Posted by Corallista | Posted in Eyes, Festive makeup, Looks, Maybelline, Tutorials | Posted on 10-12-2012
Tags: beauty blog, best maybelline products india, budget makeup india, budget makeup products india, EOTD, eye makeup, eye makeup for brown eyes, eye makeup for red lips, eye makeup tutorial, eye makeup tutorial for beginners, eye shadow, eyes, FOTD, gold eye makeup, gold eye makeup for red lips, gold eye makeup tutorial, gold eye makeup tutorial for indian skin, how to do eye makeup, how to do makeup for party, how to get glowing skin for party, indian beauty blog, indian makeup, indian makeup blog, lipstick, makeup, makeup for brown eyes, makeup for indian skin, makeup products, makeup tutorial beginners, makeup tutorial with pictures, makeup tutorial with steps, maybelline, maybelline dark red lipstick, maybelline pleasure me red, maybelline red lipstick, maybelline red lipstick for indian skin, party eye makeup for brown eyes, party makeup, party makeup for indian skin, pleasure me red, pleasure me red lipstick, red gold makeup for indian skin, red lipstick, red lipstick for indian skin, red lipstick makeup, red lipstick party makeup
Today I’m doing a festive gold eyes-red lips makeup look and tutorial using Maybelline products. Red-gold is a classic combination that pairs well with ethnic as well as western outfits. With the bridal season in full swing and the Christmas/New Year parties coming up, this look can be worn for any evening event.
Hope you like the look, don’t forget to leave your comment below!
Maybelline products used for this look :
- Maybelline Colossal Kajal
- Maybelline Diamond Glow eye shadow quad – Copper crush (darkest shade)
- Maybelline Diamond Glow eye shadow quad – Copper crush (Warm gold shade)
- Maybelline Diamond Glow eye shadow quad – Copper crush (highlighter shade)
- Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara
- Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation : Nude Light 4
- Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick : Pleasure me Red
Step 1 : Start by applying a thick line using the Colossal Kajal on the upper lash line.
Step 2 : Soften the line using a pointed brush (Coastal Scents pointed crease brush).
Step 3 : Using a fluffy dense brush (like Faces Canada brush), apply shade no. 2 from the quad in the outer corner and crease as shown.
Step 4 : Using the sponge tip applicator (wide end) of the quad, apply shade no. 3 from the quad all over the remaining part of the lid.
Step 5 : Using the narrow end of the sponge tip applicator of the quad, apply the highlighter- shade marked no. 4 from the quad in the inner corner+ tear duct. Apply the same shade under the brows using a fluffy blending brush like MAC 222.
Step 6 : Using the narrow end of the sponge tip applicator of the quad, apply the dark brown (shade marked no. 2) from the quad on the lower lash line concentrating on the outer half.
Step 7 : Using a blending brush, soften the eye shadows in the crease and blend the gold and brown to get a seamless gradient. I used MAC 217 brush for this.
Step 8 : Finish the look with a coat of Colossal Mascara on upper and lower lashes!
I have skipped liner and kajal here to keep the eyes very soft and subtle. If you’re used to wearing either, you can go ahead and use it here but make sure it is subtle because the red lips are the focus of this look.
For the Face ~
- Moisturize skin well and apply primer if you like.
- Apply foundation all over the face and neck using fingers or brush (I used Inglot 21T foundation brush) and blend till there are no patches. Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse foundation gives a medium coverage with a semi-matte finish which looks very natural.
- Set the foundation with powder. I have only powdered my T-zone area keeping the cheeks slightly dewy.
- Next apply a dusty warm pink or peach brush of your choice to the apples of the cheeks. I have a brownish pink shade from Ben Nye Cream blush wheel. Make sure you choose a natural color and keep the intensity low.
- Finish off the face by dabbing a small amount of highlighter (shade no. 4 from the eye shadow quad used here) on the cheekbones for some added glow! The shade is a soft golden color that will work beautifully with Indian skin.
Complete the look with a statement red lips using Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick in Pleasure me Red. If you want a bolder, fire engine red, go for the shade Fatal Red from the same range!
The finished look ~
Also read :