Continuing the Bridal Makeup Series with Eye makeup Recommendations. For Bridal eye makeup, one needs long wearing, well pigmented eye shadows and waterproof/smudgeproof liners and mascara. Its also a good idea to use a good eye primer/base to ensure longevity of the makeup. Here are my recommendations ~
- MAC Paint pot (Rs 1100) : Indianwood(warm gold), Genuine Treasure (shimmery olive-gold), Soft Ochre (nude with yellow undertone), Painterly (nude with pink undertone), Quite Natural (light natural brown). I would personally recommend Indianwood, since it has a gold color, it can be worn alone too.
- NYX HD eye shadow base ($7) : It is a clear primer and works really well! Comes out quite reasonably priced if ordered online from an international website like cherryculture or porkdaisy.
- Lakme Absolute Kohl (Rs 650) : The darkest, longest lasting kohl I’ve tried, so so worth it!
Eye liners :
- MAC Pearlglide eye pencils : Very pigmented, soft and long lasting, this range has very pretty and complex shades with loads of pearl and shimmer. See the review of Undercurrent(green) HERE.
- Chambor Dazzle pencils (Rs 450): Super smooth, creamy and pigmented, these are really long lasting (I own these in 5 shades, love them!)
- Colorbar I-Glide pencils (Rs 350) : I like these for the smooth texture and good staying power though some shades could be better pigmented.
- Faces long wear eye pencils (Rs 249) : The best for the beauties on a budget, they are soft, creamy and stay on well.
- L’Oreal Paris gel liner (Rs 750) : Comparable to MAC gel liner, this is pigmented, creamy and waterproof. Doesn’t flake off or dry up in the tub (the Maybelline one dries up in the tub in a few months). I’d recommend both the black and brown one.
- MAC Fluidlines (Rs 1050) : MAC Fluidlines are known to be excellent. Blacktrack is a good black liner though you could just pick the L’Oreal one.
- Illamasqua Ore ($24) : If you can get your hands on this (can be ordered through Illamasqua website), you will not want to wear anything else! It is a gorgeous antique gold with multi colored shimmer. It looks amazing on the eyes and the gives that lovely sparkle everytime the light hits the eyes!
- MAC Naked (Rs 1350) : Champagne-beige shade, great for highlighting and as as all over lid shade for a subtle eye. Review HERE.
- MAC Old Gold (Rs 1350): Gold-green duochrome, excellent if you’re wearing something with a bit of green in your outfit. Check Swatch HERE.
- MAC Tan (Rs 1350): A warm reddish champagne-brown pigment, Tan looks great as an all over lid wash on Indian skin for a soft neautral metallic eye. Check Swatch HERE.
- MAC Melon (Rs 1350): Peachy-gold, high shimmer finish, this would look as a wash on the eyes for fair complexioned brides. Check Swatch HERE.
- Make Up For Ever pigment no. 902 (Rs 937) : I love this pigment for highlighting. It looks whitish in swatches but when blended out, it gives has a gorgeous gold sheen.
- Make Up For Ever pigment no. 930 (Rs 937): Red tinged copper shade, great for a smokey metallic eye.
MAC Eye shadows :
MAC has the best range when it comes to neutrals! I get a good 6 hours of wear (minimum) with most MAC eye shadows without a primer but for your big day, I would still recommend a primer underneath to keep the shadows from creasing. My recommendations –
- Antiqued (check swatch HERE)
- Bronze (check swatch HERE)
- Plum Dressing
L’Oreal Infallible (Rs 450):
I love these eye shadows, they are super pigmented and really long lasting! Highly highly recommended!
- Forever Pink : Light Pink with a soft golden sheen
- Hourglass Beige : White gold, good for highlighting
- Endless Chocolate : My favorite, gorgeous bronzed chocolate brown! Worn in the Bridal Makeup HERE.
- Burning Black : Smokey Purple, for those who are wearing pink/purple outfits, a touch of purple looks lovely on the eyes. Worn in the Bridal Makeup HERE.
Colorbar Eye shadows (Rs 300) :
These are very reasonable and have a good staying power too! Would recommend a primer underneath though.
- Spicy Brown : Coppery brown, great for a brown smokey eye or all over lid wash. Review HERE.
- Heatwave : Antiqued Olive-gold, beautiful shade! (Review HERE)
- Expensive Pink : Similar to MAC Cranberry
- Gorgeous Gold, Copper Crush
Inglot (Rs 300 for refill) :
Inglot offers a HUGE range of shades, I’ve swatched just a few here. I like the texture and pigmentation, would recommend a primer underneath though.
- AMC Shine 26 : Light gold
- AMC Shine 07 : Peachy gold
- AMC Shine 25 : Warm antique gold
- Pearl 405 : Bronze with pearl
- DS 609 : Rusty brown with gold shimmer
- AMC Shine 12 : Berry brown with gold shimmer
- AMC Shine 21 : Bronzed Chocolate brown with gold shimmer
- 409 Pearl : Taupe-brown with brown pearl
- Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara (Waterproof one) (Rs 330)
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara (Rs 595)
- MAC Zoom fast Black Lash Mascara (Rs 830)
Also read :