Kiehls Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution had generated some interest when I’d shown in my Current Skincare Routine post. I have been using this product for quite a while now and I’m glad to say that it is one of the products that has made a difference to my skin! Here is the review :
Price : Rs 3500 ($49.50 in the US) for 30 ml
What Kiehls says about the product :
Clearly Corrective™ DARK SPOT SOLUTION is a fast-acting serum that evens skin tone and diminishes dark spots to impart overall radiance and luminosity to the skin:
• In as little as 2 weeks, 55% of women clinically demonstrated a significant reduction in dark spot intensity.
• In 4 weeks, 69% of women clinically demonstrated a continued reduction in dark spots intensity and 73% of women showed a significant reduction in acne scarring. Reduction in other skin discolorations was clinically evident among 69% of women.
• In 8 weeks, 87% of women clinically demonstrated more uniform skin tone to deliver breakthrough clarity.
• With continued daily usage, Clearly Corrective helps to prevent the formation of future dark spots and other skin discolorations.
No Silicones. No Parabens. No Fragrance.
No Colorants. No Optical Diffusers.
My take on the product
The Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution comes in a transparent bottle with a dropper tube cap. The clear bottle allows one to see easily how much product is left in the bottle. The packaging is quite sturdy and doesn’t break or get damaged if dropped. The only disadvantage is that the dropper tube stops taking in product when the bottle is nearly finishing. So for the last couple of applications, one would need to tilt to bottle to take out the product.
The product itself is a clear, slightly runny liquid that gets absorbed into the skin easily without leaving any residue behind. It spreads quite easily and only a small quantity is required to cover the entire face and neck area. It did not cause any tingling or any reaction on my skin when applied. It sinks into the skin without a trace and one would begin to see a difference in the skin’s tone in about 2 weeks. I typically used it 2 times a day after cleansing and toning my skin, before moisturizing.
I do not have a lot of pigmentation per se but I have remnant acne marks – red/brown light spots that did fade when I started using this product but did not vanish completely. On the whole, my skin tone definitely improved and my skin acquired a clearer and brighter appearance after about 4 weeks of use. If you have dull skin or dark spots, I think it will definitely work but do not expect spots to completely disappear especially if they are very dark and old. The company claims that it works on freckles as well but since I do not have freckles, I cannot verify if that claim is true. The best thing is that it is not one of those products that make the skin *brighter* by leaving a white cast or adding shimmer to the surface of the skin, it works on the skin from the inside and actually improves the quality of the skin. The product has a light fragrance which I actually find quite refreshing!
The 30 ml bottle lasted me about 7-8 weeks. I think I used too much product during the first few weeks, I realised much later that I could do with much lesser. You actually need just a drop of it, it will last you much longer, 3 months easily. I began to see a definite improvement in my skin after about 3 weeks and by the 4-5th week, a lot of people had started asking me what I was using. Partly the glow in my skin was because of the new foundation I was using [MAC Matchmaster] but part of it was due to improvement in my skin tone as well. I think the product is quite worth it, it lasts a good amount of time and it does make a difference to the overall skin tone. My only qualm is that it makes my skin slightly oily after about 2 hours of application during the heavy summer months like right now.
It is a really expensive product and quite an investment. Its great that it is an investment that pays off but what I did not like was the difference in the US and India price for the same quantity. It is roughly Rs 1000 costlier in India which is really disheartening!
The GOOD about Kiehls Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution :
- Easy to use, sturdy packaging
- Light texture – spreads and absorbs easily
- Does not leave any residue on the skin
- Does not cause any tingling or reaction after application
- Gives a brighter complexion over regular use
- Lightens pigmentation, dark spots to quite an extent
- Works from within, gives healthier, clearer skin
- Small amount needed for each application
- No Silicones. No Parabens. No Fragrance.No Colorants. No Optical Diffusers.
The NOT-SO-GOOD about Kiehls Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution :
- Not available in all cities in India
- Makes the skin slightly oily after 1-2 hours of application during heavy summer months [i.e if you already have very oily skin]
- May not work on very heavy pigmentation
Kiehls Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution is a light weight, quick absorbing serum that works from within to give a more glowing complexion over the course of few weeks. The dark spots are more faded and the skin appears clearer and brighter. It sinks into the skin without a trace, does not cause any tingling or reaction and even though it takes time to work, it does its job! So if you have dull skin or pigmentation, this product is worth a try! The dark spots may not disappear completely but they will be lightened for sure and the overall tone of the skin will be improved after few weeks of use.
Rating : 4.25/5[note color=”#FFE4C4″]Have you tried Kiehls products? How was your experience? Share your comments below![/note]
Disclaimer : The product was sent by the brand for consideration. However that has not affected my review of the same.