Its Skincare Wednesday and today I’m showing you a simple at-home facial that I try to do at least once a week to ensure healthy, glowing, hydrated skin. I have been using the Cleansing Milk, the Scrub and the Mud Mask from an Israeli brand called Dr.OlenGin for this facial routine but you can use any cream based cleanser, scrub and mask for this quick facial.
Read on to see how..
What you need :
- A cream based cleanser
- A mild scrub
- Any face mask depending on your skin type. Oily skinned women should go for a clay based mask and dry skinned women should use a hydrating mask
- Cotton pads
- Blackhead removing tool
- Hot water
- Face Sauna (optional) for steaming
- Your favorite moisturizer
How to do the Facial :
- Start by massaging the cream based cleanser onto your face and neck in circular motions. This is a cleansing and moisturizing in a single step and the massage will boost circulation in your face. Massage for at least 7-8 minutes covering all areas of the face (you can leave out the eyes if you have sensitive eyes and the cleanser is not suitable for the eye area).
- Next, dip the cotton pads in moderately hot water, squeeze out the excess water from the cotton and wipe off the cleanser. Its likely that some part of the cleanser will get absorbed into the skin during the massage. The heat from the water will open up and cleanse the pores thoroughly.
- Next, using the mild scrub, exfoliate your face using very gentle pressure concentrating on areas where you have clogged pores, blackheads etc., the nose, forehead, chin, jawline and inner cheeks. Work the scrub into the skin for 2 min.
- Now wash off the scrub with warm water and proceed to add a little more heat/steam. You can use a Face Sauna or just press cotton pads dipped in hot water onto your skin. Do this for about 2 min. If you’re using a Face Sauna, make sure to keep your eyes covered.
- Now that your pores are sufficiently open, its time to use the blackhead removing tool. Press the thinner end of the tool(shown in picture above) into the clogged areas like the nose to squeeze out the blackheads and impurities clogging the pores. Be gentle yet firm. The steam and the scrub will have loosened up the pore clogging impurities and they would come out easily, if something isn’t coming out with gentle pressure, don’t push it too hard else you will end up with a wound.
- Once all the pores are cleaned up, wipe your face again with wet cotton pads and apply the mask.
- Let the mask dry for 5-7 minutes and then splash lots of cold water on your face to close and tighten the pores.
- Finish off with your favorite moisturizer.
Before I go on to the review the products I’ve been using for this routine, here’s a little bit about Dr.OlenGin :
Revolutionizing the magic of the Dead Sea
Until now, the Magic of Israel’s famous Dead Sea was an unexplained wonder. An amazing source of raw minerals that possessed extraordinary healing qualities, that until today, were almost solely used in their natural and most basic form. Realizing the untapped potential of the Dead Sea’s magic, Dr. OlenGinset out to bring the field of cosmetics – a revolution. By combining the Dead Sea’s natural minerals and cutting edge Biotechnology, innovative thinking – we created the next step in premiumSpa, health and skincare products.
All Dr.OlenGin products are highly certified and internationally recognized for their proven quality, and all hold the prestigious “Israel Original Dead Sea Product” certificate, for using original Dead Sea minerals. As proof of our revolutionary thinking, a variety of our innovative products also hold the “Israeli Diabetes Association” certificate, for relieving symptoms of diabetes.
Dr.OlenGin has skincare, haircare, body care products as well as products for Mineral Therapy.
Here are the Dr.OlenGin products I’ve been using for my facial routine :
1. Dr.OlenGin Magic Dead Sea Cosmetics : Mineral Cleansing Milk
Using Dr. OlenGin’s unique Dead Sea mineral based formulas, our Magic Mineral Cleansing Milk is enriched with Dead Sea minerals, and contains Allantoin that helps exfoliate the skin while soothing it. This cleansing milk also contains Glycerin and Panthenol, as well as Sodium Laureth Sulfate, whichall allow deeppore cleansing that removes makeup without interfering with the skin’snatural moisture levels.
My review :
The cleanser comes in a long bottle with a press open cap. It has a thick, lotion-like consistency and is quite effective. It removes waterproof makeup as well and the best thing is that it doesn’t leave an oily residue behind. Its light yet quite hydrating and did not irritate or break out my combination/oily acne prone skin. I love the fact that it is effective and suitable for all skin types but there is one thing I do not like about the product and that is the heavy scent. It reminds me of cologne and I like my skin products to have a milder, more natural fragrance. Apart from that, this is a great product!
Rating : 4/5
2. Dr.OlenGin Magic Dead Sea Cosmetics : Mineral Facial Scrub
Using Dr. OlenGin’s unique Dead Sea mineral based formulas, the fine texture of our Magic Mineral Facial Scrub is enriched with Dead Sea minerals, and contains Triethanolamine & Citric Acid which moisturize the skin and moderate its pH levels. This facial scrub also contains Propylene Glycol which as an antioxidant that targets free radicals and rejuvenates the skin, allowing the scrub to easily cleanse facial skin and neck, removing dead skin cells and makeup residue. All this, to give your skin a silky smooth feeling.
My review :
The facial scrub comes in a tube form with a screw on cap which is quite a convenient and hygienic packaging for a scrub. The exfoliating particles are very small and tiny and the scrub has a translucent gel base. I find the scrub gentle enough to be used everyday though I wouldn’t advise it except on problem areas like nose, forehead and chin. The scrub does not lather, removes the dead skin quite well and the skin feels cleansed and smooth after washing the face. Unlike the cleansing milk, it has a nice mineral(slightly salty) scent which is very mild and pleasant. The tube contains 150 ml of product. I really really liked the texture of this scrub but I have noticed a tiny pimple on my jawline the few times I have used this. Thankfully it went away in 2 days but I’m guessing there is some ingredient here which did not suit my skin.
Rating : 3.75/5
3. Dr.OlenGin Magic Dead Sea Cosmetics : Mineral Facial Mud Mask
Using Dr. OlenGin’s unique Dead Sea mineral based formulas, our Magic Mineral Facial Mud Mask is highly enriched with Dead Sea minerals, and especially with the Dead Sea mud slit. This deep facial skin cleansing mask cleanses, softens, and stimulates blood circulation, while renewing the skin and restoring its vitality. It also contains Koalin,Propylene Glycol and Aloe Vera that together soothe, absorb and protect the skin, leaving you and your skin feeling alive and radiating.
My review :
Now this is the star of the show! This mud mask is one of the best I’ve tried so far. It comes in a tube packaging, same as the scrub and the tube contains 100 ml of product. It has a typical mud mask color, a murky grey, is not too thick or gloopy and spreads and dries easily. Since its clay based, it deep cleanses the skin without drying it and gives an amazing glow! I feel a slight tingling when I apply this and even though the instructions said to apply it for 2 min, I let it stay for 10 min till it was completely dry. The tingling subsided 2-3 minutes after application and on washing off, my skin felt really soft, smooth and was glowing! Out of the 3 products reviewed, this is clearly my favorite one!
Rating : 4.5/5
The biggest drawback of Dr.OlenGin products would be their availability! They are not available online internationally but you can get in touch with the team via the Contact Us section on the website HERE if you are interested in the products.
Disclaimer : Products send by brand PR for consideration. However, that has not affected by review.
Also read :