Today I’m doing a Festive look which was requested by Bidisha to pair with her Turquoise saree for Durga Puja.
With Indian wear, especially for Festive occasions, kohl rimmed eyes are the way to go! Even though the eyes are quite dramatic here with the metallic bronze and the vibrant turquoise, I opted for a mid-tone brick lip instead of nude. For festive Indian wear, I personally don’t like nude lips, its best to go with a lip shade at last 2 shades darker than your skin tone.
Products used for the eye makeup :
- MAC Smolder eye kohl
- Miss Claire eye shadow no. 231 (pale gold – highlighter)
- Bronze shade from Maybelline Chai latte Quad
- Dark matte brown from Maybelline Chai latte Quad
- Colorbar eye shadow – Flirt (Review HERE)
- L’Oreal paris black gel liner
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara
Step 1 : Moisturize/Prime your eyes. I have used Organic Surge eye gel to hydrate the area. It absorbs into the skin and dries to a matte finish to doesn’t cause eye shadows to crease as heavy creams can do sometimes.
Step 2 : Using you favorite kohl pencil, shade the entire lid area with black kohl. The black will make the eye shadows pop!
Step 3 : Soften the edge of the applied kohl in the socket line using a pointed brush like MAC 219. Apply the pale gold highlighter shade in the inner corner and tear duct area of the eye.
Step 4 : Apply the bronze shade from Maybelline chai latte quad (or any other metallic copper/bronze shade of your choice) on the inner 3/4th of the lid as shown. Do not go beyond the crease line.
Step 5 : Apply the matte dark brown eye shadow in the outer ‘V’ and half way in the crease as shown.
Step 6 : Blend the brown eye shadow applied in the previous step using a fluffy blending brush like MAC 217. Don’t blend too much otherwise the eye shadow will sheer out, just enough that it doesn’t look too sharp.
Step 7 : Line the inner rims of your eyes with black kohl, lower as well as upper waterlines.
Step 8 : Apply some of the matte dark brown eye shadow on the outer 1/4th of the lower lash line.
Step 9 : Apply the turquoise eye shadow on the outer 1/2 of the lid.
Step 10 : Blend the soften the eye shadow applied in the previous step. Line lower lash line (center part) with the same bronze eye shadow used in Step 4.
Step 11 : Line upper lash line with black gel liner. Highlight browbone with the same pale gold eye shadow used in Step 3.
Step 12 : Finish off with a coat of Volumizing Mascara!
Clean up any fall out from under the eyes, apply concealer and fill your brows after doing foundation+powder on the face.
Finished eye makeup :
Products used for the Face :
- Clinique Anti-blemish solutions liquid makeup (Review HERE)
- Clinique blended face powder (Review HERE)
- Bourjois Delice de Poudre bronzing powder no. 52 (to contour jawline and cheeks)
- Miss Claire eye shadow no. 0231 (highlighter- cheekbones)
- MAC Mineralize blush Ring of Saturn (review HERE)
Products used for the lips :
- MAC lipstick Brick-o-la (Review HERE)
- Revlon Colorburst lip gloss Sienna Sparkle
[note color=”#FFE4C4″] Hope you liked the look! If you want to request a look, you can mail me a picture of your outfit and the occasion at email@example.com. [/note]
Also read :