Posted by Corallista | Posted in Bridal Makeup, Festive makeup, Looks, Tutorials | Posted on 19-07-2012
Tags: blush, blush and highlighter for indian bridal makeup, bourjois, bridal makeup golden eye makeup, bridal makeup lipsticks, EOTD, eye makeup, eye makeup tutorial, eye shadow, eyes, face makeup steps for bridal makeup, FOTD, golden red bridal makeup, golden ruby bridal makeup, how to apply lipstick, how to do golden bridal makeup, how to do indian bridal makeup, how to do simple golden eye makeup, indian beauty blog, indian bridal makeup, Indian Bridal Makeup golden eye makeup, indian bridal makeup lipsticks, Indian Bridal Makeup photo, Indian Bridal Makeup photos, Indian Bridal Makeup ruby lips, indian bridal makeup tutorial, Indian Bridal Makeup tutorial with photos, Indian Bridal Makeup tutorial with steps, Indian Bridal Makeup wine lips, indian golden eye makeup bridal makeup, indian makeup, indian makeup blog, indian makeup tutorial, Indian wedding makeup looks, Lakme bridal makeup, lakme sangria seduction for bridal makeup, lipstick, lipstick swatch, MAC, MAC cosmetics India, MAC eye shadows for indian bridal makeup, MAC india, MAC woodwinked for indian bridal makeup, makeup tutorial with photos, makeup tutorial with steps, moisturizing lipstick, swatch
I’m so glad all of you are enjoying my Indian Bridal Makeup Series! Yesterday I showed you some Lipsticks for Bridal Makeup and today I’m doing the first tutorial of this series – Soft Golden Eye makeup paired with a deep Ruby lip!
The eye makeup for this look is very simple yet festive as the main focus is on the lips. It is also good for those who have heavy dark circles or those who don’t want a heavy waterline and lower lash line.
Products used for this tutorial (Eyes) :
- Urban Decay Primer Potion : Sin (golden champagne base)
- MAC eye shadow : Woodwinked (Warm antique gold)
- Bourjois Intense Extrait eye shadow : no. 09 (dark blackish brown)
- MAC Technakohl eye pencil : Brownborder
- L’Oreal Paris Super Liner : Instant Impact Felt Liner
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible concealer
Step-by-step Eye makeup Tutorial :
Step 1 : Prime eyes using your favorite primer. Using a shimmery champagne/golden primer like UDPP Sin or MAC Paint Pot Indianwood will further make the golden eye shadow pop!
Step 2 : Apply Woodwinked all over the lid.
Step 3 : Apply the brown eye shadow in the outer V as shown.
Step 4 : Blend the brown eye shadow applied in Step 3 using a fluffy blending brush.
Step 5 : Apply brown kohl on the waterline to add some definition.
Step 6 : Line upper lash line with black liner and wing it out at the outer corner.
Step 7 : Separate the lashes using a lash comb or clean mascara wand.
Step 8 : Curl lashes and apply Mascara!
Apply concealer and fill your brows (after your foundation and powder is done).
For the FACE :
Getting the skin right is always important in makeup and even more so for your wedding day! To get the flawless glowing bridal skin, you need healthy, moisturized skin to start with which I’m sure you’ve worked on prior the wedding with a good diet and regular facials. Here’s the step by step for the face makeup for this look :
- On moisturized skin, apply an illuminating base like Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector
- After the base is completely blended, apply your foundation using a brush/sponge or your fingers. Spend some time in getting the foundation blended well. For tips on how to apply foundation, read THIS post. I used Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid makeup as it gives full coverage and a flawless finish!
- Once the foundation is blended well, set it with powder. If you have dry/combination skin, you can only powder the T-zone and leave the cheeks slightly dewy. BUT if you are using a powder blush it is a good idea to use face powder the entire face so that blush has a good powder base. If you’re using a cream blush, apply the face powder after applying blush. I used MAC Sunbasque blush, its the perfect bridal blush for Indian skin!
- I decided to sculpt my face lightly to add some definition to the bone structure and to add some warmth. Using a sheer bronzer from Bourjois on a fluffy brush, I swept some product under my cheekbones, under my jawline, down the sides of my nose and along the hairline. Make sure to use a matte or a very low shimmer bronzer/contouring powder.
- Highlighter is the key to the get the perfect glow! It is one of the most important products in a bride’s makeup kit. If you have dry skin, you can use a cream/liquid highlighter like the Colorbar pen highlighter OR MAC Cream Color Base Improper Copper. If you are using a cream highlighter, make sure to apply it before you start applying any powder products like face powder or blush. As a rule, always apply all the liquid cream products first and then do the powder products on the face to get a well blended finish. Opt for golden/champagne highlighters, if you’re dusky in complexion you can use a bronze/coppery highlighter as well. I have a gold based highlighter – Oriflame Giordani Gold Lustre powder on the cheek bones and on the bridge of the nose.
For the LIPS :
- Moisturize your lips applying a thick layer of lip balm when you start with your makeup and let it stay till your eyes and face are done which should take at least 10-15 minutes.
- Once the rest of the face is done, wipe off the thick layer of balm using a tissue and make sure your lips are exfoliated. Using a soft damp towel, scrub off any dead skin you might see on the lips.
- Start by applying the a wine colored lip liner. Outline the lips and fill in the entire lip area with the same lip liner giving a matte base for the lipstick to be applied on. I have used Streetwear Lip definer in shade 04 Wine Line.
- Using a lip brush, apply a ruby/wine colored lipstick all over the lips. Using a lip brush gives a very good finish! I have Lakme Lip love lipstick Sangria Seduction here. You can check other similar shades with swatches HERE.
- Since this lipstick has a creamy finish, I have skipped gloss here but if you lipstick is on the matte side, you can add just a touch of gloss on the center of the lips!