Its Tutorial Thursday and today I’m doing the Eye makeup tutorial for the look Aishwarya Rai has been sporting lately. Soon after Cannes, she made an appearance at the a hotel opening in London in a gorgeous Black,white and gold Sabyasachi anarkali suit with similar makeup. It is a simple, glamorous bronze eye with heavily lining and super dramatic lashes that will suit all eye colors and skin tones!
The Inspiration :
My Interpretation :
Finished look :
Products used in this tutorial :
- NYX HD eye shadow base
- Lakme Absolute kajal
- Urban Decay Naked Palette (Half Baked and Smog)
- Bourjois Extrait Intense eye shadow no. 8 (matte dark brown)
- Bourjois Clubbing Liner : Ultra Black
- L’oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara
- Oriflame Giordani Gold Lustre Powder (to highlight)
- Inglot Cream concealer
- Maxfactor Brow pencil : Ebony
Here’s a simple 10 step tutorial on how to create the Aishwarya Rai Cannes 2012 eye makeup :
- Step 1 : Start by priming the eyes with a clear eye primer. Don’t forget to apply the primer on the inner corner and lower lash line. Blend with fingers till completely absorbed.
- Step 2 : Apply jet black kohl on inner rims of upper and lower lash line (tightlining).
- Step 3 : Using a pencil brush like MAC 219 smudge the kohl on the upper lash line.
- Step 4 : Apply a gold eye shadow in the inner corner, tear duct and inner 1/3rd of the lid. You can use any gold based eye shadow like Urban Decay Half-Baked or MAC Goldmine or L’Oreal Paris Infallible Hourglass Beige for this step.
- Step 5 : Take a bronze eye shadow like Urban Decay Smog or MAC Bronze and apply it on the remaining part of the lid as shown. Do not go beyond the crease in this step.
- Step 6: Apply the same bronze eye shadow to the central 1/3rd area of the lower lash line as shown.
- Step 7 : Apply a dark matte or pearl finish brown eye shadow in the outer corner, crease and lower lash line and blend. You can use a matte shade like Bourjois Extrait Intense eye shadow no. 8 or a pearl finish like L’Oreal Paris Infallible Endless Chocolate. Other possible options include MAC Carbonized, MAC Handwritten and Colorbar Spicy Brown.
- Step 8 : Apply kohl to the outer 1/3rd of the lower lash line to further darken that area and smoke it out with some of the brown eye shadow used in the previous step. Apply a subtle highlighter on the browbone. You can use any gold based highlighter which is not too shimmery.
- Step 9 : Apply black liner on the upper lash line in a thick line and wing it out at the outer corner. Go over it a few times to get a jet black color. I used a gel liner(from L’oreal Paris) to line first as gel liner is easier to work with. Once I had the shape and thickness right, I applied liquid liner from Bourjois over the gel liner to get a super black color. The dark liner and kohl are one of the most important steps to this look so spend some time getting them right! Make sure that the wing of the liner meets the waterline at the outer corner.
- Step 10 : Curl lashes and apply mascara. Reapply the kohl on the waterline taking it all the way to the tear duct to frame the eyes completely. Clean up any excess/fallout, conceal the under eye area, fill up the brows and finish off with a pair of dense false lashes to get the Aishwarya Rai look!
For the FACE :
Apply a medium coverage luminous foundation like MAC Matchmaster all over the face and apply a gold based highlighter like MAC Cream Color base Improper Copper or Benefit Girl Meets Pearl Highlighter on the cheekbones and along the bridge of the nose. Set with powder and then apply a warm blush like MAC Sunbasque like a contour – start under the cheekbones and blend upwards towards the temples.
Products used for the face :
- MAC Matchmaster Foundation no. 3
- Benefit Girl Meets Pearl Highlighter
- Clinique Blended face powder no. 3
- MAC Blush : Sunbasque
For the LIPS :
Finish off the look with a peachy nude lipgloss or lipstick. Aishwarya Rai is wearing L’Oreal Paris Glamshine lip gloss Golden Tattoo. I prefer a more opaque finish and slightly deeper color so I have used Maybelline Moisture Extreme lipstick in Chocolate Temptation for this look. You can pair it with any warm nude or earthy peachy pink lip color that suits your skin tone.
Possible options : Colorbar Velvet Matte lipstick Creme Cup, L’oreal Paris Infallible lipstick Lingering Mocha.
Finished look :
** Love Bright makeup for the Summer? Enter my Summer Brights Giveaway HERE to win some gorgeous shades from MAC, Bourjois, Inglot and Colorbar!
Also read :