Revlon Matte Lipstick Really Red is one of my favorite reds! I have quite a few reds but none of them look as richly ‘red’ and true as this one! I generally pick cool toned reds and I ended up with this warm red as it was a free gift with some other purchases. I have previously worn this shade in my Festive makeup look HERE.
In this look, I’ve paired this stunning red with neutral eyes and cheeks using the Clinique palette I received with my December Vellvette box. I’m not entirely happy with the texture of the powders in this palette especially the blush which is quite powdery and looks ashy on my skin. I’ll be swatching and reviewing this palette in full detail soon.
Products used for the eyes :
- MAC Technakohl eye liner : Brownborder
- Clinique eye shadows : Lighter shade (all over lid, browbone, inner corner), Darker shade (outer corner, along lower lash line)
- Inglot eye lash curler
- Rimmel london Scandal Eyes mascara
Products used for the Face :
- Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup : Warm Golden
- Ben Nye Luxury Powder : Cameo
- Blush from Clinique Palette
These pictures have been taken without flash. If you notice, the Revlon Whipped Creme Makeup doesn’t quite make the skin look as flawless without flash. Don’t know what I’m talking about? See the previous FOTD with the same foundation with flash.
The Clinique blush has a bit of sheen to it but instead of making the skin glow, it looks ashy on my skin and highlights the pores. Not happy!
Products used for the Lips :
- Bourjois Lip liner : Rouge Soyeux
- Revlon Matte lipstick : Really Red
- Inglot Lip liner brush
[note color=”#FFE4C4″]What kind of eye makeup do you like to wear with red lips? Which is your favorite red lipstick? Share your comments below! [/note]
Also read :