Tags: blush, blush to use with red lips, classic makeup style, EOTD, eye liner, eye makeup, eye makeup for red lips, eye makeup tutorial, eye pencil, eye shadow, eye shadow to use with red lips, eyes, FOTD, how to apply red lipstick, how to do classic retro style makeup, how to do glamorous makeup, how to do makeup, how to do pin up girl makeup, how to do pin up makeup look, how to do red lips makeup, how to do retro makeup, how to do retro red lips, how to get glowing skin with makeup, how to get luminous glowing skin with makeup, how to get the perfect red lip, how to get the perfect red lips, indian beauty blog, indian makeup, indian makeup blog, Inglot, Inglot India, l'oreal paris, lipstick, lipstick review, lipstick swatch, MAC, MAC cosmetics India, MAC highlighter, MAC india, MAC red lipstick, MAC strobe cream, makeup, makeup products, makeup tips, makeup tips and guideline, makeup tutorial, neutral eye makeup for bold lips, perfect red lips makeup, pin up girl, pin up girl makeup, pin up girl makeup tutorial, pin up makeup, pin up makeup look, pin up makeup tutorial, red lips makeup pin up girl, red lips makeup tutorial, red lips pin up girl, red lipstick, red lipstick makeup, red lipstick recommendations, retro eye makeup for red lips, retro girl makeup, retro makeup red lips, retro makeup tutorial, retro red lips makeup, retro winged liner makeup
Today I’m going to show you how to create the Classic Pin Up Girl Makeup look. Pin up girl makeup is a Retro trend that is classic and timeless and suits everyone when done correctly! The whole idea behind this look is not to emulate the exact look of a celebrity pin up girl but to create a look that makes YOU feel like a siren!
The Pin up Girl makeup is characterized by amazing skin that has a healthy glow, lined eyes with fluttery dense lashes and a bold red lip! Lets start this tutorial with a guideline on how to create the perfect skin :
You will need :
- A Brightening primer : Clarins Beauty Flash Balm is hands down the best product to create a bright, toned base! You can also use an illuminating base like MAC Strobe Cream or Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector. Apply on clean moisturized face and let it sink into the skin for a good 10 minutes before applying anything else.
- Concealer : A stick concealer like the L’oreal Paris Infallible concealer comes in handy to cover up spots, blemishes and pigmentation. However, you can use a cream/liquid concealer as well. Conceal the under eye area, the areas around the nose and mouth and any other pigmentation/spots you might have.
- Foundation : Use a foundation with medium coverage but a semi-dewy finish that gives a natural luminous quality to your skin. My favorite foundation for this kind of finish is MAC Matchmaster Foundation. I also love Clarins Instant Smooth Foundation. Using a brush or a sponge, apply in small strokes and spend time in blending it well especially around smaller areas like around the nose and eyes. Do not forget to apply it on your neck as well.
- Highlighter : A subtle cream/liquid highlighter works great as it blends easily with the foundation without taking away the dewy finish. However, if you have really oily skin, it is best to stick to powder highlighter. Opt for a highlighter that gives a subtle shine like the MAC Strobe Cream. We do not want to look like a glitter ball here, what we want to create is the illusion of luminous healthy skin! Apply the highlighter to the high points of the face where light hits naturally – the cheekbones, bridge of the nose and the chin. Add a smidgen of it to the cupid’s bow as well.
- Powder : Use a very light weight powder and dust it only on the T-zone, chin and around the mouth. Leave the dewy cheeks as it is. If you have oily skin though, you should apply the powder all over the face to keep the oil at bay. Do not apply too much as it’ll end up looking cakey!
- Blush : If you’re pale/cool toned, use a soft pink blush and if you’re neutral/warm toned, opt for a dusty peachy pink or warm apricot shade. The trick is to use a blush that is subtle but still gives a healthy flush to the cheeks. My favorite blush to pair with a red lip is The Body Shop Cheek color no. 5. Other great blushes for red lips are MAC Melba and MAC Sunbasque. However, don’t stick to just these recommendations, choose a blush that looks great on your skintone! Using a fluffy brush, apply very lightly to the apples of the cheeks and blend towards the temples. Keep the color intensity low.
Once the base makeup is in place,we now proceed to the Eye Makeup :
You will need :
- A Brightening champagne/beige eye shadow : Choose a low-medium shimmer shade that brightens up your eyes. If you’re really pale, it might be something like MAC Vanilla, if you’re medium-dusky toned MAC Naked Pigment is a great option. Another good option is Inglot DS463 which is a beige with low shimmer. Apply this all over the lid right up till the browbone using very little product and then build up the intensity on the lid alone(leaving the browbone as it is)
- Black Liner (gel or liquid) : Line only your upper lash line with jet black liner and wing it out slightly for a subtle cat eye. Do not make the wing too extended or dramatic.
- Flesh toned pencil liner : Apply this on the waterline to give a wide-eyes, open look to the eyes. If you’re really pale, you can use a white liner but medium-dusky toned women should stick to a flesh toned liner as it looks more natural. I love the MAC Chromagraphic pencils for this step.
- Dramatic Mascara : Go for length+volume with a mascara like L’oreal Paris Volume Million lashes.
- False Lashes (optional) : If you’re comfortable with its application, use a pair of dense lashes (made of natural hair) preferably ones with the flared ends to add the finishing touch to the eyes.
- Eye brow fill A clean defined brow makes a lot of difference to the face! Make sure your eyebrows are in shape and without any stray hairs growing out. Use an eyebrow pencil/eye brow powder to full your brows. Groom them with an eyebrow brush and set them in place with some eyebrow gel or clear mascara.
The star of this look is the gorgeous red pout! A plump, healthy red lip is what we are trying to achieve so make sure your lips are exfoliated and well hydrated. Lets see how to create the perfect red lip…
You will need :
- Concealer : Neutralize any pigmentation you might have around the mouth with a concealer. This will make the lip line appear sharper and more defined.
- Lip liner : You can use any red lip liner for this step. Line your lips carefully and then fill in the entire lip with the liner. It will not only define your lips but act as a base for the lipstick and keep it from fading away too quickly. My favorite red lip liner is Bourjois Rouge Soyeux.
- Lipstick : Using a lip brush, apply your favorite red lipstick all over the lip to get an even, intense coverage. Blot on a tissue and reapply to get an intense stain that will last you a long time. I prefer deep reds with blue undertones. If you’re confused as to which red lipstick to pick, Revlon Colorburst Crimson is a great option. Other beautiful reds that I like – Avon Simply Pretty lipstick Cherry Red and Inglot lipstick 124. MAC has some gorgeous reds like Ruby Woo, Russian Red and Runway Red.
The finished look!