Have you ever regretted a beauty purchase?

MAC Metal-X cream eye shadow : Gold Carbon

MAC Metal-X cream eye shadow : Gold Carbon

[note color=”#FFE4C4″]Yes! I regret buying L’Oreal Paris True Match Liquid foundation – it is so difficult to blend, always gives a patchy finish. But looks good in pictures so I don’t wholly regret it! Another product I regret buying is MAC Metal-X cream eye shadow – the color was nice but the staying power was just so poor! I picked it up when I’d gone to Malaysia in Dec 2011, it had just launched there. I picked it up without reading any reviews – bad decision!

I’m sure there are other things I regret buying as well but these are the topmost on my mind!

What about you? Have you ever regretted a beauty purchase? Share yours in the comments! [/note]

1. Nandini
    March 12, 2013 / 11:37 am

Mine would be the Sephora nano eye liners. I bought them in three different colors and all of them turned out to be equally hopeless. Won’t sharpen properly,poor staying power.
    Also, the much hyped Maybelline Hooked On Pink lipstick. It’s just so bright on me. Makes me look like a clown. So now I stick to the Dia Mirza rule.. ‘Stay away from bright lippies’.

2. March 12, 2013 / 11:38 am

Oh yes.. there are many things I regret purchasing..
    Like the maybelline bb cream.. It looked terrible on me..

also many lipstick shades that look perfect in the store while swatching but look horrible on my lips..

3. March 12, 2013 / 12:09 pm

I regret buying MAC eyeshadow Oomph! Though it’s really a beautiful shade the texture is so dry and hard that it’s so difficult to apply and it has a very poor pigmentation. I also regret buying Revlon Colorstay Soufle foundation which my husband got for me from US, it looks so cakey and heavy on my face:-(

4. March 12, 2013 / 12:16 pm

I hated the Garnier BB cream. It opened up to such rave reviews, that I was excited to have bought a product like that. But in three hours flat, my face turns so oily! Its such a disappointment.

5. March 12, 2013 / 12:21 pm

hated buying maybelline eye quads : too chalky, streetwear mineral foundation : too too horrible, some frosty lipsticks that looked good on swatches but turned horribly on lips.

6. March 12, 2013 / 12:53 pm

i normally do a lot of reasearch before buying any high end stuff, and try it so many time before i make my final purchase, so nothing in high end. but I hate Lakme products , they always disappoint me. Then colorbar nail paint :-/

7. Niks
    March 12, 2013 / 1:40 pm

Colorbar nail paints – My nails stain badly coz of that
    Colorbar triple compact – It caught fungus
    Oriflame body butters
    Vlcc kajal
    All lipsticks that I bought! Nothing suits me πŸ™

8. March 12, 2013 / 1:54 pm

Half of the things i own… πŸ˜› all lakme products turned dud fr me.. some lipsticks turns simply dull or mismatch my lip color and skin tone… i feel eating up them in anger.. πŸ˜›

9. Jigishah
    March 12, 2013 / 2:13 pm

Sad but true..it’s mac prep prime eye primer (creases like crazy) and mac es beauty marked..beautiful in the pan bt a monster to apply and blend

10. Kirthi
    March 12, 2013 / 3:10 pm

I regret buying Maybelline mousse liquid foundation…so difficult to blend.
    Also the mousse blush…less color more shimmer πŸ™

11. Gagan
    March 12, 2013 / 4:19 pm

The one thing which I did not like is Mac Paint pot in rose pink color. Everytime I use it, it creases, cakes, what not.. and if I use a powder eye shadow over it, across the lash line, the color from paint pot flakes up and the whole thing looks gritty, flaky, horrible! And since I am not bad at doing my makeup otherwise, so it must be the paint pot!

12. March 12, 2013 / 5:44 pm

I hate the Colorbar velvet matte lipsticks for the stain they leave… but I like the colors…yet I plan to buy the obsessed orange solely for the color…

13. March 12, 2013 / 6:10 pm

L’oreal infallible lipstick …its sticky, drying . finish is plain and uneven and literally not good enough for 900 rs.I have it in Always apricot.
    And some other stuff in skincare..products which do not do what they claim

14. Vidishaa
    March 12, 2013 / 8:48 pm

I regret buying Maybelline bb cream, Maybelline express finish nail colors & some Streetwear cosmetics.

15. March 13, 2013 / 6:03 pm

I hated Colorbar I define eyeliner pencils.

16. March 14, 2013 / 12:09 pm

i regret buying body shop skin care products
    they didnt do any effect on me plus they break me out
    boooo

17. March 19, 2013 / 8:56 am

I regretted buying lippies just coz they look nice on someone else or on blogs. I have tons of them lying unused coz they look ridiculous on me πŸ™

18. April 21, 2013 / 11:51 am

Garnier the yellow dabba creams….they did nothing and left my face greasy!

19. Phanaar
    May 13, 2013 / 12:11 pm

Mac paint pots are the absolute worst, I bought loads of them in a go & they dried out so quickly ! & I did take pretty good care of them,too.so yes, gorgeous colours those, but hideous formula πŸ™

& the mac studio tech foundation , the lady at mac identified me as NC25, the color looks quite orange-y in the pan, I need to buff it a lot for it to look good on me & the formula is drying ( I have dry skin ) Chanel vitalumiere & MUFE foundations are way better, they are sheer & moisturising πŸ™‚

August 26, 2014 / 3:52 pm

inglot AMC foundation,, it creates wrinkle feel on my face,,, hate it badly… another factor is wrong shade…