This week’s tutorial is a soft brown smokey eye look that you can easily wear during the day time. I wanted to create a look that is work appropriate as well so I’ve used quite long wearing products here. I’ve used L’oreal Paris Base Magique Primer + Lakme Absolute Mattreal Mousse foundation. This is a great combination for oily skin. I can go without touch ups for 6 hours easily when I wear this (and I have quite oily skin during the summers!).
You can adapt the look to suit your complexion and style. I’ve not done a very pale lip as it doesn’t suit me but if you love nude lips, you can pair these eyes with your favorite nude lipstick. Using a lip liner underneath all over the lip will ensure long lasting lip color. And lastly, my top tip for day wear smokey eyes – do not use black eye shadow! And if you want to keep it really soft, keep the waterline kohl-free like I’ve done here, just use some brown shadow along the lower lashes.
List of Products used :
1. L’Oreal Paris Base Magique Primer (Reviewed)
2. Lakme Absolute Mattreal Mousse – Golden Medium (Reviewed)
3. MAC Pro Longwear concealer – NC42 (Reviewed)
4. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder – 009 Amber
5. Avon Ideal Luminous Blush – Earthen Rose (Reviewed)
1. L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Kohl
2. Inglot Rainbow Refill eye shadow – 107R (dark brown shade)
3. Avon Ideal Luminous Blush – Earthen Rose (crease)
4. Colorbar Zoom and Whoosh Mascara
5. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder – 009 Amber (browbone)
1. MAC Spice Lip pencil (base) (Reviewed)
2. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter – Pink Truffle (Reviewed)