Fun Saturdays Vol.56 : 5 Random Things

1. What do you have on your nails right now?

A textured golden peach glitter nail polish! Details + more pics HERE.

Golden Peach Textured Glitter Nails

Golden Peach Textured Glitter Nails

2. Do you use essential oils?

Yes, once in a while in my bath. I’m currently loving the Nyassa Lavender Essential Oil – its such a beautiful calming scent. If you like the scent of lavender, this is a must-have! (Image credit : source)

Lavender Essential Oil

Lavender Essential Oil

3. What was your last purchase?

Not counting groceries of course ๐Ÿ˜› ย My last purchase was a couple of lip products *birthday gift to self!* and a little something from the MAC Alluring Aquatic collection!

My last purchase

My last purchase

ย

4. What are you craving this weekend?

Malai Kofta! I might try making it this evening, never tried it before so hoping it turns out good! Any tips? (Image credit : spiceroots.com)

Malai Kofta

Malai Kofta

5. What is the weather like where you stay?

Tokyo has been very rainy since the past 3 days! I’m loving it! ย (Image credit : Source)

Rainy Tokyo

Rainy Tokyo

[note color=”#FFEACA”]ย I tag all of you to answer the questions in this post :

1. What do you have on your nails right now?

ย

You need not answer all 5, answer as many as you like! I look forward to reading your replies.

Have a great weekend everyone!ย ๐Ÿ™‚ [/note]

1. June 8, 2014 / 12:23 pm

1. What do you have on your nails right now?
    Maybelline fuchsia nail polish!
    2. Do you use essential oils?
    no but i love using oils for face..:)
    the balm nude tude palette ๐Ÿ˜€
    4. What are you craving this weekend?
    baked macaroni with pineapple!!
    frying pan!

• June 8, 2014 / 6:16 pm

Hey Mily, what are your thoughts on the Balm nude tude palette? I've not tried anything from the Balm so far!

2. deeptika
    June 8, 2014 / 12:25 pm

1) on my nails , maybelline color show fantasea green
    2)Yes i use essential oils & love soulflower lavender essential oil
    5)Its verry hot here temp is 47 ๐Ÿ™

• June 8, 2014 / 6:16 pm

Hoping the monsoon hits India soon, its wayy too hot right now!

3. June 8, 2014 / 12:32 pm

1) Maybelline’s glitter mania Champagne!
    2) Using soulflower Lavender & Orange essential oils.
    3) books maybe…if they are counted too ๐Ÿ™‚
    4) I have bad throat but would like to go for cold coffee with vanilla toppings I guess…
    5) In Bangalore its mostly cloudy!

Loved reading ur answers ๐Ÿ™‚
    Happy Sunday ๐Ÿ™‚

• June 8, 2014 / 6:17 pm

Happy Sunday to you too ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Madhur
    June 8, 2014 / 12:33 pm

1. What do you have on your nails right now?
    Lotus’s Cozy mulberry. It’s my favourite colour.

2. Do you use essential oils?
    I sometimes use them in homemade face packs and scrubs.

3. What was your last purchase?
    I went to shopping yesterday and bought 2 Ubtans from Forest Essentials and Innisfree Wine Peeling Jelly Scrub.

4. What are you craving this weekend?
    Chocolate ice-cream and strawberries.

5. What is the weather like where you stay?
    Very very hot. I wish it was raining over here.

• June 8, 2014 / 6:18 pm

Hey Madhur, Lotus Cozy Mulberry is a beautiful color! I used to love it (and Candy Drop from the same range as well!) but I guess I misplaced it during shifting etc. Which ubtans did you pick from Forest Essentials?

• Madhur
        June 8, 2014 / 11:30 pm

Hey ๐Ÿ™‚ I haven’t tried Candy drop. I am definitely going to buy that colour next. I bought Narangi & Nagkesar and Tejasvi. SA told me that Tejasvi is for dry skin but it smelled wonderful so couldn’t stop myself from buying. ๐Ÿ˜€ And I didn’t even went to buy the above things. I wanted to buy a shampoo which is Sulphate, Paraben, Silicone and PEG free but couldn’t find any such shampoo. :/

• June 8, 2014 / 11:43 pm

I have tried the Narangi and Nagkesar ubtan and its nice ๐Ÿ™‚ Aren't the FE shampoos Sulphate and Silicone free? I have tried the Mashobra Honey and Vanilla shampoo/conditioner from Forest Essentials and it is SLS, paraben, silicone and PEG free.

• Madhur
            June 9, 2014 / 11:49 pm

I don’t think that FE shampoo are sulphate free. First, they do not write on their products full ingredient list. They basically list natural ingredients and all chemicals come under their ‘ Base QS ‘ or do not mention at all. This annoys me a lot and I do not trust such products.

5. aruna
    June 8, 2014 / 12:33 pm

1. sally hansen- coral reef
    2. I’m not much of an essential oil person but i do use olive oil occasionally!
    3. My last purchase is MAC lipstick in mehr!
    4. I have been craving chicken biryani for ages!
    5. Mumbai is humid!! It is like living in a furnace!

Btw Ankita, I absolutely love the effort you put into the blog and it has helped me alot in purchasing the right things for myself!

6. Vidhi
    June 8, 2014 / 12:41 pm

1. ColorShow The Devil Wears Purple

2. No. ๐Ÿ˜›

3. Rajma Chawal which my mom is making today for lunch!

4. Sunscreen lotions!

5. I live in Delhi and it's too hot here! The scorching sun makes it impossible to step out of the house!

• June 8, 2014 / 6:19 pm

The Devil wears Purple – what a cool name!

7. June 8, 2014 / 1:18 pm

I have Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist Coral Rush on my nails right now. Loving the shade.
    I have not used essential oils yet but would love to give it a try.
    My last purchase in makeup product was Clinique Anti blemish oil control cleansing mask. I bought it from Maldives duty free store. Let’s see how it turns out.
    I am craving for some good punjabi food-Dhaba style
    I stay in Mumbai. U must be well knowing about the weather here . Rite now the heat and humidity has crossed all bearable human threshold.

Ankita I always love your fun Saturdays volume.

• June 8, 2014 / 6:19 pm

I can totally imagine how hot and humid Mumbai would be at the moment!

8. Deepa
    June 8, 2014 / 2:11 pm

1. What do you have on your nails right now?
    Nothing, since for the past one month my nails had been in constantly covered by nail polish & now i want tim to breath a lil, so no nail paint for next few days ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Do you use essential oils?
    Yup, I love using lavender essential oil on my face bfr moisturizer, it has really helped in clearing my skin ๐Ÿ™‚ using Kama Ayurveda Lavender essential oil.. Ya i sometimes do mix it with my hair oil also.

3. What was your last purchase?
    Last week while in Delhi I shopped for some Bobbi brown lipsticks ๐Ÿ™‚ Haven’t been able to apply thm as yet, since i don’t want to spoil the shape n look of it ;p

4. What are you craving this weekend?
    I have been craving chocolate pastry since a few days now..

5. What is the weather like where you stay?
    Hot & humidโ€ฆ I hate Mumbai’s Humidity..

• June 8, 2014 / 6:21 pm

Hey Deepa, do you use Lavender essential oil directly on the skin or diluted with a carrier oil? Just wondering because the Nyassa one I have is not supposed to be used directly on the skin. Which lipsticks did you pick from Bobbi Brown? ๐Ÿ™‚

9. June 8, 2014 / 2:50 pm

1. What do you have on your nails right now?
    Maybelline color show downtown Red

Yes, I do I use Lavender Oil often

3. What was your last purchase?
    Bought Garnier fructis Shampoo yesterday.

Spicy masala chat foods

It is very hot and humid here ๐Ÿ™ in Chennai

• June 8, 2014 / 6:21 pm

Lavender Oil seems quite popular! ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Shrutika
    June 8, 2014 / 2:59 pm

1.On my nails is maybelline fiesty fuschia
    2.I like lavender and rosemary essential oil
    3.I’ve not done any makeup purchase but i recentlu got myself a new pair of orange and white wedges from done by none ๐Ÿ˜€ Im in love with them . So Summer !!
    4.Im craving italian food !! ๐Ÿ™‚
    5. I live in delhi and it’s burning here its around 50 degrees and i think we’ll turn into roasted human beings soon ๐Ÿ™

• June 8, 2014 / 6:21 pm

Orange and white wedges sound fun!!

11. June 8, 2014 / 3:05 pm

You just made me super hungry!! Malai kofta ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜€

1. What do you have on your nails right now? – Maybelline Glitter Mania in the shade starry nights
    2. Do you use essential oils? – Yes, for skin as well as for my hair.
    3. What was your last purchase? – A tablet computer for my upcoming giveaway ๐Ÿ˜€
    4. What are you craving this weekend? – Malai kofta, you made me crave for it just now ๐Ÿ˜›
    5. What is the weather like where you stay? – Hot hot hot!! monsoons expected pretty soon. :/

• June 8, 2014 / 6:22 pm

Hope you have Malai Kofta soon ๐Ÿ˜› I just made some!

12. June 8, 2014 / 3:33 pm

1. Nothing ๐Ÿ™
    2. Not really…too lazy I suppose.
    3. Bobbi brown long wear even finish liquid foundation. Love it!
    4. Street food. Gol gappa/Pani puri/Puchka in particular.
    5. Soooo cold and rainy!

• June 8, 2014 / 6:23 pm

I haven't had pani puri since a few months, makes me miss India!

13. June 8, 2014 / 4:28 pm

1. What do you have on your nails right now?
    Nothing right now ๐Ÿ™
    2. Do you use essential oils?
    Yes, a loot..i love using them..specially olive oil.
    3. What was your last purchase?
    I just recieved some prodcuts which i ordered online few days back..it includes foot crea, hand cream, shower gel and lots more:D
    Palak paneer ๐Ÿ™‚
    Its hot…very hot.

• June 8, 2014 / 6:25 pm

Enjoy your haul Nausheen! Btw olive oil isn't an essential oil, concentrated oils extracted from plants containing a distinct aroma are essential oils – like lavender, rose, rosemary, orange, tea tree oil etc.

14. priyanka
    June 8, 2014 / 4:47 pm

1.Ryt now m wearng a lvly shd frm mayblne
    2. Yes bt mstly drng wintrs
    3. Lakme 9 to 5 lippy nd mayblne bb stck ๐Ÿ™‚
    4. Ohh m realllyy crvng for sme pizzzaa
    5. M from guwahati nd d wearhr hre is plyng peekaboo…so cnt really tell.. Sorrieee ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Sonia
    June 8, 2014 / 5:25 pm

Yay fun Saturday time! ๐Ÿ˜€
    1. What do you have on your nails right now?
    My Private Jet – OPI (I found it after years of hunting!)
    2. Do you use essential oils?
    Nope not really, but I’d love to!
    3. What was your last purchase?
    Sephora cleansing milk and a nano lip liner.
    4. What are you craving this weekend?
    Anything with chocolate in it. I already got my chocolate cheesecake fix though <3
    5. What is the weather like where you stay?
    I live in Dubai and it is sweltering hot. No point of applying makeup cause it melts off right away.

• June 8, 2014 / 6:26 pm

I've used the Sephora nano liners in the past- the lip liners were nice, the eye liner not so much! WHich shade did you pick?

16. June 8, 2014 / 5:57 pm

1. What do you have on your nails right now? None….just removed the paint yesterday..giving my nails a breather..
    A fuschia sling bag
    4. What are you craving this weekend?
    Well have been eating out too many times of late…so nothing

A small tip for making the malai koftas ……use very little cornflour for binding the koftas…..and if you pressure cook all the remaining ingredients and just puree them, it really cuts down on the cooking time without compromising on the taste…it is good that you mentioned it….one of my readers has requested for the recipe…will post it next week!

5. What is the weather like where you stay?
    I stay in Blore so its great at the moment………awesome winds and clear skies!!

• June 8, 2014 / 6:28 pm

Thanks for the tip Sweta!! I didn't have cornflour so I just used a little bit of maida, the koftas turned out fine though I think I should have put some dry fruit filling inside to make them a little more interesting. Do post your recipe soon, would love to check it out!

17. June 8, 2014 / 9:01 pm

1. What do you have on your nails right now? Bare nails, tommorow have school so… :p
    2. Do you use essential oils? No
    3. What was your last purchase? Nyassa alphonso soap
    4. What are you craving this weekend? hmmm… Something tangy like papri chaat,maybe
    5. What is the weather like where you stay? Hot!

18. June 8, 2014 / 9:04 pm

1. What do you have on your nails right now?
    Maybelline Glitter mania pink champagne

2. Do you use essential oils?
    Can’t do without peppermint and lavender oil

3. What was your last purchase?
    My nail polish that i am wearing

4. What are you craving this weekend?
    Cheese baked macaroni!! with loads of cheese !!

UUGGHH! HUMID!

19. June 8, 2014 / 9:23 pm

1.Essie cute as a button
    2.Does beauty oil on the face count :)?
    3.Just bought a beautiful fuchsia color dress to wear for my bday which is next week
    4.nothing as such
    5.it is hot right now and was raining last week

20. June 8, 2014 / 9:35 pm

1. What do you have on your nails right now?
    Nothing actually. Will be applying lakme 9-5 later tonight.
    2. Do you use essential oils?
    I have a bottle of lavender oil staring at me every time I open my beauty shelf. haven’t used it yet!
    3. What was your last purchase?
    Gold covering bangles and jhumkas with stones,
    4. What are you craving this weekend?
    Fruit milkshakes. Made myself a banana and dry fruits one.
    5. What is the weather like where you stay?
    Bangalore is crazy weather. As of now its cooling down. Will probably rain tonight.

21. June 8, 2014 / 10:41 pm

1. What do you have on your nails right now?- Maybelline colorshow Blueberry Ice.. (By the way Maybelline colorshow looks to be quite popular here )
    2. Do you use essential oils?.. not yet ventured into it..but once had bought some oil from soulflower(or something similar) for SPA at home..
    3. What was your last purchase?.. Lโ€™Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick in Orange
    4. What are you craving this weekend?.. after looking at the kofta pic, craving at having a typical punjabi food.. butter naan and malai kofta ๐Ÿ˜‰
    5. What is the weather like where you stay? I stay in Bangalore as of now its mixed, hot in day , little cool in Night

22. June 8, 2014 / 11:50 pm

Annnnnd you made kofta! ๐Ÿ˜€

23. June 9, 2014 / 12:52 am

1. What do you have on your nails right now?
    Cult Nails Masquerade
    2. Do you use essential oils?
    Nope. They give me headaches!
    MAC OSbourne and Lorde Collection
    Lobster
    5. What is the weather like where you stay?
    Its very warm today as we get into summer. The seasons are very distinct here.

24. Aparna
    June 9, 2014 / 8:42 am

1) what you have on your nails rt now ? Essie nail paint in smooth sailing
    2) Do you use essential oils ? .Not yet tried but will like to try lavender oil as seeing lots of liking with fans.
    3)What was your last purchase ?.Omg I was really wanting maybelline vivids lipstick in vivid rose but it was out of stock at all drugstores ,finally got it .
    4)What are you craving this weekend ? I am in full mood of smoothies !!!!!!!!
    5)What is the weather like where you stay ? I live in Boston ,the weather rt now is great !!!!!!

Hey Ankita ,I have been a silent reader of your blog since last years. Corallista completely changed my dressing table essentials .Today before buying any new product i definitely go for a review by you .Kudos .

25. Tanu
    June 9, 2014 / 11:51 am

1. I have Lakme 9 to 5 pink profit on my nails right now.
    2. Yes the rosemary n tea tree oil from oriflame has been quite useful for my skin.
    3. My recent purchase was an olay natural white night cream.
    4. I’m craving Manchurian noodles! Sorry! No idea about malaai kofta.
    5. Weather in Gujarat resembles a blast furnace. Too hot to handle!

26. June 9, 2014 / 1:12 pm

1. Nothing….just want them to breathe
    2. yes, used Fairy one from Aroma but not much into it.(if can post how to use Eoils???)
    3. Last purchase….yet to purchase my skin care & cosmetics but just purchased too many ethnic wears
    4. Hot yummy Baked Veg with extra cheese
    5. Weather….on boiling point, waiting for monsoon

27. Piu
    June 9, 2014 / 1:21 pm

1. What do you have on your nails right now? Maybelline color show feisty fushia

2. Do you use essential oils? no

3. What was your last purchase? lipsticks and lip glosses

4. What are you craving this weekend?enjoyed cold coffee

5. What is the weather like where you stay? horribly hot in Delhi at 47 degree Celsius