Kareena Kapoor‘s Retro look in the song Muskaanein Jhoothi Hain from the movie Talaash has grabbed quite a few eyeballs. I loved everything about the look ~ the winged liner with heavy lashes, the softly sculpted cheekbones and the gorgeous lip color of course! The overall look is glamorous and bold yet it doesn’t look heavy or painted. I love the luminousity in the whole look (great lighting of course!).
I decided to recreate this look today and while the eyes turned out quite well, I couldn’t get the lip color perfectly!
Here are the products I used for this look :
- Urban Decay Primer potion : Sin (champagne)
- Inglot eye shadow : DS 463
- Dark matte brown shade from Maybelline Chai latte quad
- L’oreal Paris black gel liner
- MAC Chromagraphic pencil NW15/NC20 (on waterline)
- Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara
- False lashes from kkcenterhk.com
- MAC Matchmaster foundation no. 3
- Revlon Age defying spa illuminator : Bare Light
- Bourjois Paris Delice de Poudre bronzing powder : no. 52
- MAC Fleur Powder blush
The lip color is a complicated story! I first started with a coat of Sleek pout paint in Port. I then applied a layer of MAC Runway Red followed by MAC Rebel. It looked fairly good in person but too pink in the pictures. To darken it, I applied some kohl on the back of my hand and using a brush, applied it to the lips to darken the overall color. It became a little too dark 😐 I then applied some more MAC Rebel to make it look more purplish. The final color is what you see in the images.
I think Rimmel lasting Finish lipstick in Cutting Edge and MAC Rebel (used alone by themselves) are close but not identical to the color Kareena is wearing. We can’t forget digital altering and all the lighting that goes into movies!
Cynthia of Indian Vanity Case also created this lip color by mixing a few from her stash, love how it turned out! See her look HERE.
[note color=”#FFE4C4″]Hope you liked the look! Don’t forget to drop your comments below! [/note]
Also read :