I hadn’t done an intense smokey eye in a while so this is what I came up with today. MAC pigment in Dark Soul was lying untouched in my kit since a long time and I decided to use it for this look. I wanted a black and pink look – with black and pink smokey eye and soft pink of the cheeks and lips but it turned out plummier on the eyes 🙂
Read on for makeup break down ..
Summary of the look :
Start by applying kohl all over the lid and set it with MAC pigment in Dark Soul (or any black eye shadow with silver shimmer). Blend out the black in the crease using a berry colored eye shadow like MAC Cranberry, add further depth to the eyes by adding a little reddish brown in the crease (MAC Embark). Apply kohl on waterline, MAC Cranberry on lower lash line and highlight inner corner and browbone with MAC Pigment- Naked. Finish off with MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash mascara. Wipe off any fall out from the under eye and apply foundation (and compact), apply a soft pink blush (MAC Fleur Power) and finish with a soft berry pink stain on the lips(MAC Mattene lipstick Deliciously Forbidden) !
Products used for the eyes :
- MAC Smolder eye kohl
- MAC Pigment in Dark Soul (from Tartan Tale collection)
- MAC eye shadow : Cranberry (berry with pearl finish)
- MAC eye shadow : Embark (reddish brown with matte finish)
- MAC Pigment : Naked (to highlight)
- MAC Zoom Fast Lash Black mascara
- Brushes : The Body Shop mineral eye shadow brush, MAC 219, MAC 217, Coastal Scents pointed crease brush
Products used for the face and lips :
- MAC Matchmaster foundation no. 3
- MAC Blush : Fleur Power
- MAC Matte lipstick : Deliciously Forbidden (applied lightly with a brush)