Get ready to glow this monsoon!
Expert tips by Dr. Sangeeta Amladi, Head Medical Services, Kaya Skin Clinic
The onset of monsoon is a welcome relief after the sweltering summer heat. The thick grey clouds and the cool breeze makes you hum. But don’t be surprised if your skin doesn’t share your fervor.
The rainy season brings with it an increase in humidity, grime and pollution, which has the potential to play havoc with our skin. To fight all the skin woes, one is required to follow a simple but effective skin care regime. Keep your skin fresh and glowing by following the expert tips by Dr. Sangeeta Amladi, Head Medical Services, Kaya Skin Clinic.
- Good and effective cleansing using a soap free cleanser is recommended. You could also use a gentle scrub (with uniform mild beads) once a day
- Cleansing should be followed by toning using an alcohol free toner, since increased humidity could open up your pores
- Use a sunscreen even on cloudy days
- Use a light lotion-based moisturizer or serum which will gently rehydrate your skin and also brighten it up
- Avoid heavy makeup and use waterproof make up when necessary
- Remember to nourish your skin from the inside too – eat salads blanched in boiling water to disinfect them, vegetable soup which will keep you warm and healthy and drink the usual 8-10 glasses of water. Your skin is always thirstier than you are!
- Effective cleansing of feet is very important as they would be exposed to lot of grime and muck
- Do not forget to completely dry your feet so as to prevent fungal infections
- Avoid wearing boots as these would hold water for a longer duration, creating a soggy environment for your feet
- A home pedicure should be done once a week. This would consist of soaking feet in warm water to which you can add 3-4 drops of Savlon, for 15-20 minutes, followed by cleansing your nails and scrubbing your feet with a foot scraper. Complete the pedicure by applying a light moisturizer
- When you go for pedicure, ensure that the instruments used are sterilized/ cleansed with disinfectants, or if possible use your personal instruments. Also instruct your aesthetician to avoid pushing the cuticles as toe nail fungal infections are very common in monsoons
- Good and effective cleansing using a volumising shampoo twice or thrice a week is highly recommended as hair tends to go limp in this season
- Conditioning your hair becomes twice as important during this season. Don’t shun it if you have sticky hair, instead opt for a light conditioner that is suited for limp, oily hair
- Keep the scalp dry to avoid scalp conditions like fungal and bacterial infections, which are more prevalent during the monsoon
- If you need to blow dry your hair, apply a leave-on conditioner prior to it
- Go easy on styling during this season. Excessive use of hair gels and sprays will only cause further damage
- Take time off from your busy schedule and book yourself a hair spa therapy appointment
- Oiling once a week would help but make sure you wash your hair well as residue oil can attract dust and grime, which along with sweat, can cause dandruff and even scalp infections
- Keep your hair trimmed and short during the season
- Food for hair – milk and milk products, nuts, soya products
While following these tips, one should also adhere to the below mentioned daily skincare regime to keep sparkling this season:
Monsoon skincare regime
It is possible to enjoy healthy, glowing skin without a high-maintenance routine. Here are some rules that we should try and adhere to –
- Cleansing : Washing the impurities away from your skin allows it to breathe. To protect the skin’s natural oils, avoid anti-fungal and perfumed soaps. Instead use a non-soapy cleanser that ensures deep pore cleansing
- Toning : This helps to tighten the pores and prevent pimples. A non-alcoholic toner incorporated into your basic cleansing regime every morning and before going to bed will prevent skin infections and eruptions
- Moisturizing : People who spend a lot of their time in an air-conditioned environment need to keep their skin moisturized. However, those with oily skin should do so only twice every day. Their skin’s natural oils will keep it hydrated
- Don’t rub your face while drying it : The facial skin is very delicate so rubbing it with a towel can cause hyper-pigmentation. Gently pat it dry, avoid any kind of friction
- Don’t step out without sunscreen protection: As long as there is daylight, our skin needs protection from UVA and UVB rays. Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before you step out and re-apply every three to four hours
For glowing blemish free skin, adhere to your skin treatments like facials, cleanups, skin polishing, peels, etc, as suggested by your dermatologist. In fact the monsoon season is are a very good time to do peels and lasers, as post care is much less due to the absence of direct sun rays
To complement your daily skin care regime, you can also try the below mentioned services by Kaya Skin Clinic:
- Recently launched Fruit Sorbet is a unique service by Kaya Skin Clinic, which uses a combination of cutting-edge technology and exotic natural ingredients to luxuriously pamper and nourish your skin, giving it brilliant radiance instantly!
- Kaya Aqua Radiance, a service that uses the revolutionary JET aviation technology. Exclusive to Kaya in India, the service infuses vitamins deep into the skin. Drawing on the healing properties of oxygen and water to replenish skin cells, this service uses cool and soothing supersonic jet sprays to gently slough off layers of dead cells, instantly enabling your pores to breathe while restoring lost lustre. This service complemented with a proper skincare regime would be the ideal recipe to keep your skin radiant and glowing, in this weather.
- Aqua Fairness is an enhancement service perfect for those who are looking to overcome effects of sun tanning post summers. This service provides excellent hydration and helps in preventing the effects of the sweltering heat and scorching sun. The unique JET technology uses the goodness of water and air to provide lymphatic drainage which rids the face of toxins. This process is then followed by deep exfoliation. The glycolic peels used for “infusion” in the service are derived from sugarcane and penetrate the skin quickly and easily, allowing new skin to surface quicker.
So although the sky may carry a gloomy cast, you can brush off your skin woes and guarantee healthy, beautiful and glowing skin with these handy tips and Kaya Skin Clinic!
Note : Info provided by brand PR.