As requested by many of you, today I’m doing a simple brown smokey eye makeup look that is wearable and easy to create!
Products you need for this look (products I’ve used in brackets):
- Primer (optional)
- Black Kohl (Lakme Absolute Kohl)
- Dark chocolate brown eye shadow (MAC Carbonized)
- Light brown/ochre matte eye shadow (Illamasqua Vernau)
- Highlighter eye shadow (Inglot AMC Shine 26)
- Volumizing mascara (Bourjois Volume Glamour Max mascara)
- Eye brow filler (Maxfactor eye brow pencil Ebony)
- Dense eye shadow applicator brush (Sephora medium applicator brush)
- Blending brush (MAC 217)
- Pencil brush (Coastal Scents Pointed crease brush)
Step-by-step tutorial :
Step 1 : Moisturize and prime eyes.
Step 2 : Tightline eyes using a black kohl pencil. Lining the upper waterline gives a dense look to the lashes.
Step 3 : Line upper lash line thickly.
Step 4 : Smudge the kohl on upper lash line using a pencil brush.
Step 5 : Apply any dark brown eye shadow of your choice all over the lid as shown.
Step 6 : Blend in the crease using a fluffy blending brush and a lighter brown/ochre eye shadow. This creates a very natural gradient for the smokey eye.
Step 7 : Darken the crease a little with the dark brown eye shadow and blend again with the lighter brown.
Step 8 : Apply the dark brown eye shadow halfway on the lower lash line starting from outer corner with the pencil brush.
Step 9 : Apply the lighter brown on the lower lash line on the remaining half. Make sure to blend the light and dark brown at the meeting point.
Step 10 : Use a subtle gold based highlighter on the brow bone and inner corner. Finish off with 2 coats of your favorite mascara after curling lashes.
Clean up any excesses, apply concealer and fill your brows to complete the look!
A Brown smokey eye can be paired with almost any blush/lip color! I’ve paired it with MAC Ambering Rose blush and Colorbar Star Metal lip gloss Seductress!
Also read :