Fun Saturdays Vol.4 : 5 Random Things about me

Its Saturday and its time for some fun! Here are 5 Random things about me, mostly from my childhood..

1. I had wavy black hair when I was born.

I also looked like I was wearing makeup (which I’m wasn’t of courseΒ !)

Me as a new born

Me as a new born

2. I love homemade south indian food especially the one made by my Mum.

Today for my lunch, I’m having a dosa meal with coconut chutney (shown below), sambhar and plain dosa. My sambhar is cooking while I write this post, this is the first time I’m making south indian and I’m quite happy with how its turning out so far πŸ™‚

Coconut chutney with 'chaunk'

Coconut chutney with ‘chaunk’

3. I played the duck in my kinder-garten class’s rendition of ‘Old McDonald Had a Farm’

I wore Yellow overalls and a duck head with a yellow beak!

Me as the Duck in Old McDonald had a Farm

Me as the Duck in Old McDonald had a Farm First day of school, seen here with my brother

4. I loved going to school as a child. My Mum tells me I never cried πŸ™‚

Below is Β pic of probably my first day of school in KG-I(pictured with my brother here)

First day of school, seen here with my brother

First day of school, seen here with my brother

5. I did my entire schooling from St.Joseph’s Convent School in Bhopal

It was 14 years of glorious fun! My mum and my mausi(Mum’s sister) also did their schooling from there so I was often taught by teachers who had taught my Mum also! Incidentally, Jaya Bahaduri (now Jaya Bachhan) is also from my school and was School Captain in her day.

St. Joseph's Convent School Bhopal

St. Joseph’s Convent School Bhopal

[note color=”#FFE4C4″] What did you look like when you were born? Where did you do your schooling from? Did you play any crazy characters in plays/annual function when you were in school? Did you cry when you went to school for the first time? Share your answers below![/note]

Also read :

Fun Saturdays Vol.1 : 5 Random Things about me

Fun Saturdays Vol.2 : Of Books and Movies

Fun Saturdays Vol.3 : 5 Favorite Healthy Snacks

1. July 14, 2012 / 3:41 pm

awww so cute…loved the post and ur baby pics…the first one does look like you did some EOTD there πŸ˜‰ born talented πŸ˜€

2. July 14, 2012 / 3:51 pm

oh.. that baby pic is pretty cute.. it look like u r wearing eyeshadow lol..

3. July 14, 2012 / 4:38 pm

ohh you were a bute baby girl! thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

4. July 14, 2012 / 4:43 pm

I was very fat when I was a baby though I became thin like a skeleton later. I remember that I had so many funny imaginations which I believed to be true at that time. I used to watch ads in TV and one which attracted me is Vicks Goli ad. I asked my father to buy one and come when he came from office. When he brought it I opened the packet and was searching for the spider like khich khich which I have seen in the ads. Then only my father understood that it was for that cartoon I had asked him to buy vicks ki goli!

5. shanaiia
    July 14, 2012 / 5:19 pm

U looked so cute as a baby and as a little girl πŸ™‚ now u look so pretty πŸ™‚

6. July 14, 2012 / 6:04 pm

oh my your baby pics are soooooo cute and your bro is looking very happy in the snap πŸ™‚ he is damn cute πŸ™‚

7. roopa
    July 14, 2012 / 6:32 pm

Cute duck!

8. nids
    July 14, 2012 / 8:55 pm

OMG… I’m too a Josephite…my schooling too frm St.Joseph’s convent School, Jal.. πŸ˜‰
    same pinch Ankita πŸ˜€

n u really look cute in the school uniform.. n yess, it seems as if u hav applied makeup in the 1st pic πŸ˜›

9. SUKANYA
    July 14, 2012 / 9:12 pm

it seems dat u r wearing eye shadows in the first pic……………damn cuteeeeeeeeeee..love them

10. shivangi
    July 14, 2012 / 10:55 pm

I am too a Josephian! Varansi πŸ™‚ great facts bout u! u were so cute then πŸ™‚

11. July 14, 2012 / 11:28 pm

U luk soooooo cute Ankz!! Luvd all of your pics and facts about you!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

12. July 15, 2012 / 12:13 pm

Oh ankita u look like a doll in these fotos!! In fact, u still do :-). Nice to know more about u πŸ™‚ I love south indian food too!

13. July 15, 2012 / 1:03 pm

You look so so so cute and cuddly, Ankita. i feel like hugging you through this post. such a sweet child. I bet your mom must have been so happy to hold you. Loved all the pics you posted, the duck is so cute hahaha Nice to know about you. Your school looks so nice.

14. July 15, 2012 / 3:30 pm

that’s a cute post πŸ™‚

Even I never cried while going to school πŸ™‚

I had done my schooling from St. John’s, Secunderabad

I played cruel step mom, queen sheeba as a kid πŸ™‚

I used to participate in dances n skits then

15. Nidhi
    July 15, 2012 / 4:04 pm

U know I saw your pic first (infant) and read the post later and was thinking gosh she had make up on even as a newborn child…lol but u look damn pretty.

Also what a coincidence…I played the duck with similar clothes for Old McDonald in my nurser class too…First person I know now who played the part apart from me….loved the post

16. July 15, 2012 / 6:35 pm

OMG..u actually look like u are wearing makeup in the first pic..damn cute πŸ™‚

17. reena
    July 16, 2012 / 12:10 am

very cute!

18. July 16, 2012 / 10:21 am

Loved your childhood pic! I cried like crazy when I went to school first :P: P

19. July 16, 2012 / 11:15 am

haha, great post Ankita….I played “the blackbird” in “Sing a song of sixpence” , the blackbird who picks at the maids nose..I remember buying a black full sleeve shirt and a black long skirt for it and then the music teacher had made a beak of cardboard to put on my head…ha-ha!!!..it was hilarious…Its not a very popular rhyme here here in India, and I don’t even know too many kids who know that one….but thanks to my music teacher, she taught us the most unpopular of rhymes with as much ease as she taught Gurbani and shabad…..loved her so much…

and no, I never cried when going to school and I too spent all of my 13 yrs, nur +12 in one school….I think its a great feeling when you kind of grow up in one place …you get so many memories from there….

thanks for making us remember all of those crazy “little” times :))

20. July 21, 2012 / 7:25 pm

u were so cute even then Ankita πŸ™‚ !!

July 23, 2012 / 2:33 am

Aww thanks Khadeeja!

October 19, 2015 / 5:04 pm

I really liked this post.. i wish i could hold ur cute cheeks in my hands… u are looking so cute in pic4..

October 19, 2015 / 5:14 pm

1. i was a underweight baby hardly 1kg & 700grams… but nw i have covered all that fat.. i was also having chubby cheeks with brown hairs.. & i used to stay ill for until i was 9 months old.. 2. i love aloo paranthas, rajma rice & home made south indian food.. well after growing up i cook all these very well.. 3. i played Radha charater in Nursery class .. 4. i used to cry alot before going school πŸ™ even my cousin sis she is in 4th standard & she is jealous of our pet & she says that didi he is having such an enjoyable destiny no one is asking bruno to go school or to study .. 5.

October 19, 2015 / 5:17 pm

5. i did my schooling from Krishna Model Sec. School,Najafgarh, N.D. then i did my high secondary schooling from Shanti Gyan Niketan Senior Sec. school, & then i did my graduation from Trinity institute , Dwarka BBA(banking & insurance) from GGSIPU.. masters are not regular so i have done a correspondence PGDM from IMT, Ghaziabad..