Here’s a quick, simple red lips look I tried out today using some Budget products from my makeup collection.
I hope you like the look! Read on to see the list of products used…
This is not STRICTLY a Budget Makeup look but I have suggested alternatives where I have used slightly pricier products :
- Maybelline BB Cream (Rs 199)
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder (Rs 475) ; Budget Alternative : Lakme Perfect Radiance Powder (Rs 160)
- Lakme Absolute Baked blush Day Blushes (Rs 550) ; Budget Alternative : Faces Blush (Rs 299)
- Faces long wear eye pencil Metal Brown (Rs 249)
- Avon SuperShock Mascara (Rs 385, I picked it up for around Rs 300 on offer)
- Faces Go Chic Lipstick Cooper Red (Rs 199)
The tutorial for this look is pretty simple :
- Start by applying the BB Cream all over your face and neck and blend it with your fingers. Since the BB cream has a light coverage, it gives just the right finish for a natural look. You can use a concealer in the under eye area if you need more coverage. Set the face with compact powder.
- Apply a peachy pink blush on the apples of the cheeks and blend towards the temples.
- Line upper lash line with Faces Metal Brown eye liner pencil. Line waterline 2/3rds of the way in starting from the outer corner of the eye. Using a brush or your little finger, smudge the liner softly onto the lower lash line. You can slightly smudge the liner of the upper lash line too for a softer look. I used The Body Shop Line Softener brush but you can use this using your finger too since this liner sets quickly and doesn’t smudge too much. Finish off by applying Avon Super Shock Mascara on the upper and lower lashes.
- Using a lip brush, apply Faces Go Chic lipstick in Cooper Red all over the lip area.
Finished look :
Tip : For the softer lip, dab the lips with a tissue to remove the lipstick. The lipstick will leave a soft reddish stain behind. Top off this stain with a tinted lip balm like Maybelline Lip Smooth Color in Peach Blossom for a pretty day time lip!
I hope you liked this quick, simple look! Would you like to see more quick, simple looks? Have you tried any of the products used here? Leave your comments below!