Continuing the series of L’Oreal Paris Infallible Tutorials, today I’m doing an Evening Party Makeup look which has a strong colorful smokey eye in purple/blue and soft rosy lips. Purple and Blue together add a very interesting color shift to the eyes and the heavy kohl makes it perfect for an evening party. The rest of the face is soft and understated to keep the focus on the eyes.
Hope you like the look! Don’t forget to drop your comments at the end of this post!
Products used for the Eyes (as numbered below) :
- L’Oreal Paris Self Advancing eye kohl : Ebony
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible eye shadow : Hourglass Beige (highlighter)
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible eye shadow : Purple Obsession (Lid)
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible eye shadow : Eternal Black (outer corner)
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible eye shadow : All Night Blue (outer lid)
- L’Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible concealer
Step 1 : Apply the Infallible concealer (Review HERE) on the lid and under eye area and blend to cover up all pigmentation.
Step 2 : Tightline the eyes with black kohl pencil Ebony. Lining the upper waterline gives a dense, lush look to the eye lashes.
Step 3 : Apply the kohl pencil on the upper lash line and outer 1/3rd of the lid as shown.
Step 4 : Soften the edges of the applied kohl using the tip of your little finger or a smudging brush.
Step 5 : Apply eye shadow Hourglass Beige (Swatch HERE) in the inner corner of the eye as shown.
Step 6 : Apply eye shadow Purple Obsession (Swatch HERE) all over the lid leaving a small area of the outer corner.
Step 7 : Apply eye shadow Eternal Black (Swatch HERE) to the outer corner as shown.
Step 8 : Apply Eternal Black to the outer 1/4th of the lower lash line.
Step 9 : Blend the black and purple using wind wiper motion with a fluffy blending brush.
Step 10 : Apply eye shadow All Night Blue (review HERE) to the outer half of the lid as shown.
Step 11 : Blend the blue with the purple and black applied in the previous steps. Apply the Purple eye shadow on the lower lash line leaving 1/4th area in the outer corner (where black was applied in Step 8) and the tear duct area.
Finish off with 2 coats of Dramatic Volumizing Mascara like L’Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara (Review HERE).
Clean off any excess/fall outs and fill the brows after the foundation/powder is done on the face.
Finished Eye makeup
I’ve used the same face products that I have used in the previous tutorials ~
For the FACE :
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Foundation
- Clinique Blended face powder
- Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder : Sunkiss Radieux
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Blush : True Rose
- Start by applying a thin layer of foundation concentrating on the areas that really need foundation. I have used my fingers with this foundation to get a thin layer. Read my review of the Infallible Foundation HERE. I like this foundation because the coverage is medium but can be built up if desired and it gives a nice fresh glow to the skin.
- Dust some loose powder on the T-zone and inner cheeks to keep the oil at bay. Oily skinned women should apply it on the entire face.
- Using the Revlon Bronzer, I have very added some definition to the cheek bone and jawline but its very subtle as I wanted the overall look to be soft. Be careful with the contour powder/bronzer, just use a tiny amount of product to add contour/definition.
- Add some fresh color to the cheeks with L’Oreal Paris True Match Blush in True Rose (click for review). This is a sheer blush so one needn’t worry about going overboard in one swipe of the brush. Start by applying the blush on the apples of the cheeks and blend it towards the temples. Keep it soft to complement the heavy colorful eye.
For the LIPS :
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Lipstick Rambling Rose (Reviewed HERE)
The following pics got a bit overexposed hence the pale skin but the purple-blue gradient is nicely visible :
The Finished Look
Also read :