com. Its totally free and currently there are 103 members in Japan itself.Just put up 10 of your old books and you can start requesting books.When someone request one of your books send it by post.You can choose to send books only to your country if you want to.At the same time you can request books from anywhere in the world.

16. Shrutika
    July 6, 2014 / 11:57 pm

1.Nothing except studying but today i went to Sephora and shopped a bit soap and glory stuff after which im grinning like mad people because they are SO GOOD !!
    2.I’m loving loreal volume million lashes mascara πŸ™‚
    3.Not much into reading but paper books πŸ™‚
    4.i’m loving a diet mixture as of now
    5.a little guitar and congo πŸ™‚

17. July 7, 2014 / 6:19 am

I would spend some time with my friends and might go out for dinner.

I am loving the Sleek Rio Rio I-divine palette.

I am more into Paper books as they are more comfortable to read.

I like to snack on roasted peanuts most of the time.

Nah never played anything!

18. DeeBee
    July 7, 2014 / 12:08 pm

1. picnic with friends and 4th of July fireworks. watched the world cup games
    2. has to be NYX megashine lipgloss in Tea Rose and NYX Matte lipstick in Alamaba
    3. paper books
    4. wasabi crusted nuts (yummmm)
    5. no, i’m more of a vocalist in indian music

19. July 7, 2014 / 1:10 pm

1. What are you up to this weekend?- household chores..& looking after my balcony plants…one of my hobbies
    2. Your favorite beauty product at the moment?- maybelline turquoise khol
    3. Paper books or ebooks?….paper books.
    4. What do you like to snack on? …peanuts with Jaggery
    5. Do you play any instruments? never played any.

20. Amrita
    July 7, 2014 / 10:48 pm

raving at the Bobby Brown highlighter!