Posted by Ankita Srivastava | Posted in Bridal Makeup, Lips, Makeup suggestions | Posted on 18-07-2012
Tags: best lipstick for indian bridal makeup, bridal lipstick suggestions, indian beauty blog, indian bridal makeup, Indian Bridal Makeup brown lipstick, Indian Bridal Makeup burgundy lipstick suggestion, Indian Bridal Makeup coral lipstick suggestions, Indian Bridal Makeup LIPSTICK, Indian Bridal Makeup lipstick from Colorbar, Indian Bridal Makeup lipstick from Inglot, Indian Bridal Makeup lipstick from Lakme, Indian Bridal Makeup lipstick from MAC, Indian Bridal Makeup lipstick from revlon, Indian Bridal Makeup lipstick suggestions, Indian Bridal Makeup natural lipstick suggestion, Indian Bridal Makeup pink lipstick suggestions, Indian Bridal Makeup red lip color suggestions, Indian Bridal Makeup red lipstick suggestions, Indian Bridal Makeup wine lipstick suggestions, indian makeup, indian makeup blog, Lakme bridal makeup, Lakme Indian Bridal Makeup lipstick, Lakme liptick swatches, lipstick, lipstick suggestions, lipstick swatch, MAC cosmetics India, MAC india, MAC Indian Bridal Makeup lipstick, MAC lipstick for indian skin, makeup, makeup products, moisturizing lipstick, swatch
In this post, I will be talking about Lipsticks for Indian Bridal Makeup. While choosing the best lipstick shade, you need to consider the following factors :
- Your Skin tone
- The color of your outfit
- Your makeup style
Traditionally, everyone associates bridal makeup with deep red and wine lip colors but if you’re not the deep lip person, you could wear flattering neutrals as well paired with smoky eyes. However, one should never go for a nude lip colors for bridal makeup as it washes out in pictures. I’ve divided this post into various categories based on the Lipstick shades. In each category, I’ve mentioned the Skin tone, Outfit color and Makeup Style it would work for!
Before I jump in with the swatches and recommendations, here are a few pointers to keep in mind while choosing and applying your Bridal Lip color:
- Choose a shade that looks good on you, do a trial with the makeup before the final day to make sure.
- Choose a lip color depending on your outfit (more on this later)
- If you’re wearing a softer color like a dusty peach or rose, go at least 2 shades darker than your skin tone otherwise it’ll wash you out in pictures.
- Instead of finding the perfect texture lipstick, go for good pigmentation. You can alter the finish by adding gloss on top
- Use a lip liner to line and full the entire lip for lasting color
- Do add a touch of gloss on the center the lips to give a juicy, healthy look
- Avoid nude lip colors
- To avoid the heavily made up look and too much product build up, blot and reapply the lipstick using a lip brush.
Lipstick shade Recommendations :
Category 1 : Red, Wine, Cherry lip colors (the traditional bridal shades)
These are shades that work for all skin tones! If you’re wearing a traditional red or maroon saree/lehenga, these shades would go perfectly with the outfit. I wouldn’t recommend Hot Reds or orange-y reds unless you’re used to wearing these shades and know they work for you. Cool toned reds would for everyone and also give a whiter appearance to the teeth! Orangey colors can make the teeth look yellow and that is not something one wants in their wedding pics! Brick reds also look beautiful!
My recommendations :
- MAC : Dubonnet(deepened claret – amplified creme), Diva (intense reddish-burgundy – matte), Russian Red(intense bluish red), Chilli(brownish orange red- matte)
- L’Oreal Infallible : Bold Bordeaux, L’Oreal Color Riche Intense Ruby
- Colorbar Velvet Matte : Hot Hot Hot, Cherry Shy
- Inglot : 126, Refills – 82, 63, 27
- Lakme : Enrich Satin 422, Lip Love Sangria Seduction, Nine to Five lip color Sun Shimmer (orangey soft red with shimmer), Aquashine Sangria
- Lush : A Million Kisses lip tint
- Maybelline Colorsensational : Red Peptite, Pleasure me Red
Some Swatches :
Category 2 : Warm pink and berry shades
If you’re wearing a pink/purple/lavender outfit, opt for a berry lip color. Deep Rosy shades, warm berry pink look flattering on everyone. If you can carry a brighter lip well, you can also for a watermelon pink. I would say avoid very flaming hot pinks and neons.
My Recommendations :
- MAC : Craving(berry pink), Speak Louder (warm watermelon pink -if you want a bright pink!), Deliciously Forbidden
- Colorbar Velvet Matte : Sultry Pink(earthy berry), Brick-o-la(rose berry with a peachy tone), Oh My Magenta (deep magenta -for brighter lip)
- Colorbar Soft Touch : Rose Quartz
- Inglot lipstick no. 132(reddish berry)
- Lakme : Lip Love Valentine Velvet
- Revlon : Super Lustrous Grape Juice, Colorburst Soft Rose (for fair skin)
Some Swatches :
Category 3 : Dusty Peach/Coral/Earthy Naturals
These are best suited for those who are either quite light in complexion or are averse to wearing color.
If you find yourself looking best in natural shades and do not want to wear a deeper lip color, here are some suggestions for you -
- MAC : Retro (deep peachy brown with red undertone), Brick-o-la (dusty peachy brown with a hint of pink)
- Lakme : Absolute Matte Peach Carnation (for fair skin tone)
If you’re someone who looks great in browns, here are some suggestions for you -
- Inglot refills : 22 (brown with shimmer), 77 (plum-brown)
- L’Oreal Infallible Molten Caramel (for a natural look)
- Lakme Lip Love Honey Bun
If you’re fair in complexion and want to try coral/peach lip, try these -
- MAC : Crosswires
- Colorbar Velvet Matte Peach Crush, Over the Top 1