- Specially formulated with UV filters and anti-tan, skin-soothing ingredients
- Cleanses and soothes sun-exposed skin
- Deep-cleans each pore
- Infused with cucumber and lemon grass extracts that soothe and calm skin irritated by sun exposure
- Use immediately after sun exposure for maximum benefit
My take on the product
Lakme Sun Expert face wash comes in a yellow tube packaging like that of the rest of the range. I like the bright packaging and the fact that it comes in an easy to use flip cap format.
The face wash is a slightly runny clear gel with sparsely distributed tiny beads which are quite mild and don’t really give any exfoliant action. I’m guessing they might be containing some ingredient that releases as you massage the product onto the skin. It lathers mildly with water and gives a cooling sensation on the skin when washed off. The skin feels thoroughly cleansed and refreshed after each use and if you’ve just come back from the outside heat, this is such a treat to use! It has an energizing freshscent (which I’m guessing is lemongrass) which adds to the experience of using this product.
I do not have a tan so I cannot comment if it actually lightens the tan (I highly doubt it though!) but it does clean the skin very well and leaves it fresh and supple. It does not leave any residue or film behind on the skin. It does not dry out the skin and my oily skin does not feel the need for a moisturizer after this though I still use it out of habit. Overall, I feel it is an awesome product for the scorching Indian summer and I’d highly recommend it to everyone!
The GOOD about Lakme Sun Expert Skin After Sun Face wash :
- Attractive, convenient packaging
- Lathers easily with water, washes off without leaving residue
- Cleanses thoroughly without drying out the skin
- Refreshing scent
- Leaves a cooling sensation on the skin post rinsing
- Skin feels fresh and supple after use
The NOT-SO-GOOD about Lakme Sun Expert After Sun Face wash :
- May not hold true to the claim of Skin lightening + De-tanning
- The scent may not be to everyone’s liking
The Indian Summer can be very unforgiving and this face wash works really well, leaving the skin cool, refreshed and soothed after wash. It is a clear runny gel wash that lathers mildly and washes off easily without leaving any residue or drying out the skin. It is a staple in my summer skin care routine and I would highly recommend to everyone (unless you do not like the scent!).
Rating : 4.25/5[note color=”#FFCC00″]Have you tried the Lakme Sun Expert Skin Lightening + De-Tan After Sun Face wash? I generally follow it up with the After Sun Face Mask and the combination really refreshes my skin. The review of the mask will follow soon![/note]
You might also like to read :