Today I’m doing a Bridal Makeup look with a slightly different palette than the traditional golds, rubies and reds. If you’re wearing a pink/purple/lavender outfit for your wedding, this look would pair very well with the colors of your dress! The eyes are smokey but softer with purple instead of black and lips are a deep berry shade.
I hope you like the look! Don’t forget to drop your comments below!
The finished eye makeup look :
Products used for this tutorial :
- MAC Paint pot Indianwood
- MAC eye shadow : Cranberry
- MAC eye shadow : Plum Dressing
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible eye shadow : Burning Black
- MAC eye shadow : Amberlights
- Clarins eye pencil : Prune
- Make Up For Ever pigment no. 902 (pearl gold)
- L’Oreal Paris Super liner : Black Diamond
- L’Oreal Paris black gel liner
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara
- Bourjois Extrait Intense eye shadow no. 9
Step-by-step Tutorial :
Step 1 : Prime eyes with MAC Paint pot in Indianwood. Apply a thin layer of the paint pot using your third finger or use a fluffy brush, make sure to soften and blend the edges in the crease.
Step 2 : Apply a berry pink colored eye shadow like MAC Cranberry in the outer half of the lid.
Step 3 : Apply a light wash of a soft plum eye shadow like MAC Plum Dressing over the center of the lid.
Step 4 : Apply a dark blackened purple eye shadow like L’Oreal Paris eye shadow in Burning Black in the ouher corner of the eye.
Step 5 : Blend the purple eye shadow applied in the previous step using a fluffy blending brush. Extend the eye shadow towards the crease to add depth and definition.
Step 6 : Apply a purple kohl pencil on the waterline and lower lash line. Soften the edges using a pencil brush. I have used Clarins eye pencil in Prune. Apply a bronzed gold eye shadow like MAC Amberlights on the inner half of the lid and blend it with the berry pink.
Step 7 : Line upper lash line with black gel liner. To get a more intense black, top it up with a black liquid liner. Highlight browbone with a gold based highlighter, I’ve used Make Up For Ever pigment no. 902.
Step 8 : Clean up the sides and any fall out. Curl and separate lashes, finish off with Mascara.
After the face makeup is done, comb and fill your brows and set them with brow wax or clear mascara.
For the FACE :
- Start by applying an illuminating primer like Clarins Instant Light Perfector. If you have oily skin, apply an oil control lotion/primer.
- Apply a foundation suitable for your skin type and coverage you need. Unless you have heavy pigmentation/spots/scars, opt for a medium coverage foundation that adds glow to the skin. I have used MAC Matchmaster foundation.
- Next, apply all cream products you want to use like blush/highlighter before applying any powder products. I have applied Benefit Girl Meets Pearl highlighter on the top of my cheekbones and along the bridge of the nose.
- Set everything with a light weight powder, I have used Maybelline Dream Matte Powder using a fluffy face brush. I have then used Bourjois bronzer to contour my cheeks lightly.
- Lastly, I applied a bright warm pink blush ~ MAC Fleur Power on the apples of the cheeks and blended it towards the temples.
For the LIPS :
- Prep and prime lips as outlined in the Lips section of THIS post.
- Line lips with a berry/pink lip liner like Faces lip pencil in Cabaret, fill the entire lip area with the lip pencil.
- Using a lip brush, apply a berry pink lipstick all over the lips. Blot and reapply for a lasting finish. I have used Maybelline ‘The Jewels’ Colorsensational lipstick in Berry Brilliant. See my other picks for bridal pink lipsticks in THIS post.
- Apply a touch of gloss on the center of the lips (optional)
[note color=”#FFE4C4″]I hope you liked the look! Drop your comments/queries below![/note]
Also read :