Beauty Chat : How much would you spend on a mascara?

[note color=”#FFEECA”]While splurging on base makeup like foundations, concealer and general powder products (because they last long) can be considered an investment, spending too much on a mascara feels like a waste. Unless they give you super amazing results! Mascaras cannot be used for more than 3-4 months and they tend to dry up as well. I don’t generally buy high end mascaras but after trying out a travel sample of the Shiseido Perfect defining Volume mascara, I’m really tempted to splurge! (it gives amazing volume!)

Do you think high end mascaras are worth it? How much would you spend on a mascara? Let me know in the comments below! [/note]

High end mascaras

High end mascaras

1. October 23, 2013 / 4:40 am

For a beauty blogger like you, the splurge might be well worth it as you can use for your tutorials and looks. 🙂 But for some1 like me who goes on a date with mascara once in a while, I can't afford to spend too much…dries up and not safe to use either after six months! 🙁

2. Yasmeen
    October 23, 2013 / 4:26 pm

200/-

3. October 23, 2013 / 4:32 pm

I’m currently loving Maybelline ones!! I don’t invest too much on mascaras since I have thick lashes, I coat ’em rarely!!

4. October 23, 2013 / 4:45 pm

I wouldn’t spend anything. I use mascara only sometimes and I have so many of those sample/travel sized ones that I don’t need to buy 😉 Though I don’t mind spending that much on eye pencils.

5. October 23, 2013 / 4:48 pm

Although I want to buy high end mascaras like Lancome and Dior, I dont do that .. I like spending on foundations and concealers. But if have extra cash i’ll not mind spending on a mascara

6. October 23, 2013 / 5:11 pm

Well, that depends on the quality of the product! If it is worth the price tag I usually don’t mind. I have been splurging on mascaras a lot lately 😀

7. October 23, 2013 / 5:16 pm

I think I will always go for Maybelline Mascaras!! They have always worked for me. I have tried clinique but I didn’t quite like it a lot. It does the job but nothing that a drugstore mascara won’t do. Other than Maybelline, I guess even Body Shop Mascaras are decent enough.

8. October 23, 2013 / 5:25 pm

around4-500.. but i recently bought the million lasehes mascara..:D

9. Divya
    October 23, 2013 / 5:35 pm

I have spent almost 2000 for the Dior show mascara after debating for long and i am so glad i did,it was absolutely worth it…now sadly it’s dried had to throw it out! Want to get a another Dior one,when I have some extra money will definately pick it up. In the meantime maybelline will do!

10. Prachi
    October 23, 2013 / 6:14 pm

Up to 1000 bucks:-)

11. October 23, 2013 / 7:08 pm

I dont use macara that often so i would not like to splurge more than 10-15$ plus their shelf life is 3-4 months, so why waste money n something which u vl not be using that often. I can splurge on skincare and base makeup!

12. Srividya
    October 23, 2013 / 7:38 pm

Max 300 bucks…Currently i am using lakme Curling mascara.

13. Jigisha
    October 23, 2013 / 8:00 pm

Ne amount as long as it gives amazing results.. I just took guerlain cils d enfer n i must say its amazing

14. October 23, 2013 / 8:26 pm

I prefer using Maybelline or other drugstore mascara since I don’t use it more den a month.

15. Nishi
    October 23, 2013 / 8:47 pm

hei..ankita….thnks to ur review that i bought maybelline colossal volume express mascra..which costed me 330..and im trully loving it….its budget friendly yet very effectiv as they dnt last long..
    i have one request could u do a review on budget serums for styling or regular use want to buy one but confused

16. October 23, 2013 / 8:56 pm

I spend 500-700 bucks. I feel mascara is something i just cant miss out…as it helps make my lashes curled and eyes look bigger and beautiful. I have not tried any high end mascara as yet but may be in near future.

17. October 23, 2013 / 9:25 pm

I would splurge on chanel/YSL mascara because no matter what I love playing with my eyes! I also like maybelline colossal mascara toooo

18. October 23, 2013 / 9:55 am

I have used clinique mascaras initially but throwing them once in 4 months was a pain..now I use loreal million lashes mascara which costs 7$ in walmart..discarding 7$ mascara isnt painful

19. October 23, 2013 / 11:54 am

I never knew importance of mascara until I used benefit bad gal from my aunt's stash…n I was stunned by the results…if m satisfied with the results then I won't mind splurging on any cosmetic…I don't know the exact price of bad gal in india but I got it for $25..

20. October 24, 2013 / 1:10 am

I am happy with my Maybelline Mascaras. For special occasions I would use false eyelashes…I would rather invest more in the false lashes than mascara…

21. October 24, 2013 / 3:59 am

Around 500. not more than that. I quite like the maybelline ones. Great value for money.

22. Ruchi
    October 24, 2013 / 12:36 pm

Well, Mascara has become a staple part of my makeup routine, and i feel incomplete without it. I have used Deborah Absolute Hi-Tech Mascara, and now using Max factor False Lash Effect. ANd next in-line would be Loreal I guess, so for me its 700-1000.

23. Ashwini
    October 24, 2013 / 12:41 pm

Mascaras are not my top priority spending-wise. I own two- a Lakme Eyeconic Curling mascara and a Maybelline Hypnose Vibrating Mascara, and I’m content with these. I wouldn’t spend a lot on mascaras since it’s not something which visibly looks different on me – I don’t really see any difference among the mascaras I use (unlike lipsticks and eyeliners whose colors I keep altering).

24. October 24, 2013 / 3:32 pm

Hi,
    I am beauty obsessed and use mascara every single day to work and every weekend even for going out to the shops etc. Even then i always buy drugstore/pharmacy brands. I have bought 2 high end mascaras before for special occasions and they have both dried within 4 months. I dont know how. MAC and YSL ($50) ouchh! Maybelline and max factir and way better in quality than any other mascaras out there and i have been using them since 10 years now.

Love and lipstick,
    Sumaiya

25. neha
    October 24, 2013 / 7:12 pm

not more than 250 bucks …

26. Christina
    October 25, 2013 / 1:07 am

Lancome Hypnose is so worth it but for me not worth it cause only dogs will see my lashes. and Shiseido is a brand that is extremely cruel to animals. The testing is just horrid. U gotta draw a line somewhere…

27. October 25, 2013 / 6:31 am

Though I know its something I cant use for more than a month or so, I tend to splurge on mascaras. My fav are benefit they’re real, Lancome defincils and Buxom!

28. October 26, 2013 / 11:49 am

i do splurge on mascaras ….currently im loving benefit theyre real mascara…it is worth the money ……:))

29. October 27, 2013 / 12:12 am

I am currently using my bourjois volume fast and perfect mascara after seeing it on pixiwoo. It's fabulous. It has a rotating wand and it seems I don't hav to do anything- the mascara does it all by itself. You should definitely try it since u do so many make up tutorials. Though it's a bit pricey, it instantly glams up ur look. M lovin it .