Skincare Wednesday : My Current Skin Care Routine

My skin has been getting quite dry lately (from its usual oily self!) so I made some changes in my skin care routine to add some hydration and glow to my skin. Some of these products are recent additions so its early to tell how my skin is reacting to them but the dryness at least is taken care of for now!

Here’s my current skin care routine –

Skin care Wednesday : My Current Skin Care Routine

Skin care Wednesday : My Current Skin Care Routine

Day time skin care routine

My Current Day time Skin Care Routine

My Current Day time Skin Care Routine

• Vichy Purete Thermale Purifying Foaming Water (Cleanser) (Rs 490)
  • Neutrogena Deep Clean Blackhead Eliminating Toner (Rs 340)
  • L’Oreal Paris Youth Code Luminize Serum (Rs 1499)
  • Ponds Gold Radiance Ultra Rich Day cream (Rs 899)
  • Organic Surge eye gel (Rs 825)
  • Lakme Sun Expert SPF 50 sunscreen (Rs 350)

Night Time skin care routine

My Current Night time Skin Care Routine

My Current Night time Skin Care Routine

• Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel (makeup remover) (Rs 1400)
  • Neutrogena Deep Clean Blackhead Eliminating Toner (Rs 340)
  • L’Oreal Paris Youth Code Luminize Serum (Rs 1499)
  • Ponds Gold Radiance Youth Reviving eye cream (Rs 599)
  • Avon Anew Rejuvenate Night Cream (Rs 790)

I’m also using the Vichy Purete Thermale Softening Exfoliating Cream Scrub about 4 times a week :

Vichy Purete Thermale Softening Exfoliating Cream ~ Review

Vichy Purete Thermale Softening Exfoliating Cream

[note color=”#FFE4C4″]The Clarins gel, Vichy Cleanser, Scrub, Avon night cream and Ponds Gold Radiance eye cream are brilliant! The others are recent additions so I can’t tell how well they are working. Once I’m done with these moisturizers, I’m planning to try The Body Shop Vit E range, I think my skin is going to get drier as we enter the winters. I also wanted to try the new Neutrogena Wave cleanser but I think it might be too harsh for my skin in the current conditions.

Have you tried any of these products? What skin care products are you using currently? [/note]

1. October 24, 2012 / 1:35 pm

I am also currently trying the Youth Code Luminosity Serum and Cream, so cannot say much, but am liking them so far and yes they do give some instant glow I feel..
    I tried the VIT E eye cream and did not like it much, will be reviewing it on my blog tomorrow. You can check if you want to ..

October 24, 2012 / 1:37 pm

Ohh! I was thinking of trying the face moisturizers from TBS Vit E, have you tried those? I’ve heard the eye cream is not that great. Try the Ponds gold radiance one, its good!

• dr_rashmi
        October 24, 2012 / 1:38 pm

TBS vit E is good for hydration… but just that… nothing else 🙂

• October 24, 2012 / 3:34 pm

not the face moisturizers, only the eye cream ..I will probably pick the Ponds one, when I am visiting India ..

• ayesha
        October 25, 2012 / 3:55 pm

even i have tried the vit e eye cream from TBS… such a dud!!!
        i am currently using the TBS vit c range and i am totally loving it!

October 26, 2012 / 10:51 pm

I really want to try out the Capsules from the Vit C range! Which product are you using currently from Vit C range?

• Dr_rashmi
            October 27, 2012 / 2:28 pm

i hv used only one product from their vit C range … microdermabrasion … n it was good.. not fabuloso but still quite good… although if yu hv acne yu might want to skip it…

• ayesha
            November 18, 2012 / 1:08 am

so sorry ankita, for such a late reply. just read this today…
            i have been using the capsules, the face wash, scrub, misturiser and the face boost.
            my fav pick is the capsules. i am on my 3rd jar at the moment. i dont think i will be repurchasing any other items though. i mean they are good but nothing spectacular. but the capsules are amazing. the transformed my dull looking skin wonderfully. totally suggest them!

November 18, 2012 / 1:22 am

Thanks Ayesha! I will pick the capsules in some time. Its good to keep using some brightening product every few months!

2. dr_rashmi
    October 24, 2012 / 1:37 pm

hi ankita… how long hv yu been using gold radiance cream… is it any good ?? the serum was a dud :/… also i am planning to buy youth code serum.. please review it asap 🙂

October 26, 2012 / 10:53 pm

Hi Rashmi, its only been 4-5 days since I’ve started using the gold radiance cream so its difficult to tell right now. I will review the Youth Code serum in about 8-10 days. I generally like to use skin care products for at least 4 weeks before I review them 🙂

3. Ish
    October 24, 2012 / 1:53 pm

even my skin is getting very stretchy and dry.. I will start using clinique moisture surge spray and FE youghurt mask …

October 26, 2012 / 10:54 pm

I’ve yet to try anything from FE, hows the yogurt mask?

4. Ish
    October 24, 2012 / 1:55 pm

and am using organic surge eye gel and I love love love it

October 26, 2012 / 10:59 pm

Hey Ish, I find it a little less hydrating for my under eyes but it dries down matte so doesn’t interfere with my eye makeup which is why I use it in the day time.

5. October 24, 2012 / 2:02 pm

gold radiance sounds promising..youth code is really nice i feel 🙂

6. Richa
    October 24, 2012 / 2:03 pm

Ankita could u review the vichy cleanser?

October 26, 2012 / 11:00 pm

Will review it next week Richa !

7. October 24, 2012 / 2:11 pm

I have recently started Avon Night Cream, so I love it.

October 26, 2012 / 11:28 pm

I like it too, makes the skin really soft and supple!

8. shikha
    October 24, 2012 / 3:13 pm

Hi ankita…em lukin fr a gud nite cream .nt d oily one bt wich smoothen d skin n u feel fresh wen wake up …can u suggest some…my skin is dry in winters n normal in summers…:-)

October 26, 2012 / 11:32 pm

Hey Shikha, you can try the Avon one mentioned above or Lotus Herbals Nutranite cream. I’ve not tried the Lotus one personally but I’ve heard its one. I’m using the Avon one and I love it!

• shikha
        October 27, 2012 / 3:18 pm

Ok thx ..wil try for lotus one…i too heard d gud reviews of dat…

9. October 24, 2012 / 4:31 pm

I wanna try the Youth code….Plz can you review that soon Ankita?! 🙂

October 26, 2012 / 11:38 pm

Hey Ruby, I need some more days to test the product but will review it as soon as I’ve had 4 weeks of use 🙂

10. Rini
    October 24, 2012 / 6:50 pm

The Vichy cleanser looks good, will hunt it down! Any chance I can get it online? The TBS vit e face cream breaks me out (I have combination to oily skin for most part of the year, but right now even in the dry phases the cream broke me out), so I thought I’d ask you to be cautious…read more reviews on it from varied skin types!

October 27, 2012 / 9:35 am

Hi Rini, the Vichy cleanser is available on many websites. I picked it up from Violetbag. Too bad the cream breaks you out! I’ll read more reviews and then decide!

11. Abinaya
    October 24, 2012 / 7:08 pm

I have EXTREMELY dry skin and I get acne when I change products, so I use the same products all year round. 🙂
    I totally swear by the Vichy Purete Thermale Purifying Foaming Water 🙂 Love it!

October 27, 2012 / 10:48 am

I’m really liking it too 🙂

12. October 24, 2012 / 7:36 pm

Waow Ankz! I am using about 3 products from your skin care range – Neutrogena Deep Clean Blackhead Eliminating Toner, Vichy Purete Thermale Purifying Foaming Water and Organic Surge Eye Gel! Besides I am using Vichy Bi-White Reveal Deep Corrective Whitening Essence and Vichy Bi-White Reveal Double Corrective Whitening Emulsion! And am telling you,,they are working wonders on my skin!! 😀 😀

October 27, 2012 / 1:23 pm

I’ve not tried anything from the Bi-white reveal range yet, good to know its working for you!

13. jigisha
    October 24, 2012 / 8:59 pm

doesnt ur skin feel oily n sticky after using lakme sunscreen? i hate it. just a white layer on my face. it gets wrst if i use makeup after ths..

October 27, 2012 / 1:30 pm

No Jigisha, with the slight dryness in my skin right now, the lakme sunscreen gets absorbed completely. I use a small amount so no white cast.

14. arwa
    October 24, 2012 / 9:46 pm

i have started using morning nectar from biotique and i am loving it. can u suggest me a good scrub for my combination acne prone skin.
    lots of love 🙂

October 27, 2012 / 2:08 pm

You can try Clean and Clear blackhead clearing daily scrub 🙂

15. October 25, 2012 / 12:04 pm

pls review the avon night cream, loreal serum and ponds eye cream na..i too got samples of loreal serum n found it ok but not sure if it works..try using avene’s thermal water spray on face..it takes care of all dry patches..its really mild and fantastic! i use it every day n even after waxing or eyebrows..no more rashes or red patches!

October 27, 2012 / 2:09 pm

Thanks Parita, I’ll try the Avene thermal water!

16. October 25, 2012 / 8:38 pm

First off let me sale you’re absolutely beautiful! Second, when I got this post in my email, a picture of an old lady with very wrinkled face was in the email LOL. It was part of an ad but I laughed so hard!

So, should I have an under eye cream? I have very oily skin as well, I rarely wash my face. I only apply two facial pads one of them is to exfoliate. I had every bad acne from puberty to well into my 20s. Nothing of the counter worked so I seek help from the doctor. Took one year to have radiant, clear skin. I need to find a really good day and night cream since it’s getting colder….

17. Priya
    November 2, 2012 / 12:56 pm

Hi , which is the best online store to order products . I stay in hyderabad

November 2, 2012 / 1:19 pm

I’ve had a good experience with urbantouch.com, healthkart.com, medplusbeauty.com and violetbag.com. Flipkart.com is nice as well!

18. Priya
    November 2, 2012 / 1:02 pm

I suffer a lot from white heads and skin is very sensitive . I don’t use any cosmetics except moisturizer . Recently i purchased maybelline dream liquid mousse foundation . Its a big failure . Please suggest some skin care products and makeup .

Skin Type : Normal (not too oily and dry ) and vey sensitive.
    Skin tone : Fair (yellow), tans badly

November 2, 2012 / 1:18 pm

Hi Priya, you can try the Vichy Purete Thermale range of products. They are meant for sensitive skin and available online at healthkart.com, violetbag.com.

However the best thing would be to consult a dermatologist and use the products he/she would recommend.

• Priya
        November 2, 2012 / 7:02 pm

19. Priya
    November 10, 2012 / 8:35 am

Hi , I brought Aqualia Thermal – Fortifying & soothing 24 hydrating care . Its awesome . I want to try face wash .