Posted by Corallista | Posted in Looks | Posted on 26-03-2012
Tags: blush, bright summer makeup, clinique long last lipstick beach coral, coral lipstick, coral lipstick india, coral lipstick indian sin, coral lipstick indian skin tone, coral makeup, emerald green eye shadow, EOTD, eye liner, eye makeup, eye shadow, eyes, FOTD, green coral makeup, green eye makeup, green eye makeup india, green eye makeup look, green eye shadow, green eyes coral lips, green gold eye makeup, green spring makeup, how to wear green eye makeup, indian beauty blog, indian makeup, indian makeup blog, lime green eye makeup, lipstick, lipstick for green eye makeup, MAC, MAC cosmetics India, MAC india, MAC Matchmaster foundation, MAC Matchmaster foundation india, MAC Matchmaster foundation india no. 3, MAC Smolder eye kohl, MAC zoom fast black lash mascara, makeup, makeup breakdown, makeup look, makeup products, makeup summer 2012, moisturizing lipstick, NXY lime green eye shadow, spring makeup, summer makeup, summery green eye makeup
Today I’m doing a green toned eye makeup look paired with soft coral lips. The emphasis is on the eyes in this look but to keep the look summery, I’ve paired it with a coral toned lip color. Green+coral is one of my favorite combinations and the one that I strongly associate with spring/summer!
Read on for the makeup breakdown and step-wise instructions..
Summary of the look :
Start eye makeup by priming the eyes with a gold base. Apply lime green eye shadow all over lid, darken crease with medium grassy green and apply emerald green on lower lash line. Highlight inner corner and browbone, line eyes and finish off with mascara. Apply a natural finish foundation, apply a soft peach blush and highlight cheekbones. Complete the look with a toned down coral lipstick/gloss!
Products used for the eyes :
- MAC Paint pot Indianwood (As base)
- Marie Claire white gold eye shadow (inner corner+browbone)
- NYX eye shadow Lime green (centre of lid)
- BeYu eye shadow Parsley Drop (outer corner and crease)
- MAC emerald green eye shadow (from Double feature duo #4 – on lower lash line)
- MAC Smolder eye kohl
- L’oreal Paris gel liner (black for upper lash line)
- MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5
- MAC Zoom Fast Black lash mascara (not pictured)
- Start by priming the lids with a gold base like MAC indianwood paint pot
- Apply a light gold highlighter on inner corner and browbone.
- Apply a lime green eye shadow on entire lid
- Apply a medium green eye shadow on outer corner and crease and blend with the lime green and highlight shade
- Apply kohl +liner
- Smudge the kohl on lower lash line with a cool toned emerald green eye shadow for a contrasting effect
- Finish off with mascara
Products used for the face :
- MAC Matchmaster foundation no. 3 (sample)
- MAC Strobe cream (on cheekbone, sample)
- Clinique Blended face powder no. 3
- Mikyajy Blush : Peach twist
On lips :
- Clinique Long last lipstick : Beach Coral
Alternates : You could also pair this eye makeup with Revlon Colorburst lip gloss Papaya or Avon Simply Pretty lipstick in Mango Mania (applied lightly with a lip brush just for stained effect)
If you would like to go for a softer look, you could skip the emerald green eye shadow on the lower lash line. Without it, the look is predominantly warm with the lime green+gold on the eyes and soft coral +peach on the rest of the face. However, if you like to highlight your eyes, go for the cool toned green on the lower lash line, this would contrast with the warmth of the lime green and gold and draw attention to the eyes without breaking the harmony of colors!