Few weeks back, I had done a compilation of Everyday Nude lipsticks which was a big hit with so many of you! Since you had requested more such compilations, I thought of doing one for Bright lipsticks. Spring/Summer is the time to whip out the juicy corals, oranges, pinks and hot reds and I personally love bright lips! I have a fairly big collection of bright lipsticks so I’ve split up these posts into 3 parts!
Lipsticks featured in this Part 1 are as follows –
- NYX Round Lipstick – Femme ($4.00)
- Chambor Powder Matte Lipstick – Pink Flamingo (Rs 595)
- Inglot lipstick no.234 (Rs 550, may have changed now)
- MAC Matte Lipstick – Party Parrot (LE) (Rs 990)
- Sleek Makeup Lipstick – Candy Cane (close dupe of MAC Party Parrot) ($7.49)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick – Violet Crush (Rs 1750)
- Revlon Matte Lipstick – Really Red (Rs 500)
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick – Fuchsia Graffiti (Rs 955)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick – Red Tango (Rs 1750)
- Illamasqua Lipstick – Eurydice (£18.50)
Color-wise, I love MAC Party Parrot/Sleek Candy Cane (they are very similar), Revlon Really Red and Estee Lauder Red Tango. These shades really brighten up my face. I also like Chambor Pink Flamingo – its a very different color and looks much nicer in person. Illamasqua Eurydice is a true hot pink but has the worst formula – its VERY dry. NYX Femme is again a lovely shade but I don’t like the formula – its too creamy and slippery.
Formula-wise, my favorite would be Bourjois Rouge Edition and Estee Lauder Pure Color Red Tango. Both are very smooth in application, super pigmented, hydrating and comfortable with a long wear time!
[note color=”#FFE4C4″]Which lipsticks did you like the most? What are your favorite bright lipsticks? Share your comments below! [/note]