Posted by Ankita Srivastava | Posted in Beauty Shopping, Makeup Fun | Posted on 05-03-2012
Tags: beauty brands in Mumbai, beauty shopping in mumbai, beauty shopping mumbai, beauty stores in mumbai, bharat and dorris stores mumbai, brand in infinity 2 malas, brands in inorbit mall malad, clarins in mumbai, clinique in mumbai, colorbar store mumbai, dior in mumbai, elizabeth arden mumbai, estee lauder store mumbai, faces bath range, faces store mumbai, faces stores in india, guerlain in mumbai, infinity 2 malad, infinity mall malad, inglot store malad, inglot stores mumbai, inorbit mall malad, lancome in mumbai, MAC store malad, MAC store mumbai, make up for ever, make up for ever india, make up for ever mumbai, make up for ever store in mumbai, make up for ever studio mumbai, make up for ever where to buy india, makeup brands in mumbai, makeup shopping in mumbai, makeup shopping mumbai, malad beauty brands, malad shopping, mumbai malad shopping, omved stores mumbai, shopping mumbai, skin care brands mumbai, where to shop in mumbai
Hope you’re off to a good start of the week! Here’s a new series of posts to brighten up your Mondays, this series is about the Beauty shopping destinations in Mumbai. Every week, I’ll be taking you to a small tour of the beauty hot spots in Mumbai and the brands you can find there. This way, all you beauty enthusiasts who travel to Mumbai on work/holiday can find a Beauty Shopping Guide to Mumbai in one place and take full advantage of what this city has to offer in terms of beauty shopping! This will also help the Mumbaikars who haven’t yet explored the city’s beauty destinations.
Kick starting this new series with the ultimate beauty destination in Mumbai – Inorbit and Infinity 2 Mall, Malad.
Inorbit Mall in Malad has a lot to offer in terms of Beauty brands and with the coming of the new Infinity 2 Mall just about 5 mins away from Inorbit, Malad has become the Mecca of Beauty enthusiasts!
Inorbit Mall has huge Shopper’s Stop and Lifestyle outlets which means you can find all the regular brands like Maybelline, Revlon, Lakme, Chambor, L’oreal in these 2 stores. Apart from these, Inorbit Shopper’s Stop has an extensive list of luxury brands!
Brands you will find here -
- Estee Lauder
- Elizabeth Arden
The only name missing here is Chanel! Apart from that, you will find every other high end brand available in India here.
On the same floor as the Shoppers Stop beauty section (ground floor) at the other side of the mall is the Make Up For Ever studio! This is the only MUFE outlet in India and a makeup lover’s dream! The store is illuminated like a photo studio and has helpful Store personnel as well a huge array of shades for every product! If you happen to visit, do check out their foundations, lipsticks, aqua creams and eye shadows/pigments.
As far as skin care goes, you will find Forest Essentials as well as The Body Shop stores on the first floor.
And lastly, the quirky Kiehl’s store located on the ground floor completes the tour of Inorbit Mall Beauty stores. The store is modeled like the original store at New York and has a very different feel to it than most stores. The sales staff is excellent and you can get a skin/hair consultation as well as complimentary samples to try out for yourself.
Infinity 2, Malad
Infinity 1 is located near Lokhandwala Market in Andheri while the new Infinity known as Infinity 2 is located 5 minutes from Inorbit Mall. This mall has a very unique brand selection. You can find Revlon, Maybelline, Lakme, L’oreal, Chambor etc on the ground floor at Health & Glow but the really exciting stores are located on the upper levels. This mall has the following brand stores -
- Bharat & Dorris : This is a brand started by 2 Makeup artists who are known to have worked with many Bollywood Actresses. Presently, it only has stores in Mumbai/Pune as far as I know. I have only tried 2 products from the brand – a lip gloss and an eye shadow and found the quality to be average, nothing very impressive. I want to try out the brushes and primers too which I’ll do probably on my next visit.
- Inglot ! : One of the very few Inglot stores in Mumbai, this one is bigger than the G7 Mall (Andheri) store and is beautifully arranged and set up. The color range is HUGE and I could spend a long time here if the Store assistants were a little more pleasant. On my last visit, the SA refused to sell eye shadow refills to me saying that I had to buy the palette as well. What is the point of keeping refills then? I wish Inglot would work a little on their PR, I love the products but the store experience is unpleasant.
- Colorbar : Colorbar store is simply amazing! Its tiny but you would be surprized by the range they carry there. The product range is much more extensive than what they carry on the counters. I was so excited to find 16 shades of the lip pots there, the counters generally carry only 4-5 shades. The nail paint selection is huge, the premium range looks a lot like the OPI Nail lacquers and the shade range is gorgeous. The Store Assistants are very friendly and helpful, I would recommend everyone to visit this store if they are in the Malad area.
- Faces : The Faces store was another surprize, while the Makeup section is good, I was just blown away by the skin/hair/body care range they carry. Its like a mini The Body Shop in there with delightful fruity scents! I wish they open more stores like these. I was in a hurry and didn’t buy anything but on my next trip, I would definitely pick up some of the great smelling bath and body care range.
- Omved : If you like natural products, you must check out the Omved store.
I couldn’t take a closer pic of the Colorbar store because of security issues -
This completes the tour of the Beauty spots in Malad, hope you enjoy the series and find it useful if you visit Malad sometime