Posted by Corallista | Posted in Looks, Smokey eyes | Posted on 21-08-2012
Tags: blush, earth toned makeup, earthy makeup for everyday wear, EOTD, eye makeup, eye shadow, eyes, FOTD, graduation day makeup, graduation makeup, IIT bombay 50th convocation, IIT Bombay convocation ceremony attire, IIT Bombay convocation outift, indian beauty blog, indian makeup, indian makeup blog, l'oreal paris, lakme, lip gloss, lipstick, loreal paris endless chocolate, MAC, MAC cosmetics India, MAC india, makeup, makeup for college, makeup for convocation, makeup for graduation, makeup for office, makeup for office wear, makeup for white kurta, makeup products, moisturizing lipstick, NARS Amour, NARS Amour blush on indian skin, natural makeup, natural makeup for college, natural makeup for Indian skin, natural toned makeup for office, neutral makeup for office, what to wear with white kurta
I received my B.Tech from IIT-Bombay this weekend and this is the look I wore for my Convocation(as its called at IIT) Ceremony. Unlike the other IITs where the Black Graduation robes are worn, at IIT Bombay we wear white kurta pajama with a colored dupatta (Called Uttariya) for the ceremony. The color of the dupatta for the B.Tech students was a rusty brown. I wore a simple brown smokey eye with a natural earthy lip with my Graduation Outfit.
Since this was the Golden Jubilee Convocation of IIT Bombay, there was a special panel of Chief Guests comprising of the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Chief Minister of Maharashtra Prithviraj Chavan, Governor of Maharashtra, Minister of Human Resource Development Kapil Sibal and Wipro Chairman Azim Premji. Needless to say, the security was really tight and we were not allowed to take cameras inside the hall but I do have some pics of the Convocation Hall which I took from from my phone.
On the day of the convocation, I had barely a few minutes to do my makeup and I created this look in about 10 minutes using the following products :
- Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector
- MAC Matchmaster Foundation
- Clinique Blended Face Powder
- Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing powder
- NARS Blush : Amour
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible eye shadow in Endless Chocolate
- Avon Supershock Mascara
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche lipstick in Nature’s Blush
- Revlon Plumpsexxy lipstick Rose Passion
- Lakme Absolute lip gloss Cherry Shine
- Bobbi Brown long wear gel liner : Caviar Ink (on brows)
Step-wise Breakdown of the look :
- I started by applying Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector all over my face and followed up with MAC Matchmaster Foundation over face and neck. This is my fool proof HG skin perfecting combination! The Clarins illuminator adds life to my skin and the MAC foundation gives a semi-dewy medium coverage natural look.
- Next, I applied Clinique Blended Face Powder all over the face and neck to set the foundation and used Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing powder to lightly add definition to my jawline and cheekbones. As a last step to the face makeup, I added NARS Blush in Amour to the apples of the cheeks and blended it towards hairline.
- For the eyes, I only used L’Oreal Paris Infallible eye shadow in Endless Chocolate – applied it all over the lid and on the outer half of the lower lash line. Blended the edges and followed up with a coat of mascara. This gave me a very soft and beautiful natural smokey eye.
- For the lips, I wanted to use MAC Retro which has a bit of red in it as I didn’t want to use a very nude lip color but in the hurry I could not locate the shade so I just mixed whatever lip colors I could lay my hands on. I first applied L’Oreal Paris Color Riche lipstick in Nature’s Blush but it looked a bit too neutral so I added a little bit of Revlon Plumpsexxy lipstick Rose Passion and finished off with Lakme Absolute lip gloss Cherry Shine. I loved how the lip color turned out in the end!
On my nails, I wore my favorite Nude polish : Colorbar Exclusive no. 20
Despite the hurry and really bad foundation blending using fingers, I liked how the Final Look turned out, I was pretty much how I had wanted it. It was natural enough to be suitable for the occasion and yet had enough amount of color to add natural warmth and glow to the face. I think this look would suit almost any occasion and is office-friendly too. What do you think? What did/would you wear for your Graduation? Share your comments below!
Here are a few pictures from inside the Convocation Hall before the Ceremony Started :
And this is a tired looking me after receiving the Degree (it was a long day! I left home around 12.30, the ceremony started at 3.30 and my turn came after 8.30!)
My 4 years in IIT were very special and memorable. Coming to IIT 4 years ago was my first time away from home and the result of a lot of hard work spanning 3 years in which I had to face health problems/surgery as well. My life in IIT Bombay was much different from what I imagined but nevertheless, very eventful and beautiful for the personal journey it was. I appreciate all of the wishes my lovely followers sent me for this day!
Have a good week ahead everyone