Posted by Corallista | Posted in Bridal Makeup, Eyes, Makeup suggestions | Posted on 02-08-2012
Tags: bridal makeup, bridal makeup eye liners, bridal makeup eye shadows, bridal makeup for indian brides, bridal makeup kohl, bronze eye shadow for indian bridal makeup, eye liner, eye makeup, eye makeup for indian bridal makeup, eye pencil, eye shadow, eye shadow swatches, Eye shadows for Indian skin, eyes, gold eye shadow for indian bridal makeup, indian beauty blog, indian bridal makeup, indian bridal makeup inglot, indian bridal makeup inglot eye shadows, indian bridal makeup loreal eye shadows, indian bridal makeup MAC, indian makeup, indian makeup blog, Inglot, Inglot eye shadow swatches, Inglot India, l'oreal paris, long lasting kohl bridal makeup, long wear eye shadows for bridal makeup, loreal paris eye shadow swatches, MAC, MAC cosmetics India, MAC eye shadow swatches, MAC eye shadows for bridal makeup, MAC eye shadows for indian bridal makeup, MAC eye shadows for indian skin, MAC india, makeup, makeup products, swatch
Continuing the Bridal Makeup Series with Eye makeup Recommendations. For Bridal eye makeup, one needs long wearing, well pigmented eye shadows and waterproof/smudgeproof liners and mascara. Its also a good idea to use a good eye primer/base to ensure longevity of the makeup. Here are my recommendations ~
- MAC Paint pot (Rs 1100) : Indianwood(warm gold), Genuine Treasure (shimmery olive-gold), Soft Ochre (nude with yellow undertone), Painterly (nude with pink undertone), Quite Natural (light natural brown). I would personally recommend Indianwood, since it has a gold color, it can be worn alone too.
- NYX HD eye shadow base ($7) : It is a clear primer and works really well! Comes out quite reasonably priced if ordered online from an international website like cherryculture or porkdaisy.
- Lakme Absolute Kohl (Rs 650) : The darkest, longest lasting kohl I’ve tried, so so worth it!
Eye liners :
- MAC Pearlglide eye pencils : Very pigmented, soft and long lasting, this range has very pretty and complex shades with loads of pearl and shimmer. See the review of Undercurrent(green) HERE.
- Chambor Dazzle pencils (Rs 450): Super smooth, creamy and pigmented, these are really long lasting (I own these in 5 shades, love them!)
- Colorbar I-Glide pencils (Rs 350) : I like these for the smooth texture and good staying power though some shades could be better pigmented.
- Faces long wear eye pencils (Rs 249) : The best for the beauties on a budget, they are soft, creamy and stay on well.
- L’Oreal Paris gel liner (Rs 750) : Comparable to MAC gel liner, this is pigmented, creamy and waterproof. Doesn’t flake off or dry up in the tub (the Maybelline one dries up in the tub in a few months). I’d recommend both the black and brown one.
- MAC Fluidlines (Rs 1050) : MAC Fluidlines are known to be excellent. Blacktrack is a good black liner though you could just pick the L’Oreal one.
- Illamasqua Ore ($24) : If you can get your hands on this (can be ordered through Illamasqua website), you will not want to wear anything else! It is a gorgeous antique gold with multi colored shimmer. It looks amazing on the eyes and the gives that lovely sparkle everytime the light hits the eyes!
- MAC Naked (Rs 1350) : Champagne-beige shade, great for highlighting and as as all over lid shade for a subtle eye. Review HERE.
- MAC Old Gold (Rs 1350): Gold-green duochrome, excellent if you’re wearing something with a bit of green in your outfit. Check Swatch HERE.
- MAC Tan (Rs 1350): A warm reddish champagne-brown pigment, Tan looks great as an all over lid wash on Indian skin for a soft neautral metallic eye. Check Swatch HERE.
- MAC Melon (Rs 1350): Peachy-gold, high shimmer finish, this would look as a wash on the eyes for fair complexioned brides. Check Swatch HERE.
- Make Up For Ever pigment no. 902 (Rs 937) : I love this pigment for highlighting. It looks whitish in swatches but when blended out, it gives has a gorgeous gold sheen.
- Make Up For Ever pigment no. 930 (Rs 937): Red tinged copper shade, great for a smokey metallic eye.
MAC Eye shadows :
MAC has the best range when it comes to neutrals! I get a good 6 hours of wear (minimum) with most MAC eye shadows without a primer but for your big day, I would still recommend a primer underneath to keep the shadows from creasing. My recommendations -
- Antiqued (check swatch HERE)
- Bronze (check swatch HERE)
- Plum Dressing
L’Oreal Infallible (Rs 450):
I love these eye shadows, they are super pigmented and really long lasting! Highly highly recommended!
- Forever Pink : Light Pink with a soft golden sheen
- Hourglass Beige : White gold, good for highlighting
- Endless Chocolate : My favorite, gorgeous bronzed chocolate brown! Worn in the Bridal Makeup HERE.
- Burning Black : Smokey Purple, for those who are wearing pink/purple outfits, a touch of purple looks lovely on the eyes. Worn in the Bridal Makeup HERE.
Colorbar Eye shadows (Rs 300) :
These are very reasonable and have a good staying power too! Would recommend a primer underneath though.
- Spicy Brown : Coppery brown, great for a brown smokey eye or all over lid wash. Review HERE.
- Heatwave : Antiqued Olive-gold, beautiful shade! (Review HERE)
- Expensive Pink : Similar to MAC Cranberry
- Gorgeous Gold, Copper Crush
Inglot (Rs 300 for refill) :
Inglot offers a HUGE range of shades, I’ve swatched just a few here. I like the texture and pigmentation, would recommend a primer underneath though.
- AMC Shine 26 : Light gold
- AMC Shine 07 : Peachy gold
- AMC Shine 25 : Warm antique gold
- Pearl 405 : Bronze with pearl
- DS 609 : Rusty brown with gold shimmer
- AMC Shine 12 : Berry brown with gold shimmer
- AMC Shine 21 : Bronzed Chocolate brown with gold shimmer
- 409 Pearl : Taupe-brown with brown pearl
- Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara (Waterproof one) (Rs 330)
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara (Rs 595)
- MAC Zoom fast Black Lash Mascara (Rs 830)
Also read :