There was a very special event at Lakmé Fashion Week today wherein Internationally Acclaimed Makeup Artist Natasha Nishcol (now part of the Lakme panel of experts) demonstrated 2 beautiful makeup looks on Sarah Jane Dias (Actress, Model, Former Miss India).
Keeping in with the international beauty trends for the Autumn/Winter 2013, Natasha created a Stained Red lip look for the Day and a decadent 40s inspired Glamorous look for the Night. She used all Lakme products to create these 2 looks and here’s the breakdown of the Stained Red lip ~
How to create Red Lips by Day Look :
– The focus of this look is the Red mouth. But instead of a very painted, strong lip, Natasha created a soft, stained look using fingers to dab the product. This not only makes it more wearable but also gives it a more fresh and modern feel.
– Natasha prepped Sarah’s face with the Lakme CC cream in shade Bronze and set it with the Lakme Absolute Wet and Dry compact in shade Almond Honey.
– For the eyes, Natasha used the Lakme Absolute Baked eye shadow duo – Day Shimmer. She used the lighter shade on the lid and the darker shade along the crease line.
– To add some definition, she used the Lakme Absolute Invisible Shine Line eye liner in Black to draw a very thin line along Sarah’s upper lash line. She then used the Lakme Absolute Flutter Secrets Mascara on the top and bottom lashes to open up the eyes.
– For the lips, Natasha used one of the new products – the Lakme Absolute Creme Lipstick in shade Runway Red. She dabbed the lipstick onto the lips and then used her finger to soften, blend and mattify the color. She also blotted down the color with a tissue to create a stained look.
– To finish off the look, Natasha swept some soft coral pink blush – Lakme Absolute Baked Blusher Day blushes – along the apples of Sarah’s cheeks to give a bit of healthy fresh glow to the skin.
The Summary of the Look ~
Stay Tuned for the breakdown of the Glamorous Night Makeup look! [next post]
[note color=”#FFEECA”]The overall look definitely has a touch of glamour because of the red lip but its still quite simple and wearable! Being quite fond of soft defined eyes and bright lips, I loved this look! I think this will work great for the day time – the soft eyes, the velvety matte skin complement the red lip perfectly. What do you think of this look? Would you wear it? Share your comments below! [/note]