How to apply Blush (Video Tutorial)

This is one of the most requested videos recently and I hope this will help beginners with their blush application. Blush adds dimension to the face, a healthy color to the cheeks and acts a bridge between the eyes and the lips. I personally love using blush and I’ve used one of my favorites (MAC Fleur Power) in this Video.

There are many different techniques for blush application based on face shapes. But a ‘sculpted’ approach (shown in this video) works for most people.Β For rounder faces (like mine), this is the best way to apply blush as it enhances cheekbones, gives a more structured look to the face and balances the roundness. If you like this Video, don’t forget to Like, Comment and Subscribe!

Products used in this videoΒ :

MAC Satin Blush : Fleur Power

Real Techniques Blush Brush

Deborah Milano Kajal #127 [only for demo]

How to apply Blush - Basic Guide for Beginners

How to apply Blush – Basic Guide for Beginners

1. appy
    May 20, 2014 / 10:26 am

Ankita,your basic tutorials have always been a hit…there are so many amateurs like me who have highly benefitted from ur posts…there was a time when i was in a completely messed up situation when it came to make up….but now people applaud me for the same….kudos to u for equipping girls like us with a comprehensive understanding about make up….

• May 20, 2014 / 10:46 am

Thank you πŸ™‚ I'm so glad to hear this! What tutorial would you like to see next?

• appy
        May 20, 2014 / 11:20 pm

Anything that u wish to exhibit wl b welcum…bt besides face make up…making up the hair also becomes an ordeal at tymes…if possible some day kindly do a tutorial on easy to do hairdos for various occassions

• Priya
          May 21, 2014 / 10:10 am

Ankita,
          I am one in this line with Appy. Your tutorials are easy to understand and very well described. πŸ™‚ Happy that i found your blog an year back from then don’t miss hitting yours. <3 <3 Please help in the highlighting, contouring, lipstick tutorials.

2. deeptika
    May 20, 2014 / 10:59 am

much needed! thanks!

3. May 20, 2014 / 11:36 am

Mastering blush application was the hardest job for me and I still think I do not apply it perfectly. The tutorial is well explained and helpful! You should do one on contouring as well!

4. Ranjana
    May 20, 2014 / 11:39 am

very well explained Ankita..
    i usually struggle with highlighters..i don’t know when and how to apply it above blush..it always looks kinda weird…so please give us tutorial about highlighters with both powder and cream..

5. May 20, 2014 / 12:21 pm

Fleur power looks so natural on you! I am so getting it for myself now! πŸ™‚

6. sharifa
    May 20, 2014 / 1:14 pm

omg! This was like surprise to me..I have my sisters engagement tomorrow and I am going to do my own make up..I brought the fleur power blush on ur recommendation and even the clinique blended face powder and concealer…and a blush tutorial with fleur power *_*…can't thank you enough..hope my make up turns out well πŸ˜€ thanks!

7. kity52
    May 20, 2014 / 3:04 pm

very nice and useful video thank u for that,,plz do a tutorial on how to apply bronzer for beginners πŸ™‚

8. May 20, 2014 / 7:18 pm

Super helpful video! Do one on contouring as well please πŸ™‚

9. Vidhi
    May 20, 2014 / 7:53 pm

I love how you listen to what your readers want and fulfill their wishes. <3

10. Shrutika
    May 20, 2014 / 9:18 pm

Hi Ankita Di …Plz Plz Plzz do a basic tutorial on sunscreen application and then base eye nd lip makeup …plzz its really tough for me to use base makeup over sunscreen ..it ends up being too clumsy πŸ˜› plzz help

11. May 20, 2014 / 11:10 pm

this is such a well explained tutorial!! thanks Ankita!! πŸ™‚

12. May 21, 2014 / 12:27 am

This was an amazing tutorial Ankita! Very different from the other blush application tutorials out there. Love your videos πŸ™‚

13. Suneha
    May 21, 2014 / 12:39 am

very helpful tutorial Ankita…thanks for sharing… πŸ™‚

14. Gargi
    May 21, 2014 / 11:07 am

I enjoy your basic tutorials a lot! very helpful!

15. Mehek
    June 12, 2014 / 6:02 pm

very helpful video ankita.. i personally find it difficult applying blush because if not properly applied it can make u look clown..
    thanks for video..

16. navpreet.kaur.5070276
    August 29, 2014 / 6:42 pm

I really love the way you make everything so simple and easy.great tutorial really very useful.