Gorgeous Bright Lipsticks for Summer! (Part 1)

Few weeks back, I had done a compilation of Everyday Nude lipsticks which was a big hit with so many of you! Since you had requested more such compilations, I thought of doing one for Bright lipsticks. Spring/Summer is the time to whip out the juicy corals, oranges, pinks and hot reds and I personally love bright lips! I have a fairly big collection of bright lipsticks so I’ve split up these posts into 3 parts!

Lipsticks featured in this Part 1 are as follows –

1. NYX Round Lipstick – Femme ($4.00)Β
  2. Chambor Powder Matte Lipstick – Pink Flamingo (Rs 595)
  3. Inglot lipstick no.234 (Rs 550, may have changed now)
  4. MAC Matte Lipstick – Party Parrot (LE) (Rs 990)
  5. Sleek Makeup Lipstick – Candy Cane (close dupe of MAC Party Parrot) ($7.49)
  6. Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick – Violet Crush (Rs 1750)
  7. Revlon Matte Lipstick – Really Red (Rs 500)
  8. Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick – Fuchsia Graffiti (Rs 955)
  9. Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick – Red TangoΒ (Rs 1750)
  10. Illamasqua Lipstick – Eurydice (Β£18.50)

Gorgeous Bright Lipsticks for Summer

Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick - Fuchsia Graffiti

Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick – Fuchsia Graffiti

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick - Red Tango

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick – Red Tango

Illamasqua Lipstick - Eurydice

Illamasqua Lipstick – Eurydice

Color-wise, I love MAC Party Parrot/Sleek Candy Cane (they are very similar), Revlon Really Red and Estee Lauder Red Tango. These shades really brighten up my face. I also like Chambor Pink Flamingo – its a very different color and looks much nicer in person. Illamasqua Eurydice is a true hot pink but has the worst formula – its VERY dry. NYX Femme is again a lovely shade but I don’t like the formula – its too creamy and slippery.

Formula-wise, my favorite would be Bourjois Rouge Edition and Estee Lauder Pure Color Red Tango. Both are very smooth in application, super pigmented, hydrating and comfortable with a long wear time!

[note color=”#FFE4C4″]Which lipsticks did you like the most? What are your favorite bright lipsticks? Share your comments below! [/note]

1. Neha
    April 24, 2014 / 2:21 pm

I picked up “Oh My Magenta” after reading your blog & its become my go-to ever since…lol yes I sport a bright lip daily…I have pigmented lips and NEED to actually. I also like “Brick-O-La” which I picked up from your blog sale and Revlon Colorburst Fuschia.

• April 24, 2014 / 2:25 pm

I am going to feature Oh My Magenta in Part 2 πŸ™‚ Its such a great shade!

2. April 24, 2014 / 2:25 pm

Great picks Ankita!
    I especially liked the Inglot, and Revlon really red. Everything looks pretty on you!

3. April 24, 2014 / 2:32 pm

OMG such lovely shades, I wish I could get Party Parrot πŸ™‚

4. April 24, 2014 / 2:38 pm

Lovely lipsticks. I really liked MAC Party Parrot and Estee Lauder Red Tango. Gorgeous colours πŸ™‚

5. B
    April 24, 2014 / 2:39 pm

I loved Mac Party Parrot the best!

• April 24, 2014 / 2:42 pm

Thanks! You had mentioned that you wanted to change your display name. Just wanted to let you know that you can Edit your Profile. Just head over to 'My Profile' in the right hand tab to make the changes.

• Vidhi
        April 25, 2014 / 9:02 am

Okay, thanks. πŸ™‚

6. Anupriya
    April 24, 2014 / 2:44 pm

i like the chambor one … i dont sport bright lips that often though they brighten up my face…. if its tooo hot red… my husband tells me not to wear it… πŸ™‚

7. April 24, 2014 / 2:46 pm

MAC Matte lipstic looks amazing on you!!

8. April 24, 2014 / 2:58 pm

Lovely i lovee all the shades..and yes the mac matte lppies looks gorgeous on you πŸ™‚

9. deeptika
    April 24, 2014 / 3:33 pm

i liked mac party parrot,sleek, chambor pink flamingo,inglot 234 & ravlon really red..but loved you in every shade:)

10. Ari
    April 24, 2014 / 3:34 pm

i really liked estee lauder red tango.never tried bright colors should try it soon.

11. April 24, 2014 / 3:37 pm

NYX Femma and the Sleek lipsticks look so pretty πŸ™‚

12. April 24, 2014 / 3:46 pm

Party parrot is oh-wow kind of a shade ! Femme and violet crush are also very nice !

13. April 24, 2014 / 3:46 pm

oh wow party parrot is so beautiful..but i dont wear this bright lipsticks..:( mostly because i have to go directly to places after office..

14. April 24, 2014 / 3:56 pm

Would love to see a compilation of oranges and corals Ankita..I am trying to find the perfect coral for my skin tone πŸ™‚ thanks!

• April 24, 2014 / 5:11 pm

I’ll barge in! I love the Revlon lacquer balm- Tease on my complexion these days.its an orangey-coral.. I discovered it by chance, and now I love it dearly.. i have pigmented lips too, and most corals tend to look patchy on my lips… this one is fab!

and Ankita, that’s a fab list! dying to try party parrot! <3

• April 27, 2014 / 2:46 pm

Thanks for the recommendation Ritu!

15. April 24, 2014 / 5:05 pm

loved them!! πŸ™‚

16. April 24, 2014 / 5:40 pm

I'd bought Inglot 234 long ago after reading about it here- it's so bright! And I love Chambor Powder Mattes, is Pink Flamingo blue-based? I'm thinking of buying Revlon Matte Balm Unapologetic- it's this bright hot pink, supposedly a dupe for Party Parrot. But I have the coral Audacious, which though pretty,goes on quite patchy πŸ™ Have the matte balms launched yet in Japan?

• April 27, 2014 / 2:47 pm

Hey Rashi, Pink Flamingo does have slight blue undertones. Matte balms have launched in Japan recently though I havent had the chance to check them out yet.

17. April 24, 2014 / 5:45 pm

Nice post! Great Collection!

18. April 24, 2014 / 5:53 pm

hey ankita, how u doin? ur doin a fanastic job.i wanted to know where can i find illamasqua eurydice lipstick..

19. sana
    April 24, 2014 / 5:59 pm

wow .. the lovely colours.. i am going to pick party parrot .. by the way ankita you are looking gorgeous.. let us know the makeup breakdown of this pics.. you are looking bright.

• April 29, 2014 / 1:12 pm

Hey Sana! I'm wearing Kate Powderless foundation (a Japanese brand) here with some Kate gold eye shadows on the lid, Bourjois Mega Liner, L'Oreal False Lash telescopic Mascara. For the cheeks, I layered 2 NYX blushes – Pinched and Rose Garden to get the perfect pink/coral mix that'll work with all the lipsticks I was wearing. Glad you liked the look πŸ™‚

20. April 24, 2014 / 6:39 pm

Oh my.. Such a great collection of lippies and your lipswatches complete the post πŸ™‚

21. April 24, 2014 / 7:04 pm

Oh my such an amazing collection!! I wanna try party parrot, candy cane, really red & pink flamingo!!!

22. April 24, 2014 / 7:27 pm

Wow…this is an awesome compilation dear…beautiful summery shades…I desperately want Chambor Powder Matte Lipstick – Pink Flamingo and Illamasqua Lipstick – Eurydice now….you look absolutely beautiful in the pics Ankita…:-)

• April 29, 2014 / 1:13 pm

Hey Rashmi, I wouldn't recommend Illamasqua Eurydice – the formula is really bad! Its the driest lipstick, color doesn't apply on the lips from the bullet, I had to rub a brush over it to try and get some color!

23. April 24, 2014 / 8:47 pm

Such stunning shades on stunning you! Loved party parrot!
    and hope you don’t mind me asking but are you related to Katy Perry? πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

24. April 24, 2014 / 9:45 pm

Violet Crush is such a stunning color! I want it now!

25. Aneesha
    April 24, 2014 / 10:09 pm

I am not able to make out in which color you are looking more beautiful because you are looking gorgeous in each and every one

26. Swati
    April 24, 2014 / 10:12 pm

I am too a big fan of bright lipsticks and lipglosses. I liked the MAC & Sleek one. Nice collection and still more to come…wow..waiting for that.

27. Harshitha
    April 24, 2014 / 10:13 pm

Omg such lovely makeup..could you do this winged liner video tutorial.?? I just cant get it right like you..

28. April 24, 2014 / 10:26 pm

Undoubtedly the most amazing lipstick post I’ve seen. You look so gorgeous in all the pics and your top screams summer! I’m hunting for a yellow top too πŸ™‚
    I love Party Parrot, thanks sooo much for mentioning the dupe. And Violet Crush is a pretty amazing and unique shade. I can’t believe there will be 2 more parts to this post!!! More bright, beautiful lipsticks <3
    I think Rimmel Kate Moss #20, Maybelline Bold Mat-2 are really nice bright lipsticks.

• April 29, 2014 / 1:14 pm

Thank you Lana! I feel very summery wearing this yellow top πŸ™‚ Thanks for adding your recommendations too!

29. reena
    April 24, 2014 / 10:46 pm

can u please recommend a dupe for estee lauder “violet crush”?

its so pretty! thanks!

• April 29, 2014 / 1:14 pm

Hey Reena, sorry haven't found a dupe for it yet!

30. April 25, 2014 / 1:23 am

Okay I like soo many.. now I am confused and cannot pick a favourite πŸ˜€ Loved them all!

31. April 25, 2014 / 3:09 am

Wow! Nice Picks Anks! I love party parrot a lot myself. My latest crush is Guerlain Rouge G geneva and Rose grenat! πŸ™‚

32. Tanu
    April 25, 2014 / 7:33 am

Lovely collection! All the shades r gorgeous tho I loved MAC party parrot & EL Violet one the most!

33. prachi
    April 25, 2014 / 9:22 am

omg such a cute post , first u look awsom in all pics …. as always no doubt … but so many cute pics at a time … πŸ™‚ and all shades are nice for u but all are bright … and i feel is it good for dark skin like me??? πŸ™ .. actually i love dark colors ..when i am in full heavy makeup i use some bright colors … right now i forgot whole name of lipstics but i have one loreal total red color lipstics , one chambor tango red(liitle bit orange shade) and recently i brought pink lipstick from colorbar … πŸ™‚
    from ur post i like chambor one and inglot lipstick … and i am planning to buy chamor pink shade …is it good for dark skin ????

• April 29, 2014 / 1:17 pm

Hi Prachi, the Chambor one has blue undertones so it wouldn't look very natural on duskier skin. But it is a nice color and if you want to try it out, do go ahead! Some people like the slight contrast but my recommendation would be to go for deeper fuchsia or bright berry pink – I feel it'll look nicer.

34. Rimmy
    April 25, 2014 / 10:12 am

I loved Mac party parrot, haven’t tried it yet though. Lately i am wearing a lot of Mac girl about town. πŸ™‚
    Can you please suggest how can i make my lipstick last long..apart from MAC nothing stays put on my lipsss…. sigh πŸ™‚

• April 29, 2014 / 1:18 pm

Hi Rimmy, you can blot the lips with a tissue and reapply the color. Layering the colors helps in making it last longer. Using a tiny bit of translucent powder over also helps in locking in the color!

35. April 25, 2014 / 10:58 am

oh wooooooow.i really loved it..I will buy party Parrot…nice compilation..

36. April 25, 2014 / 4:11 pm

The Chambor one is fab! Will pick it up next time!
    My fav bright lipstick is Maybelline 14hr in Eternal Rose but am not a fan of its texture. Even Revlon Matte Balm is Unapologetic is my fav!

37. mailmebyramya
    April 25, 2014 / 4:19 pm

gr8.. collection.. i love 2 own revlon really red.its so hott on u πŸ™‚

38. April 25, 2014 / 9:11 pm

wow what a compilation πŸ™‚

39. April 27, 2014 / 12:27 am

wow!! all the shades look gorgeous on you Ankita! I am definitely picking up party parrot after reading this post πŸ™‚

40. Brindha
    April 27, 2014 / 4:21 pm

Could you please do a breakdown of the products used for the eye and face makeup.You look super cute in all the pics and the eye makeup goes so well with all the bright lippies.

• April 29, 2014 / 1:44 pm

I'm wearing Kate Powderless foundation (a Japanese brand) here with some Kate gold eye shadows on the lid, Bourjois Mega Liner, L'Oreal False Lash telescopic Mascara. For the cheeks, I layered 2 NYX blushes – Pinched and Rose Garden to get the perfect pink/coral mix that'll work with all the lipsticks I was wearing πŸ™‚

41. serene.simi
    April 28, 2014 / 1:13 am

What blush did u wear? I love the way u have done ur face.

• April 29, 2014 / 1:45 pm

Hey Simi, I used NYX Pinched + NYX Rose Garden blushes!

42. achiever_838
    April 29, 2014 / 3:48 pm

MAC Party Parrot is a beautiful shade….

43. Debjani
    April 30, 2014 / 10:10 pm

wow!!!! u look really awsme!

July 29, 2014 / 6:04 pm

I liked the illamasqua lipstick Eurydice shade … Can u plz tell me where I can get illamasqua in Delhi or Mumbai… M looking for its products…

• August 7, 2014 / 8:14 pm

Hi, illamasqua doesn't have stores in India unfortunately. You can order online from their website though. Though the color is nice, I would not recommend the lipstick because the texture us extremely dry!

• Joo
        August 7, 2014 / 9:29 pm

thanks for saving my pocket money,, i have dropped my plan ,,,

August 29, 2014 / 6:26 pm

Nt a bright lipstick person

46. navpreet.kaur.5070276
    August 29, 2014 / 7:28 pm

Very nice bright collection .every shade looks so perfect on you

47. apeksha
    September 19, 2014 / 9:34 am

You look very beautiful here! Yellow suits you very much!