Today I’m reviewing my favorite budget makeup remover – the Lakme Absolute Bi-Phased makeup remover which I’ve been using since the past few months.
Price : Rs 210 for 60 ml
Buy online HERE.
What Lakme says about the Product :
ONE PRODUCT. TWO FUNCTIONS.
• A unique formulation of oil & water.
• The oil phase lifts off make-up, while the water phase refreshes and conditions skin without leaving any stickiness.
• Dermatologically tested.
WHY USE A MAKE-UP REMOVER?
• A make-up remover is designed to break down and rinse away chemicals in make-up that ordinary soaps and face-washes can’t.
• It gently takes off all kinds of make-up from the face, even the water-proof ones.
• Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers, its effective bi-phase formula effortlessly removes all traces of make-up from the face. Leaving skin feeling fresh and hydrated.
HOW TO USE
• Shake gently to activate the formulation.
• Apply on a cotton pad and sweep gently over the make-up in a soft, circular motion.
• Wash your face with lukewarm water after removing your make-up, finish with a good moisturizer.
My take on the Product
Like many other pieces from the Lakme Absolute range, I’m a huge fan of this product! For starters, I love the packaging. Not only does it look really nice, the spray pump is really easy to use and controls the quantity of product dispensed. Because of this, the quantity is utilized really efficiently and a 60 ml bottle can easily last you about 2.5-3 months (when you use it 5-6 times a week, 2-3 pumps on a cotton pad each time). With regular bottles (without a pump) – like the Maybelline makeup remover, I always end up with a cotton pad completely soaked in the product while removing the makeup, which is why the remover gets over quite soon.
The product itself is bi–phased i.e it has an oil component and a water component. You need to shake the bottle before use to mix the 2 layers and then use it. The oil component of this remover is really light and non–greasy and even though it leaves a thin film on the skin, it can be easily wiped off. It is super effective in cleaning makeup, removes the most stubborn of long stay lipsticks/eyeliners and waterproof mascara in just 2-3 swipes. It does not sting my eyes, does not dry the skin and doesn’t make the eyes cloudy if it gets inside. It can be used all over the face though if you have oily skin like mine, you’d need to follow up with a face wash as it leaves a light film behind. Nevertheless, it has never clogged pores or caused me any breakouts. It has am mild, refreshing scent which doesn’t linger. Overall, I love everything about this product! It removes makeup effectively without the need for harsh rubbing and tugging, doesn’t sting the eyes and lasts for a long long time! I’m on my second bottle now and I think I’m going to stick to this one! In its price range, it is the best product I’ve tried!
Long stay kohl, eye pencil, waterproof mascara and long stay lipstick ~
After 1st Swipe with cotton soaked in 2 pumps of remover ~
After 2nd Swipe with cotton soaked in 2 pumps of remover ~
After 3rd Swipe with cotton soaked in 2 pumps of remover ~
The GOOD about Lakme Absolute Bi-Phased Makeup Remover :
- Great packaging – controls amount dispensed hence bottle lasts a long time
- Light, non-greasy texture
- Doesn’t sting the eyes
- Doesn’t make the eyes cloudy
- Removes all long stay makeup effectively
- Not harsh on the lashes/skin
- Can be used all over the face
- Affordably priced!
The NOT-SO-GOOD about Lakme Absolute Bi-Phased Makeup Remover :
- If using all over the face, you’d need to follow with a face wash as it leaves a thin film behind.
Overall, I love everything about this product! It removes makeup effectively without the need for harsh rubbing and tugging, doesn’t sting the eyes and lasts for a long long time! I’m on my second bottle now and I think I’m going to stick to this one! In its price range, it is the best product I’ve tried! Highly recommended!
Rating : 4.9/5
Buy online HERE.
[note color=”#FFE4C4″]Have you tried the Lakme Absolute Bi-Phased Makeup remover? Which is your favorite makeup remover? Share your comments below! [/note]