Hope everyone is enjoying the respite from the heat! The temperature dip feels great but its not yet time to do away with the strong sun protection you have been using till now. Today I’m reviewing Lakme Sun expert Sunscreen SPF 50 which is the highest SPF sunscreen from Lakme’s Sun Expert range.
Price : Rs 350 for 30 ml
What Lakme says about the product :
- High-performance sunscreen that gives complete UV protection, no matter how strong the rays are
- SPF 50 gives 97% skin protection from UVB rays and prevents sun burns
- PA +++ blocks the harmful UVA rays and helps prevent deep-skin damage
- Cucumber and lemon grass extracts moisturize the skin and make it glow
- Suitable for normal to dry skin
My take on the product
The Lakme Sun expert sunscreen SPF 50 comes in a slender long pump bottle instead of the squeeze tube/flip top bottle packaging of the other sunscreens from this range. The packaging feels sturdy, the transparent cap fits in tightly on the pump so there is no chance of spillage during travel etc. The pump does not dispense excess product and the overall color and look of the packaging is quite appealing!
The texture of this sunscreen is like a thick cream but it doesn’t have the greasiness of one. Even though it is meant for normal to dry skin types, it felt surprisingly light on my skin and blended in without leaving a greasy after-feel behind. The lotion is white in color and unless you put too much, it doesn’t leave a white cast behind. It gives a very clean, fresh look to the face and brightens it up a little giving a semi–dewy finish which looks very natural. I really like the feel of this sunscreen on my skin even though it does make my T-zone oily in 2-3 hours but it just feels really light and blends very well, absorbing completely with light massage. It leaves the skin soft and lightly fragranced with a cucumber scent which I personally really like! It would work well on dry/normal/combination skin types and only very oily skin types should avoid this one.
Dry skinned women would need to moisturize under this as it would not provide enough hydration. It has SPF 50 and PA+++ and that is all you need really unless you’re going for a beach vacation or something (where a higher SPF would be required). I did not experience any breakouts or irritation when I tried this out. Overall, its a really good product and this is what I recommend to everyone with dry/normal/combination skin!
The GOOD about Lakme Sun Expert Fairness Lotion SPF 50 :
- Attractive, sturdy, convenient and hygienic packaging
- Thick cream texture – spreads and absorbs with light massage
- Does not make the skin greasy or dull
- Has a pleasant cucumber scent
- Does not leave an unsightly white cast on the skin
- Feels very light and comfortable
- Gives a clean, fresh look to the skin
- Small quantity required for each application
- Would suit all skin types except very oily
- Easily available, comes in a smaller quantity tube packaging as well
The NOT-SO-GOOD about Lakme Sun Expert Fairness Lotion SPF 50 :
- Price is slightly steep!
Lakme Sun Expert Fairness Lotion comes in an attractive and convenient pump bottle packaging and houses a surprising light-feel thick cream that gives a clean, fresh look to the skin after application. It softens the skin and has a mild cucumber scent which is very refreshing scent. Despite my oily skin, it feels light and comfortable on my face though it does make is slightly oily after 3 hours of wear. It is meant for normal to dry skin types but I think it would work well for combination skin as well!
Rating : 4.5/5[note color=”#FFE4C4″]Have you tried Lakme Sun Expert range? Which is your favorite product from this range? Share your comments below![/note]
Disclaimer : This post contains a Press Sample sent by the brand PR for review. My opinions are honest as always.
You might also like to read :